Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:32

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Spawncamping
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 01:11 
Has learned to write! (161)
Heya guys,
is spawncamping really forbidden on SpA servers? This evening one SpA member threatened a player that he'd get kicked if he didn't stop spawncamping. However, I don't really see the point why this should be forbidden. Yes, it might be lame, but on the other hand: if a team isn't able to get out of their spawn, it's clearly their own fault and not the spawncamper's.

be 
 Post subject: Re: Spawncamping
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 01:59 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
It's legal. I hate spawncamping too, but we just have to live with it.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 02:20 
Likes to type... (279)
If its just one or two people its not really a problem and something an admin probably shouldn't intervene in, albeit it is annoying to walk out of spawn and get instakilled by stickies planted off to the side. If its the whole team doing it though (something that happens on dustbowl stage 2 a fair bit, especially now that engis can move level 3 sentries) then it might be a problem depending on how organized the team getting spawn camped is and whether they can make a push outside (spending 10 minutes stuck inside your own spawn because the team just won't work together is really not fun and would probably just end up emptying the server), but even then its probably something that an admin wouldn't get involved with unless in the more extreme examples, but i'd leave that upto saint to decide what should be extreme enough.

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 17 Aug 2010, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 02:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Its all down to circumstance, example, when capping A on Steel, I see no problem having a heavy or something camping the spawn defenders spawn door, it has to be done to cap efficiently.

Now spawn camping when the attackers are on like the 5th point, just means that player camping is pretty lame and not helping his/her team out when they are struggling to defend.

Now you cant blame a spy for spawn camping, they are taking out teles and if you get killed by a spy when leaving spawn... good, you deserve it for being cocky and thinking your are safe.

On badly designed maps like dustbowl and goldrush, its really hard to avoid, as the defenders can physically sit on the spawn door. Or as what's commonly seen, the same pyro medic uber combo will sit at the door till they get whittled down. This really is hard to avoid, and hopefully the red team will not be twats and learn to retreat in order to not be viewed by everyone on the server, red and blu, as massive massive pricks with no skill.

Most spawns have two exits most of the time so as Blaze said, there reign of terror wont last long.

Personally, I normally just tell the person not to be lame and spawn camp, then go thoroughly rape the crap out of them till they learn their lesson. :ugly:

Please excuse the term, tough love. :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 08:27 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
alot of the time it's annoying, yes. but we've had this discussion before and the final word from saint is that it's legit, always. so the rules aren't going to change i'm afraid.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 10:08 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
It is legal to spawn camp.

But my thoughts on Spawn camping are simple: anyone who does it is a moron.

Good for you, you're winning while essentially ruining a map for everyone on the opposing team and everyone on your own team who decided not to join in on your bullshit spawn camping, bra-fucking-vo.

Also:
Sawyer wrote:
but on the other hand: if a team isn't able to get out of their spawn, it's clearly their own fault and not the spawncamper's.
This argument is so very similar to another one, but to compare the two would be quite messed up, so i'm not going to. All i'm going to say is I disagree.

se 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 10:50 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
To be honest, most maps are designed in a way that spawn camping isn't really an issue - it's just way too hard to keep the pressure up so it ends after a short time (unless the team that's being spawn camped is extremely retarded).

There are however a few maps where spawn camping is extremely easy to do and extremely hard to get out. Sure, one can always build uber in spawn, but on said maps it is possible to negate it by simply counter ubering.

Yesterday I played a round of Thunder Mountain, I was in the attacking team. It was about 8v8 I think, and on the first stage we pretty much rolled the red team. On the 2nd stage, it took us at least 5 mins to get out of spawn. Even two medics (I was one, uc'ed 3 times) weren't enough at first, we had to wait for the enemy to screw up.

Similar situations occur on Gold Rush 2nd stage often enough. Ban those maps lololol

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 10:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
alot of the time it's annoying, yes. but we've had this discussion before and the final word from saint is that it's legit, always. so the rules aren't going to change i'm afraid.
Exactly, but, dont assume you are going to be well liked afterwards, and I would rather have friends on the server than people who thought i was a spawn camping piece of shit. Unless it comes under the circumstances i mentioned previously.

As Gibboss said, and i agree with. They are morons who lack the skill to kill someone outside of spawn lol rather than needing a visual cue from the door ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 13:45 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Gotta agree with the other SpA members who posted here. Spawn camping is just point grinding and that is the lowest form of gaming in TF2.. People who point grind are only in it for the ePeen and do not give a shit about the team. Regrettably that is at least 30-50% or the players out there and the reason so many matches devolve into stalemates or result in steam rollers. When half your team is sniper and spy you are simply never gonna have a good match.

pl 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 15:10 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
A bit of spawn camping is ok, unless you're camping the only spawn doors, but then I have no problem stating my opinion and gathering fair amount of hate towards me :ugly:
On the other hand can you PLEASE get rid of class limiter immunity ? Its ONLY used to violate number of snipers and having 4 or 5 snipers is maybe great for those snipers, but not so great for other teammates.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 15:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
didn't we win that map?! :ugly:

pl 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 15:23 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Dunno, but first thing that happened on that map was me getting shot in the face by enemy sniper :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 15:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
@Bart - Gotta agree with you there. There is simply no need ever to have that many of a class like sniper.

To expand on my first post though let me clarify my feelings on spawn camping. On certain maps it can be fine. Having a demo set up outside the spawn at 2Fort is par for the course. You just reselect class, spawn at the other side and kick his ass. :) My issue is malicious, talentless spawn camping as can be done, for example only, by spies. Lurking around the corner from a spawn and nipping out to try and get some back-stabs before you get fried just reeks of point grinding. Killing people as they spawn (especially as most maps have multiple spawn points) does nothing to help your team as the people you are killing are not in the fight yet. All you are doing is bumping your score in a desperate attempt to look big and clever.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 16:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Roar if i catch you spawn camping, i will literally come visit you where you live and tea bag you :shock:

hehe seriously, its only the douchest of douches that spawn camps, real men run up to big groups of enemies and attempt to butt *@*% them all till you are dead or at least heavily infected with the worst sort of groin diseases...!

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 17:58 
Has learned to write! (161)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Roar if i catch you spawn camping, i will literally come visit you where you live and tea bag you :shock:

hehe seriously, its only the douchest of douches that spawn camps, real men run up to big groups of enemies and attempt to butt *@*% them all till you are dead or at least heavily infected with the worst sort of groin diseases...!
I'd never spawncamp, at least not on close range. I'll spawncamp you as a sniper :twisted:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 18:05 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Sawyer wrote:
I'd never spawncamp, at least not on close range. I'll spawncamp you as a sniper :twisted:
Cool, well at least i wont have to worry about you shooting me then :wink:

:5: SNAP!

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 12:23 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
easy anwser. Yes spawncamping is allowed

Only exception to this rule is on the WC3 server where people placed hexes on the spawn exit door and you'd get gibbed regardless and really had no way to deal with it.