Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:24

All times are UTC+02:00

se 
 Post subject: Laptop noise
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 15:43 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Laptop: Hp pavilion dv6 1030eo
Problem: Fan to loud (Even with no games running)
Since quite some time the fan have been running really loud, and acording to my googling the solution/problem is this?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... ct=3892530
I am guessing that is what i am supposed to do, or is there anything else i could do?
Should i leave it to some professionals or just do it myself? (or just let it be and let it fix it itself :ugly: )

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Laptop noise
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 15:46 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
after cleaning it, you could try out one of those additional "under the laptop" fan extensions... yes i know... very technically worded ;)

be 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 15:54 
Geek (885)
You can easily do it yourself. But I really advice you to do it quick. Last 2 laptops I had died on me because I neglected to take out the dustbunnies having a party in my fans. This lead to overheating and me being broke.

Damn those bunnies! Evil vile creatures.

se 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 16:05 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Quote:
Annual service
Remember that your computer as well as your car needs regular maintenance. We go through your computer, clean where necessary and remove spyware, cookies, and unneeded files. We also check that your Windows installation is properly updated and then gives suggestions on how you can make your computer work faster. 495 kr = aboutish less than 50€
Some local computer shops offer(Yes, i was lazy and used google translate). And yes i know how to delete the first 3 stuff, but i am not so keen on the idea of opening my laptop myself so to say.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 16:09 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hmm, i wouldnt like people lookin inside the file system (plus i can do all that myself)

but it might be worth leaving hardware stuff with a trusted professional, if you dont feel confident with it, and with a laptop, i myself wouldn't be comfortable with that. green, ask your mates if any of them can vouch for a decent pro to look at your laptop, if they cant, then just make sure you get some sort of guarantee or something if they end up loosing your laptop or breaking it... it does happen.... i.e. if ur British, never send ANYTHING to pc world to fix... (i havent myself, but others i know have, and have lost alot out of it)

se 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 16:21 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
I might be able to come off a bit cheaper as students get a 25% discount for service work(according to their website). Hm, will try to talk to them tomorrow, and will try to talk to some friends later tonight @ skype.

Edit: I would not think it would be necessary for them to look into the files and such, those kind of things i either can get a few friends of mine to help with, or even do it myself.

se 
 Post subject: Laptop noise
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 23:32 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
"Double post"
Update: I have left my computer at the local store, i will hopefully get it back in the upcoming days. They said that the fan could be semi broken(hopefully not). But They would not know for sure until later.

Gah, writing on your phone is hard.

Edit: Got it back today 25/11, the fan really makes less sound now. :4

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 14:39 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
i just turn the volume of the music higher, or start humming myself :5:

Good that you have it back Green! How much did it cost you in the end?

We Shall Not Be Moved!

se 
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 15:22 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
It cost me about 370kr, which equals about 37 euro. For that they cleaned it, checked the fan and looked if anything else was wrong with windows and my files :|.

(While i didn't have a computer a lot of school stuff that needed to be done didn't get done. Guess what i will have to all weekend now :( )