Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:05

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: TF2 updates installed
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 08:13 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

Shared Source Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Updated the Linux srcds_run script.
- Added warning message for people running the server as root.
- Changed the working directory to the game tree before executing the dedicated server.
- Updated the existing localization files.
- Added Czech, Hungarian, Romanian and Turkish localization files.

Team Fortress 2
- Updated several models with optimizations and new LODs.
- Updated the default TF2 crosshairs to use the RGB and scale settings in the Options->Multiplayer dialog like custom crosshairs do.
- Added a glow effect to the team intelligence entities when they're not being carried.
- Added a timer to indicate how much time is left before the gate closes in DeGroot Keep.
- Added a new plate model to be used when a Heavy throws the Buffalo Steak Sandvich to heal teammates.
- Added a note in the trading dialog to let you know when your trading partner is typing.
- Added a new Valve map CP_5Gorge.
- Fixed the Mad Milk effect not being washed off when a player goes underwater.
- Fixed being able to attack teammates using pumpkin bombs and arrows fired by the Huntsman or the Crusader's Crossbow.
- Fixed switching to the melee weapon instead of using the lastweapon setting after drinking Crit-a-Cola.
- Fixed not seeing the critboost effect on the Scout's Shortstop.
- Fixed the Sniper Rifle and SMG view models having Red skins while on the Blue team.
- Fixed the Engineer PDA view models (build/destroy) having Red skins while on the Blue team.
- Fixed the mini-sentry HUD not playing the alert sound when the sentry is sapped or low on ammo.
- Updated the community map CP_Yukon.
-Central CP moved up to bridge.
-Bridge widened.
-Several sticky exploits patched.
-Flat bridge added onto CP1's pipes.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:41 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
woot! will cp_gorge automatically be added to spapoints menu? if so, shall try it out! as it might make a nice variation to the standard rotation, unlike the attack/defend version of it which had too many round and would empty the server.

looking forward to trying yukon again! :D

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:43 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
woot! will cp_gorge automatically be added to spapoints menu? if so, shall try it out! as it might make a nice variation to the standard rotation, unlike the attack/defend version of it which had too many round and would empty the server.

I didn't notice the addition of new maps. Please ask BAM to update dmr.txt (the mapcycle), I'll add the map to spapoints.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
woot! will cp_5gorge automatically be added to spapoints menu? if so, shall try it out! as it might make a nice variation to the standard rotation, unlike the attack/defend version of it which had too many round and would empty the server.

I didn't notice the addition of new maps. Please ask BAM to update dmr.txt (the mapcycle), I'll add the map to spapoints.
If you could add them to spa points that would be great, and if the feedback I get from test plays is good then ill suggest to bam to update the rotation with cp_5gorge. I don't recommend adding Yukon to our Vanilla/popular rotation as it's not a popular favourite, but i shall test it out and gauge the reaction of the community. :D

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:48 
Community slut (13473)
added

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
added
:5: Saint! big hug from me next time i see you too! ... but thats not cause of adding maps to the spa points list! hehe

de 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:58 
Geek (630)
Thx for the good job.

And finally time to play Yukon again, missed it already. :4

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
Thx for the good job.

And finally time to play Yukon again, missed it already. :4
SnipeFEST TIME! :D

ro 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 12:44 
Geek (736)
I put both "new" maps (5gorge and yukon) on mapcycle. Depending on feedback they will stay or go.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 13:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Cool mate, looking forward to seeing the changes, and playing a new map for a change too hehe. Will monitor feedback and report back! :5:

de 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 19:52 
Geek (630)
Maprotation does not work :|

Was "badwater only". Changed it manually to badlands, but "nextmap badwater again"

Edit: Even after setting a map to something else, the next map always will be Badwater. Also setting a map by spapoints does not work.
Atm only chance to set a different map is by admincommand. ;)

Last edited by [SpA]Dunken on 20 Jan 2011, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 20:03 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
Maprotation
I was wondering what this word meant before I read the rest of your post :P

de 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 20:28 
Geek (630)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
Maprotation
I was wondering what this word meant before I read the rest of your post :P
Yeah Maprotation :) it's the "Pro" word for Mapcycle :P

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 20:39 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I was thinking, what the hell is mapro :D

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 21:11 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
map "cp_yukon" in key "cp_yukon" is invalid!
Should be fixed now, map name is "cp_yukon_final" 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 21:39 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
danke saint! :5:

ro 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 08:35 
Geek (736)
Yeah..my mistake, I didn't put full name :|

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 09:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Didn't get to check the lineup because it we about 4 maps away from coming up and the server was empty and I went to bed.
Will check tonite if those two maps are infact next to each other. (As that's not recommended)

But judging from early feedback, yukon was enjoyed and numbers were good. Cp5gorge had mixed views, I personally liked it and it was nice playing a new map for a change, don't think we should remove it from rotation just yet till its had a good week or so for people to get into more or fully hate it. Will continue to monitor player numbers during play time on that map. I really enjoyed it though, the problem with cp_gorge was that it was always either a grind or a steam roll, whereas this version offers the same gameplay opportunities as the other 5cp maps in the game.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:20 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
5gorge is largely terrible for 6vs6 (which is dissapointing as alot of people, me included, had been looking forward to the next valve 5cp push map in the hope of something that might live up to badlands) - but for the same reason that it's terrible for 6vs6, i think it'll be very good for pub play. and that's because every point has loads of different routes for flanking. i can see it being quite 'flowy', if aesthetically bland and uninteresting.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
if aesthetically bland and uninteresting.
definitely agree with that, most tf2 maps employ both teams art styles (cold metal for blue, and warm woods for red) but gorge seems to just be cold and blue for me...

pl 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:28 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
5gorge is awesome for 20+ players, I saw people complaining its unplayable for like 6vs6, cause its so large, but since no one cares about 6vs6 ( :mrgreen: ) I think its size is a big advantage for pub play, cause you cant defend a point with single or even 2 sentries or a mobile heavy-sentry ;) And tbh its not that big as some claims ( a'ka OMG I DONT PLAY IT IT TAKES 2 HOURS TO GET TO MIDDLE ), first of all you have a great invention called teleporter and secondly it took me about 22-23 seconds to get from spawn to the middle cp as a pyro. No idea how long it takes on for example granary ( on badlands its obviously shorter ), but I dont think it's that much of a difference.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 22:36 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Bartg wrote:
5gorge is awesome for 20+ players, I saw people complaining its unplayable for like 6vs6, cause its so large, but since no one cares about 6vs6 ( :mrgreen: ) I think its size is a big advantage for pub play, cause you cant defend a point with single or even 2 sentries or a mobile heavy-sentry ;) And tbh its not that big as some claims ( a'ka OMG I DONT PLAY IT IT TAKES 2 HOURS TO GET TO MIDDLE ), first of all you have a great invention called teleporter and secondly it took me about 22-23 seconds to get from spawn to the middle cp as a pyro. No idea how long it takes on for example granary ( on badlands its obviously shorter ), but I dont think it's that much of a difference.
go scout, shit is quicker ;)

us 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 22:59 
Has no REAL life! (1295)
You're fucked if you're a heavy though (me).

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 03:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
SomethingAmazing wrote:
You're fucked if you're a heavy though (me).
Could always get The gloves of running urgently, brings your speed up 30%, but as you might know, it drains on your health. If you have a medic, food, or know where you can grab a health pack, it might be worth it.

But yeah I quite like the new maps, they keep the rotation fresh too :-11

pl 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 13:08 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yea there are plenty of healthpacks on the way so you can use gru or just use a bloody teleporter and stop whining :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 13:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
A little digital exercise never hurt anyone... typical american :roll: :mrgreen: :ugly:
:demm: