Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:33

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 23:00 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Does anyone have experience with flashes and such?
I'd like a normal flash on my camera, but I don't wanna spend another 3 to 4 hundred euros on yet another flash for macros with a ringflash. Canon does have that ring flash you can put on your speedlite 580. The speedlite itself is about 375 euros and the ringflash is about 270.
The tumax will cost 129 in total and then you have a normal flash and ring flash you could slide over whenever you want to take macros.

Take a look :
http://www.icorpandtumax.com/product_in ... 51&pre=287

http://www.icorpandtumax.com/product_in ... 55&pre=287

Read on a forum that somebody tested the DMR and he said he liked it, for that price. I was wondering what you guys and girls think of that tumax combo. It looks like it would serve me right, as I'm not looking for a pricy solution and I'm gonna be new to taking pics with flash and taking macros. I only had the flash on the camera itself and I try to avoid that terrible piece of work. Whenever I really want to take a picture when it's really too dark and I don't have my tripod with me, I just take a pic on full automatic, sucks badly :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 11:25 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
The external flash that I have used is the Canon Speedlite 430EX. There's quite a good review about it here http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Revi ... eview.aspx It's a good little flash where you can direct the light to reflect off objects, you can pop a diffuser on for more of a subtle light and you can also use it as a slave. You can pick some up for under £200, here for instance http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... G48F9BV6TN

Other than that I either rely on the natural lighting or if I'm in the studio I use spots and softy's.

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 14:58 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Yeah, i wanted to get the speedlite. But then I don't wanna spend another or higher amount on a ringflash. The speedlite 580's got a ringflash you can connect and mount on your camera, but that'll cost another 270 euros. So, the 580 bout 375 euros plus the 270 you come down to 645 euros. That for not having any experience with macro or flash units, I'd say it's a bit much. Also a bit more then I'd like to spend. I do like the 580 a lot.
Then there's that tumax, for 96 euros I'll have a flash and a ringflash. It's supposed to get 32 meters, autofocus, p/ttl and ttl, bounce. It really seems like something nice to start off with and if I really dig it, I'll go for some more expensive stuff. Maybe the 580 with the ringflash, maybe a seperate ringflash, I'll see by then.
I also have to buy a macro lens. Thinking about the Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro or this one Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro. Anyway, I think I'll love taking macro pictures of scary bugs :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 15:12 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I've got the nifty 50mm f/1.8 it's an amazing lens. I took most of the band shots with it. This one for instance:

Amazing FOV, just open up that aperture and voila!

The tumax does look good for what it's worth. I'd give it a whirl and then when you get enough knowledge and money you can go for the Speedlite :5:

Oh btw, I'll be bringing the nifty 50 to Romania so you can check it out if you want :4

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 18:19 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Nice :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 21:29 
FUCK YOU! (320)
In all honesty, I can't save I've ever heard of Tumax. I am not up together with flashes. I use a Canon Speedlite 580EX Mk II, and I am only just beginning to understand that - it's nothing something I really thought much about, because of the small amount of time I get to play with the camera these days.
I'd personally go straight for proper ring flash rather than an add-on to the current flash you have. That's just me, though.