Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:08

All times are UTC+02:00

be 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2010, 23:23 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
That's the error I get when I join the specialattack.net server. It was working fine until I suddenly got that error.
Now I can connect, but there seem to be no channels and no people inside. I also can't talk or hear people.
Please come up with an answer, as Google did me no good.

be 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 13:33 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Necroposting, having the same issue again. Only seems to be affecting me.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 09:32 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:
Necroposting, having the same issue again. Only seems to be affecting me.
Orange: You using Win 7 by any chance?

be 
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 11:14 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Issue solved. It was a router problem. It appears that some routers don't support the 'Quality of service' option ( Configure> Settings> Network ; have 'Advanced' ticked) so I just had to turn that off.
On my home computer (the only pc with that issue) I'm running Vista and I'm connected to a relatively cheap Cisco router (can't remember the model and can't check atm).
I never had the issue on my laptop at campus (Win7 connected through VPN).
It seems that it's a very rare issue as the only search results for the error were this thread and an unanswered thread on another forum.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 12:41 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:
Issue solved. It was a router problem. It appears that some routers don't support the 'Quality of service' option ( Configure> Settings> Network ; have 'Advanced' ticked) so I just had to turn that off.
On my home computer (the only pc with that issue) I'm running Vista and I'm connected to a relatively cheap Cisco router (can't remember the model and can't check atm).
I never had the issue on my laptop at campus (Win7 connected through VPN).
It seems that it's a very rare issue as the only search results for the error were this thread and an unanswered thread on another forum.
Oh right - cool. Good to know I guess. I asked about Win 7 as the only thing I can find that reliably causes that issue is when Win 7 (that uses IPV6) has a tantrum with Mumble (that uses IPV4) and refuses to play nice. Its not a constant issue is that thing so its hard to fix and flatly should not have caused any problems in the first place.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.