Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:24

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Personal Gates
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 20:59 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I think that we should be able to set up personal gates from one build to another by ourselves. Such as like a portal from my winter house to my summer house.

I was also told by someone that i should make a portal hub for personal portal rooms

Such as, a portal leading to a cluster of Frimple's portals and another portal leading toa cluster of BLAHBLAH's portals and so on.

But, i wouldn't make the portal hub if i couldn't set up portals without asking/annoying people

So basically, can we set up our own personal portals, maybe even builder+ to set up a portal

Or have to be taught how to do portals, then given permission
I just want my own portal rights

P.S. sorry for this horribly put info, but i was in a rush

fi 
 Post subject: Re: Personal Gates
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 21:05 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I don't quite agree on this. I suppose you do not know yet that gate travelling is free only for now? If you want to get from point A to point B free, walk. Portals teleport, teleport is cheating, cheating may be griefing and griefing is no fun :cry: We can make an exception and pay for the occasional cheat, right?

None of you understood a jack what I just said.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 00:53 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Samiak_ wrote:
I don't quite agree on this. I suppose you do not know yet that gate travelling is free only for now? If you want to get from point A to point B free, walk. Portals teleport, teleport is cheating, cheating may be griefing and griefing is no fun :cry: We can make an exception and pay for the occasional cheat, right?

None of you understood a jack what I just said.
no i understand it wont be free, but if we could set up our own portals, of course have like a rental fee for them, it would make things alot easier.

pt 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 00:54 
Geek (697)
What you said wasn't rocket science :ugly:

But I'd say, if you want a "personal portal" then maybe it could be on sale? And be considered a luxury item to boost the price lol

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 01:56 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Short answer - not a chance. The portals are controlled carefully for specific reasons. Having a portal to each of your mates builds would be a total farce - surely you can see that.

Either way, it ain't happening.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 11:57 
Doesn't get out much (376)
Charging if portals are clustered thematicaly is definitely something I hadn't considered.

Tollgates make changing Babels design more difficult overall, hmmmmmm

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 13:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I originally had the Turnstile mod in place that charged entry to certain places (thus the fence around Iron City's oprtal) but it broke. I t has however been updated...

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 15:14 
Doesn't get out much (382)
Eh, I am against charging for portal/gate use. lol I can see Howard's jaw dropping and hear him sputtering now... lol

I think Gates are a very cool idea, but since ptp is turned off, I think use of gates should be free, since we are making folks gate to a hub, then to their final destination, it isn't really *instant* transportation anymore, quicker? definitely, but not instant and for times when setting up a shop it could end up being pretty costly running back and forth between their home (or the nearest gate) to their shop. I know, I went back and forth at least 30 times trying to get things set up in only *1* shop the other day.

Smile Howard :) LOL

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 15:29 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
RoseAmazon wrote:
Eh, I am against charging for portal/gate use. lol I can see Howard's jaw dropping and hear him sputtering now... lol

I think Gates are a very cool idea, but since ptp is turned off, I think use of gates should be free, since we are making folks gate to a hub, then to their final destination, it isn't really *instant* transportation anymore, quicker? definitely, but not instant and for times when setting up a shop it could end up being pretty costly running back and forth between their home (or the nearest gate) to their shop. I know, I went back and forth at least 30 times trying to get things set up in only *1* shop the other day.

Smile Howard :) LOL
We'll see - if the economy stays in some approximation of balance, then the gates will stay free. Certain gates will definitely be chargeable however.

Money is useless in this world if it is not required to go about your day...

fi 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 16:17 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
RoseAmazon wrote:
--
We'll see - if the economy stays in some approximation of balance, then the gates will stay free. Certain gates will definitely be chargeable however.

Money is useless in this world if it is not required to go about your day...
Well, as long as everyone is able to collect resources to sell, markets will get cluttered and no-one will trade anymore. If we could somehow manage to set up "classes" - merchants, artisans, landlords, etc., that would be a dream come true, a real step towards a working economy. There is a but however; that would ruin the spirit or whatever of the game for the most of you, and I suppose only I would think it as an upgrade whereas others'd think it as a total disaster. Meh, gate travelling ought to be a chargeable service as if a custom charged for services, upkeep, etc. :P

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 16:32 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I think we have essentially already achieved that, Samiak. As PVP is not togglable and everyone can buy a residence that is protected from harm, you can essentially decide how you want to play the game. If you want to just mine/kill mobs/tend crops and sell your wares, you are free to do so. If however you want to do PVP more (especially as I am installing another PVP mod later) then that's fine too. If you want to be a landlord, then build a property and rent it out through Residence.

All the options are already there - giving them labels wont really help.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 17:35 
Crap at posting (43)
I can't remember who it was but someone was was suggesting making more waterways between cities, boats go pretty fast so I like that idea even though realize it'd be some tedious work I'd defiantly offer my help for that.

fi 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 17:52 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
-- All the options are already there - giving them labels wont really help.
I meant more like disabling "useless" skills for different professions, like miner could only mine and dig, artisan could only cut wood and craft, etc. :P

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 18:20 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Samiak_ wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
I meant more like disabling "useless" skills for different professions, like miner could only mine and dig, artisan could only cut wood and craft, etc. :P
Oh-h-h-h... I see. Actually, that is doable. each MCMMO skill can be enabled or disabled per-person so it could be down

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 20:00 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Samiak_ wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
My post, GTFO
lol jk

I like that idea, but what about the people like me that like to do everything? Would we still be able to do that stuff, just no skills?

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 22:18 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
bubbajim3 wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:

My post, GTFO
lol jk

I like that idea, but what about the people like me that like to do everything? Would we still be able to do that stuff, just no skills?
Meh, its an option to what Samiak suggested, but not one I will likely pursue. There is already enough to manage here...

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 13:53 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
bubbajim3 wrote:

My post, GTFO
lol jk

Meh, its an option to what Samiak suggested, but not one I will likely pursue. There is already enough to manage here...
Samiak_ wrote:
-- I suppose only I would think it as an upgrade whereas others'd think it as a total disaster. --

de 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 19:12 
Illiterate (14)
Samiak_ wrote:
Well, as long as everyone is able to collect resources to sell, markets will get cluttered and no-one will trade anymore.
I too see that problem. There definitely are some resources like cobble or planks which are over-abundand in the game. Everyone has them and everyone sees farming and selling them as an easy way to make money. Finding a spot to sell those resources for more than the iSell prices of the IronCity-market and buying other resources like diamonds and stuff for less than the iBuy prices WILL be nearly impossible. The huge difference between iSell and iBuy prices won't force ppl to trade those.

But there surely will also be resources like glass, sand, coal, iron, redstone, lapislazuli and dyes in general, wool, gravel, flint, feathers, arrows, and other resources which some players need and other players have. And the huge difference between iSell and iBuy prices will almost always make it attractive to trade those. (So the personal market chests selling/buying THOSE resources will indicate a working or failing of the markets.)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:

Oh-h-h-h... I see. Actually, that is doable. each MCMMO skill can be enabled or disabled per-person so it could be down
Disabling skills isn't a good idea. If you like to mine your mining skill will quickly go up ayway, if you like to work with wood your woodcutting skill will rise faster, and so on. Additionally what would you do to ppl like me who like to cut their own wood, mine their own diamonds, and fend off mob intruders from their land all by themselves? Block all skills? That would be quite unfair for them. Allow all skills? That would be unfair towards specialized players. Force them to choose? I don't really think i could. And the chance is high that desired skills will frequently change.

Imho a good idea would be to create the possibility for players to ask a mod/op/howard to transfer experience from skills they don't need to skills they frequently use. So for example a miner can transfer all his EXP gained by dropping from cliffs and cutting wood to his mining and repair skills. There obvously should be a certain fee involved (10% ?) to prevent switching all your exp to the skill you want to use next. One problem might be that skills like acrobatics are definitely easier and quicker trainable than skills like taming. So it might be neccesary to weight the exp of certain skills differently (or just create a conversion table with the 10% fee already included).
The commands to take and give exp are already included in MCMMO iirc.

(Sorry for helping to turn this thread into a discussion about economy, but if you are forced to spend money for certain things (i'm still trying to gather enough for my residence protection) you have to make sure that you can gather money easy enough to not scare players away.)