Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:24

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Excel spreadsheet
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 18:09 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Hey guys, for my Uni placement I need to catalogue a fuck load of artifacts into an excel spreadsheet, easy enough of course, however they also want pictures etc etc etc

I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick How To on linking cells between sheets in 1 document.

An example of this would be A1-infitity on sheet one and A1-infinity on sheet two have the same values on both pages, whereever entered.

Any help with it would be epic,

cheers! :4

de 
 Post subject: Re: Excel spreadsheet
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 18:14 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Quote:
When you have a Microsoft Excel workbook that contains the same data on two or more worksheets, you could type the data first on one sheet, and then copy it on to the others. But a better method would be to use Excel's Grouping function. For example, suppose you are setting up your grade and attendance worksheets for the new semester. You will need to list each student's name on each worksheet. Follow these steps:

1. Press [Ctrl] while clicking the sheet name tabs of the Attendance and Grades worksheets.
2. Type the name of each student on the Attendance worksheet. As the data is typed, it will automatically be entered on the Grades worksheet.
3. Right-click on any Sheet Name tab and select Ungroup Sheets.

Be sure to ungroup your worksheets before entering data that is not common to both worksheets.

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Excel spreadsheet
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 18:28 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Ok, i got that, but this catalogue will be constantly added to, and one sheet will be for data, one will be fore images, with the constant cell in the A column being the catalgoue number. Is there anyway to just link that column without using group/ungroup?