Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:09

All times are UTC+01:00

de 
 Post subject: Re: New team balancer
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 14:51 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Thats 4 ( strikeout on 4 is not really visible, but its there! ) 5 pages full of wrong memories ago. :18

Also I dont see my lifetime kills and deaths on the page, so I didnt know you can access them.

pl 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 15:19 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Accumulated Points:
Dekar_Noob :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 16:23 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
TF2 is kinda the first real online shooter I play. :4

And I bought it during pyro update sales. Im not such a gosu veteran like you. :(

de 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010, 19:53 
Geek (856)
Is this plugin still active? Cause I dont see many balanced rounds lately.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010, 20:12 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
Is this plugin still active? Cause I dont see many balanced rounds lately.
No it was taken down a few weeks ago, currently there is no auto balance, you have to do it manually, except on the weekend all i had to do was move myself to the other team (same shit bam had to go thru a few weeks back :roll: )

You would know if it was on cause you would have uneven teams in terms of just numbers.

cl 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010, 20:36 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
I'd just suggest you guys take out the messages saying we have a new team balancer and asking people to post feedback on it here. Just saying...

de 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010, 20:56 
Geek (630)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
You would know if it was on cause you would have uneven teams in terms of just numbers.
Yeah and a short test time later the server would be even more unpopular then after the last test with "Even skills and uneven numbers" ;)

ua 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 20:27 
Illiterate (7)
Can at least some autoteambalance be brought back? I'm tired to see 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 scores on symmetrical cp5 maps. It's very unfun when game always goes one way, if it's not an attack/defend map.

gb 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 21:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[»Twilight«] wrote:
Can at least some autoteambalance be brought back? I'm tired to see 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 scores on symmetrical cp5 maps. It's very unfun when game always goes one way, if it's not an attack/defend map.
We had to turn off the auto balance, because on many cp5 maps it would do it every single round, which became more annoying than steam rolling, as admins we do note when sides are uneven and manually force an auto balance, but sometimes people moan about unbalanced teams, then we join their team just to see they have no medics, 3 crap spies and 4 huntsman snipers. We actually tested this theory on coldfront the other night, and we ignored the initial calls for a scramble, after the first round. After the next steam roll round the opposite team started to pick sensible classes and actually managed to cap the final point.

But, of course we do endeavour to keep the teams as balanced as possible, but someone is going to have to win, and a lot of the time, its down to team play and class selection. Auto-scramble for the moment is just to automatic, and happens far to often, which puts off people more. We shall continue to look into the issue though. :)

ua 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 01:52 
Illiterate (7)
I know that and I understand. But what you've discribed not always the case. Sometimes team might have practically every class present amongst players and still can't fight back opposite team, who constantly rushing with 3 heavies, 4 medics with ubers and so on. Just because one team might have not so experienced players.
To me it's better to be switched every round, then to see how opposite team steamrolls yours 4 times in a row for less then 3 minutes, and nothing changes, or changes to even worse for fifth time: nobody from winning team doesn't wish to switch for loosing, half of the loosing team ragequits in process giving even more numerous advantage to opposite team, newcomers that join loosing team are confused by such bad teamplay and rarely give significant help. And then, surprise, nothing changes in nextmap. Same teams, same scenario.
Not to say I'm enjoying when my team do the same. I'm usually try to switch team to weaker before 3-0 scores.

I know, that you, ProtectMyBalls, and some other admins are always watching for the game to be fun and trying to equal if not teams then chances for the win. And I really appreciate that. But as I've seen the day before yesterday, some others (I wont write their names) do practically nothing in this case, more concerned about what sprays are hanging on the walls while enjoying their steamroll play for winning team. Plus there not always admins present.
So some level of automation wont be excessive.
For beginning, bring back ability to vote for scramble in chat. Maybe this will do the trick.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 10:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[»Twilight«] wrote:
Yeah, there isn't much defence against 4 heavy uber combos :<

I'm assuming this was friday or saturday? I think i know whom you might be referring too. I shall make sure that all the spa players coming back from other games to TF2 recognise the need to keep games fair and balanced. I shall raise your concerns mate :)
[»Twilight«] wrote:
For beginning, bring back ability to vote for scramble in chat. Maybe this will do the trick.
I don't think we ever had this feature, well at least not during my time here. Voting system's are not deemed part of SpA's approach to game management. However, the few admins you did address in a positive light, will always scramble when we start seeing lots of messages pop up in the chat box.

Please do keep providing feedback, it is much appreciated.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 12:46 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I wouldn't like to see scrambles every round, the idea is you see the team through to the last round, and win the map.

I think when the winning team is asking for a scramble, that's when things are pretty out balanced. Balls is right though, whenever I'm on a losing team, it's all snipers, and spies. While the enemy are packing a load of heavies, medics, and demos. They still ask for a scramble though, there's just no pushing with light classes.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 12:57 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
which is why, i refuse to scramble, when the teams are like that, and going back to the coldfront example, i remember hitgirl asking for scramble after the first round, and when i checked their team's classes, they were a mess, but by the third round, they had sorted out their classes and team, and managed to push our team back and win the round.

So ill only use scramble when i see one team being packed names that i associate with a high skill level, and has all the regular medics.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 13:12 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah that sounds right to me. Though if there's no admins on, scramble votes wouldn't be such a bad idea.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 13:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
JuncoPartner wrote:
Though if there's no admins on, scramble votes wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Very true, but alas it is an issue that cannot be sorted as vote systems/plugins are not part of the way Special attack run their servers, unfortunately. But if im online and not playing (shock!) or another admin is around just ask them if they can come on and run the scramble. It's not an ideal solution, but we will try our best to help.

de 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 15:33 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Well, snipers and spies are the counter classes of heavy+medic, but usually the noobs pick them and fail while the experienced players refuse to be third and fourth of the class. :ugly:

ua 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 20:48 
Illiterate (7)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
[»Twilight«] wrote:
I don't think we ever had this feature, well at least not during my time here. Voting system's are not deemed part of SpA's approach to game management.
Well, currently you have it, but it is disabled.
game chat wrote:
[0xFB] [»Twilight«] : scramble
[SM] Voting has been disabled.
I might mistake, but I think I saw it enabled in the past. Or I've confused it with some other server, as I'm not so long playing on SpA, only since autumn.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 21:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Ah yes, it is disabled, but has never been enabled :)
Hope you continue to visit our servers mate.

ua 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 10:03 
Illiterate (7)
Of course I will, I like your servers. But I also like to see more often fair competition, long battles for the middle point and equal chances for the win.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 10:16 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[»Twilight«] wrote:
Of course I will, I like your servers. But I also like to see more often fair competition, long battles for the middle point and equal chances for the win.
I do try my best when I'm on mate :D

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 13:53 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
We all do :18