All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 13:10 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I can't help it. FOMO!

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 13:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
did you just call me a FOMO! HOW DARE YOU!

*kicks off!*

:7

:mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 14:07 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Nice show, no epic stuff though. Unoriginal story, unoriginal pov, but well done. It has some unexpected turns in it though.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 15:30 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
i saw the graphic novel of this in waterstones a few weeks ago, would it be worth picking up?

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 15:47 
SpA Fookah (4459)
I don't think so tbh, the story is hardly worth it on originality, but hey, you can always try it :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 17:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
i saw the graphic novel of this in waterstones a few weeks ago, would it be worth picking up?
yes it is, i got some for xmas, and contrary to what bucky says, it is original to some degree as it is the only zombie film/book to really focus on the characters and internal conflict, and refer to the zombie apocalypse as purely a hurdle to overcome. No zombie film/tv show or book has been so focused on character development.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 18:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Upon reading the graphic novel, and the apparent intro that ripped off 28 days later... it actually didn't.
Found this comment someone else made, cause i iz lazy yeh!

"The story starts, as many have pointed out, with a situation almost identical to the excellent British film 28 Days Later, with the protagonist waking from a coma in a hospital and then stumbling out to discover what's happened to the world. However, before everyone runs around yelling "rip-off" (oops, too late for that) it needs to be pointed out that this series was pitched to Image in 2002 and was ready to be launched in Spring 2003, but was bumped to a Fall release. Meanwhile, 28 Days Later hit wide release in the US in June 2003 , and Kirkman has said in many interviews that while he was shocked to see the same opening hook, he never considered going back to rescript the opening. In any event, it's not a big deal, but hopefully that dispels any notion of plagiarism."

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 12:50 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Well then I shall read for myself because I have recently just bought Volume 1 Days Gone Bye graphic novel :mrgreen:

Resident Evil 2 starts off in a hospital too (the end of Resident Evil 1)

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 13:43 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
No it doesn't? It starts with leon taking up a job in raccoon city as a police officer, to crash due to a petrol tanker being driven by a turning human!

Edit: Ok I knew you were talking about the movies, But they dont deserve to be called Resident evil :-14

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 14:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Well then I shall read for myself because I have recently just bought Volume 1 Days Gone Bye graphic novel :mrgreen:

Resident Evil 2 starts off in a hospital too (the end of Resident Evil 1)
Woot! i got volumes 1 and 2 for xmas too!!! :5: The artwork is fantastic, character anatomy is that cool blend of realism and cartoon edges! :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 15:44 
Geek (993)
You have a lot of catching up, its on issue 81 now. :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 15:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
SHOW OFF! :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 16:02 
SpA Fookah (4459)
[SpA]Greasy_greabo wrote:
No it doesn't? It starts with leon taking up a job in raccoon city as a police officer, to crash due to a petrol tanker being driven by a turning human!

Edit: Ok I knew you were talking about the movies, But they dont deserve to be called Resident evil :-14
The movies were awesome though Greasy. I am a big fan of the games and the movies, they both entertained me lots. Although games does seem to give you more entertainment in total, and some terrible headaches that I can remember off. Or that could've been the binge drinking me and my mate did while playing resident evil and almost getting heart attacks every 5 minutes :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 17:24 
Has no REAL life! (1620)

I know I'm in a minority with this but I'm not entirely certain Resident Evil deserved to be called a game. I could find nothing of redeeming value in it at all.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 17:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
the dogs scared the shit out of me... in the game that is.

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 17:33 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
pussy

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 18:22 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
The originals, all the way up to the gamecube remakes (not including the abomonations which are 4 and 5)* were amazing.

I loved the stories, the characters and the gameplay. Puzzle/survival horror with an emphasis on survival horror rather than cryptic creepy puzzle game is what made me prefer it to the Silent hill franchise. The games had depth with the fact that you could fill in the story by actually reading things like journals etc (something I enjoyed in say Doom 3 with the tapes of people), the gameplay was contained, in the original you had to learn to either stab zombies to death/get quick headshots or burn about 13 bullets into 1 zombie and by the time hunters were introduced after the gardens you realise you have a shotgun with 3 rounds and a clip of handgun ammo to finish the next half of the game.

Go places, turn levers/keys, activate electricity, go through door, kill more zombies, find bullets and try not to die with sprinklings of story of how and why it happened = Perfection.

So yeah, I would call them games :)

I detest the movies, mostly because they are just action trash which don't even attempt to explain a storyline, and when they do they do one which is so different to the actual resident evil game franchise its supposedly based off it might as well be called Dawn of the Dead 2, because it also has zombies. The game franchise had a good plotline, with obvious holes but damn, plug em up and why do you need to change it like a nut job.

*I guess to justfy these apparent successful games is that they were made from survival horror to just plain action/arcade shooter games - I completed both of them and enjoyed them for what they were, but dont attribute them to Resident evil and would rather they just changed the name to "generic action shooter 1+2"

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 18:46 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
pussy
No, it was a dog... jeez cardboard, learn to read ... har har... :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 19:08 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
The originals, all the way up to the gamecube remakes (not including the abomonations which are 4 and 5)* were amazing.

I loved the stories, the characters and the gameplay. Puzzle/survival horror with an emphasis on survival horror rather than cryptic creepy puzzle game is what made me prefer it to the Silent hill franchise. The games had depth with the fact that you could fill in the story by actually reading things like journals etc (something I enjoyed in say Doom 3 with the tapes of people), the gameplay was contained, in the original you had to learn to either stab zombies to death/get quick headshots or burn about 13 bullets into 1 zombie and by the time hunters were introduced after the gardens you realise you have a shotgun with 3 rounds and a clip of handgun ammo to finish the next half of the game.

Go places, turn levers/keys, activate electricity, go through door, kill more zombies, find bullets and try not to die with sprinklings of story of how and why it happened = Perfection.
Alone in the Dark as it was better known.

That aside laughable dialogue, stock (Japanese takes on western) characters and a clichéd plot just rendered anything outside of the gameplay pointless but then unresponsive controls and shitty camera angles rendered the gameplay pointless too.

I played the first two, maybe they got better? I guess its one of those things you had to be a certain age to appreciate or maybe like the alien franchise its somewhat dependant on what you saw first Alien or Aliens in this case Alone in the Dark or Resident Evil or even Ecstatica (which remains the best survival horror game ever released to my mind).

Plus in 96 I was probably too busy with Super Mario RPG, Daggerfell, Duke Nukem, Civ II and of course Quake. Also I moved to Cambodia in September of that year; I think maybe I missed the boat on Resident Evil.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 19:35 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Quote:
That aside laughable dialogue, stock (Japanese takes on western) characters and a clichéd plot just rendered anything outside of the gameplay pointless but then unresponsive controls and shitty camera angles rendered the gameplay pointless too.
"They escaped into the mansion... where they thought it was safe... yet"

Brilliant translation what are you on about!
It all endeared it to me tbh. I believed the camera angles actually are what helped make the originals what they were, the pace and the atmosphere :) Preferable to over the shoulder as it is now. Ill say the controls were different, not unresponsive - quick turn worked perfectly, walking worked to an amicable degree in comparison to a chunk of games at the time.

As for alone in the dark vs Resident evil, perhaps it was what you played first; as I owned Alone in the dark, but never really enjoyed it to the same degree.

- On a side note I also own Mario RPG, genius game :3

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 21:13 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Don't worry I wont drill this one, you have no idea how many times I had this argument with friends.
"They escaped into the mansion... where they thought it was safe... yet"

Brilliant translation what are you on about!
The translation was bad but that's because the original dialogue in "Biohazard" was awful too, trust me on this one.
walking worked to an amicable degree in comparison to a chunk of games at the time.
Comparing it to other equally awful games is hardly a way to sell it :roll: "hey eat this shit! its not as shitty as that shit"
- On a side note I also own Mario RPG, genius game :3
Fuck side note this is what we should be talking about if we aren't going to talk about the Walking Dead. Mario RPG WAS AMAZING.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 22:09 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
I never played JRPG's, but I did playthrough Mario RPG on the SNES.

Thought it was really rather splendid to boot. :)

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011, 00:17 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
OMG :4 :4 :4 :4 :4 :4 :4 :4 :4 :5:
The Walking Dead

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011, 00:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hmmm, its made by telltale... :S could be interesting,.. or cheap, i just watched the jp trailer... jeez...