Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:51

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Boots of speed?
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 11:23 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Ehm is there a counter to this item? I am getting slightly annoyed by it on the WC3 server and thought it was way better without legal speedhack. Its especially imba when a deadringer spy starts using it as he can bolt for ammo packs real fast and stay alive forever (like I didn't already).

dk 
 Post subject: Re: Boots of speed?
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 12:51 
Likes to type... (290)
The "Orb of frost" works - but then again you will need to hit em :evil:

The most simple choice would be deleting it from the shopmenu - i dont think there will be so much drama about it.

*edit* Lets make a poll about removing it.

cz 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 23:31 
Community slut (13473)
It's a new item and race ability (non-stackable). It might be some bugs still exist or it still needs finetuning. Any comments to improve boots of speed is welcome. I'll relay it to the wc3source dev.

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 01:49 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I'd say remove it completely.

Now the whole point of the WC3 mod is to have some "rulebreaking" but the boots of speed just wreck gameplay. Simply said you got classes that were not designed to go this fast, suddenly going uberfast. Which might not have been a problem if the game was not designed around certain ammopacks being so many paces apart and health packs being so many paces apart. On goldrush a spy with the boots and the deadringer can stay alive FOREVER. Use deadringer, grab the big ammobox in the little house, use deadringer again, grab the ammobox in front of the house, use deadringer, grab the ammobox on the side below the rail, use deadringer. Its an endless cycle pretty much.

I think the boots simply change gameplay too much, it reduces time taken to get somewhere and in a game where time taken to get somewhere played a pretty big roll in development its just fucked up. Everyone can buy the boots, but the benefits of them are just too great. They either need to made grossly expensive (something like 8 credits) or it should be only a very minor speed boost. Also is it a percentage increase or just a flat out bonus? If its just a flat out bonus it is hugely in favor of slow classes who benefit % wise a lot more than faster classes.