Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:40

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 10:47 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Alright, the strangest thing is happening to my new pc but I have no idea how to fix it.. and hours of googling didn't really help either.

I recently bought a new pc, but a while after turning it on the monitor turns off with a "no signal" showing up on screen. After that turning off the pc and turning it on does not work, still no signal. leaving it off (but on the power) for a long time and then turning it on sometimes works.. but that's not really handy. I don't get any signal, I don't even see the enter bios screen/safe mode come by..

I checked the monitor with my laptop/other pc and it works fine. I checked my videocard with another pc, again it works fine. I reseated my videocard, even used the various hdmi/dvi slots. The motherboard led shows that it is working fine. I took out and changed the ram around. I cleared the bios, nothing.

I'm at my end here, I don't get what is wrong with it and I don't really want to send the whole pc back to where I bought it~ Anybody came across such a ridiculous error before? I know my pc fully boots to the windows login screen, there is just no signal..

my rig:
Code:
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 - Moederbord
Iiyama Pro Lite E2407HDS-1 - LCD-scherm 24"
WD Caviar Green WD10EADS - Vaste schijf - 1 TB
Corsair Performance Series P128 - 128 GB
LG BH08LS20 Super Multi Blue - Schijfstation
Processor - 1 x Intel Core i7 i7-920 / 2.66 GHz
Sapphire RADEON HD 5870
Corsair Dominator - Geheugen - 6 GB : 3 x 2 GB
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D - Fulltowermodel
Corsair HX850W - Voeding
Corsair Hydro Series H50

de 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 11:13 
Geek (856)
Have you tested your gpu in the other PC for a long time and under load too?

A missing signal which comes back after a few minutes when the PC was shut down tipps to gpu overheat.

nl 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 11:16 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
I haven't.. but it's odd since it's a brandnew pc and it's really well cooled one. The random turnoffs were not even when the pc was under any load :/

But I seem to have found something odd.. the power supply is still supplying power when I set it from 1 to 0.. hmm

de 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 11:24 
Geek (856)
Maybe its a psu with a feature which is supposed to turn the fans for X minutes after the shut down.

dk 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 15:39 
Likes to type... (290)
My guess would be that you have to set your resolution down abit, it should have nothing to do with your pc - its a monitor error.

New drivers and info on your monitor here http://www.iiyama.com/en_GB/Product/pro ... 9#showtab2

If all fails - check your bios and post the voltage each is using - perhaps download everest and save log n upload..i want moar info!....!

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 15:47 
Geek (975)
It could also be the cable failing - try a different monitor cable if you can.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 15:51 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmLrz_l ... re=related[/youtube]

eu 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 16:45 
Getcha' Pull (402)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
IT Crowd
I just love that series!

And on the topic, could be caused by a failing or too small PSU as well

Which PSU you have in there? edit : never mind. i cannae read

nl 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 21:48 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
Does it always happen at 30 minutes?
or is it at random times eg from 10 seconds to 4 hours? or between 1 and 2 hours
During gaming? or another task?
All drivers installed? Latest versions? Chipmaker (eg ati device drivers in stead of RADEON?)
Do you get any beeps during during failed startup?
After how long turning it of does it always go on?
Try running it with minimal hardware:
One ram chip. A cheapo 30 euro videocard, and one harddisk.

Opinion:
sounds like a temperature problem:
electrical problems almost always are solved with a reboot...

When did you buy it? (colportage wet (dutch:) alle dingen gekocht op internet kunnen altijd binnen 8 dagen worden terug gestuurd (geloof ikm vraag amy, die heeft dat uitgezocht.)
[SpA]futari wrote:
Alright, the strangest thing is happening to my new pc but I have no idea how to fix it.. and hours of googling didn't really help either.

I recently bought a new pc, but a while after turning it on the monitor turns off with a "no signal" showing up on screen. After that turning off the pc and turning it on does not work, still no signal. leaving it off (but on the power) for a long time and then turning it on sometimes works.. but that's not really handy. I don't get any signal, I don't even see the enter bios screen/safe mode come by..

I checked the monitor with my laptop/other pc and it works fine. I checked my videocard with another pc, again it works fine. I reseated my videocard, even used the various hdmi/dvi slots. The motherboard led shows that it is working fine. I took out and changed the ram around. I cleared the bios, nothing.

I'm at my end here, I don't get what is wrong with it and I don't really want to send the whole pc back to where I bought it~ Anybody came across such a ridiculous error before? I know my pc fully boots to the windows login screen, there is just no signal..

my rig:
Code:
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 - Moederbord
Iiyama Pro Lite E2407HDS-1 - LCD-scherm 24"
WD Caviar Green WD10EADS - Vaste schijf - 1 TB
Corsair Performance Series P128 - 128 GB
LG BH08LS20 Super Multi Blue - Schijfstation
Processor - 1 x Intel Core i7 i7-920 / 2.66 GHz
Sapphire RADEON HD 5870
Corsair Dominator - Geheugen - 6 GB : 3 x 2 GB
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D - Fulltowermodel
Corsair HX850W - Voeding
Corsair Hydro Series H50

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:59 
Clan leaders (1417)
Listen to the Graphics card fan - The 5870 is pretty noisy when it starts up for a couple seconds, then it gets much quieter. If it doesn't slow the fan down and get quieter, the card is dying/dead. If it does slow it down, it could be some other kind of 5870 bios problem... Use RADEON BIOS EDITOR to adjust the clock and fan speeds for the various power usage modes. I had a different problem from you (a dual display problem), but I solved it by upping the memory speed to a constantly high number; you may need something similiar.

Also, to find out whether it's the card or not, run something like 3DMarkVantage or MSI Afterburner stress test and see if either of those make it lose the signal quicker; if so, then it's temperature related (in which case return it instantly).

As already suggested, get a new DVi cable and see if that helps - the thicker, the better... I've had problems with poor quality monitor cables in the past.

Your PSU is more than capable of running your system, with a lot of watts left over even, so it's doubtful that there's a problem with power. You COULD take just the PSU into your local computer shop and ask them to stick it on a PSU tester to make sure none of the rails are faulty. They shouldn't charge you for that (it takes 30seconds), and even if they DO charge you, it would only be a couple of quid/euros.

If you want more detailed advice, get me on MSN : chrismancini73@hotmail.com
Fault finding PC hardware is exactly what I've been doing as a career for a 15 years...

de 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 13:31 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Poor failtari. :cry:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 16:53 
Has learned to write! (217)
I think its cause the initial load when started your PC requires more electricity then what your PSU has that is why when leaving it on at the main your able to boot into windows cause your PSU will have enough stored energy to cope with the start up load.

Test you can do is to simply unplug the power from the DVD/B-RAY drive you may have installed and try that. They use up a lot of power on load.

Other information that is always useful is the systems beeps at the start as they tell you if the mobo has completed it checks successfully and if there is a problem what it is. If you hear nothing then its probably in your case cause there wasn't enough power supplied to the mobo.

Most PSU now days are 85+ efficient so leaving the mains power to your tower shouldn't be to costly.

Might even be the bios version your running you should check to see what yours is and if a newer version would help.

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 10:04 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Thanks for the advise, I will test it out tomorrow morning when I get the chance <3

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 14:46 
Clan leaders (1417)
It's almost definately not the PSU... There's no initial load issue, because it fails anytime AFTER the initial boot-up. If that was the case you'd get the same problem on every startup... BIOS problems would also be consistent if it were crash/display based - The same thing would happen every time at the same point. Very doubtful it's your BIOS...

Was it like this from the first time you switched it on after buying it? If so, you should have returned it straight away.

Did you set your other PC or Laptop to the same resolution/colour depth/refresh rate as this machine? To make sure it's not the monitor you need to make sure you had the same settings... A lot of monitors die at higher refresh rates but work fine with lower settings and so on...

I stick with my last post's advice!

in 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 10:58 
Illiterate (3)
This Problem occurred due to lack of current supply.check the Voltage how much you get it.it sufficient for your computer or not if voltage supply is OK then check out the SMPS it's work properly or not.