Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:26

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Glitching chests?
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 01:09 
Doesn't get out much (382)
Jmpanty called me to check on some chests for him, I checked the log, yesterday he says he had a lot of green and gold disks, today there are only a few in there and one whole chest disappeared.

The log only had him putting in or taking out stuff, and not taking out a lot of disks recently, unless I missed something.

he is wondering if there was a rollback?

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

pt 
 Post subject: Re: Glitching chests?
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 01:16 
Geek (697)
It seems to be missing some of the reccent changes I did around, 1st it was the multiplying pickaxes, today I notice the missing discs that I got in the last 24h at most and also 1 chest was gone, 1 I created yesterday either in the morning (11am) or afternoon (1pm) (GMT+0).

I'm not looking for the retrieval of my items since it was just music disks and food, but just report about a possible different/appart glitch from the blank signs and chests, since it didn't fully clearn a chest and actually "deleted" another chest.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 03:12 
Has learned to write! (209)
In Leo's market: the purple stall, almost opposite to the Teufort stall; was empty, so i placed 4 chests down, then when i went to open them they were locked with LWC. In the space of time that between placing them and trying to open them there was no-one around, Also the player the Locks are owned by was not online, so...Yeah.

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

pt 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 03:55 
Geek (697)
As far as I know, if the previous chests were protected and someone used some command to destroy/delete them, the protaction will still be there, so whatever you place there it will be protected.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 09:09 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Jam ezzz wrote:
In Leo's market: the purple stall, almost opposite to the Teufort stall; was empty, so i placed 4 chests down, then when i went to open them they were locked with LWC. In the space of time that between placing them and trying to open them there was no-one around, Also the player the Locks are owned by was not online, so...Yeah.
Yeah, as JMP says, LWC does not lock chests but the air chests occupy. If you delete a chest without removing the LWC first, the next item placed down will have the same protection that the chest did.

We really need to find a way to drum the need to unlock things into people as not many are aware of it. LWC is a great thing but it is very limited and not very bright at all.

As to the vanishing item bug: this is worrying. Obviously a new version of Bucket will bring issues with it as it is nothing more than a set of hacks and workarounds to fix Notch's god-awful code but so far I've not heard any other reports about this.

us 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 09:53 
Doesn't get out much (327)
Gamma_Metroid has reported he had moved a wall and the result was a duped chest complete with contents. I hadn't been able to ask him any questions concerning the event. Next I see him I'll attempt some meaningful dialog.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 09:59 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
Gamma_Metroid has reported he had moved a wall and the result was a duped chest complete with contents. I hadn't been able to ask him any questions concerning the event. Next I see him I'll attempt some meaningful dialog.
Wut? How the heck did he move a wall? :|

de 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 10:51 
Geek (856)
I didnt know that you need to unregister chests and doors before you move them. Because of that I have quite some registrations on me. Is there a way to wipe them all? Cause I dont remember the places where I put them. They are all inside my res.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 11:09 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
I didnt know that you need to unregister chests and doors before you move them. Because of that I have quite some registrations on me. Is there a way to wipe them all? Cause I dont remember the places where I put them. They are all inside my res.
No, there is no mass wipe, they ahve to be removed individually.

Best way is to type "/lwc mode persist" and then type /cremove. This makes the /cremove persist until cancelled so you can just run around punching everything and removing loads of protections without typing anything else again. Once you've done, type the /lwc mode persist again to cancel.

de 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 11:14 
Geek (856)
Thanks for the hint. But what if I dont remember the places where I put chests and signs a few weeks ago?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 11:25 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
Thanks for the hint. But what if I dont remember the places where I put chests and signs a few weeks ago?
You're screwed. There is no way to find them bar hitting them and seeing if random crap says its locked.

Welcome to SMP :D

pt 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 14:23 
Geek (697)
Also keep in mind, if you're the one that placed the protection, picking up the protected item yourself won't cause the issue (if I'm not mistaken lol). The cases I've seen were for example a build in which the owner was banned and his/her build removed before taking down the protections, they will stay there. Another example is Leo's market, when a shop is wiped, for the same reasons above and/or others, the protections will stay, so the next person that makes the shop will find his stuff protected by someone else (this one happened to me).

us 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 17:54 
Nerdish, tbh. (448)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
I wanted one of the walls on my house to be one block farther out, so I moved the wall. I also moved a chest that was against that wall to another place in the house. When I came back to my house later, half of it was back the way it was before, and the other half was just like I left it (it's sitting on a chunk boundary). So I had two of that chest, and each chest had the same things in it. I don't think in this case the duped items were much to be worried about, as they were just a few stacks of cobblestone and coal.

Also, when Destoned logged on a little later, he said that about the past hour of changes he had made were reverted, so I think this is happening only to certain chunks.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 18:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Gamma_Metroid wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

I wanted one of the walls on my house to be one block farther out, so I moved the wall. I also moved a chest that was against that wall to another place in the house. When I came back to my house later, half of it was back the way it was before, and the other half was just like I left it (it's sitting on a chunk boundary). So I had two of that chest, and each chest had the same things in it. I don't think in this case the duped items were much to be worried about, as they were just a few stacks of cobblestone and coal.

Also, when Destoned logged on a little later, he said that about the past hour of changes he had made were reverted, so I think this is happening only to certain chunks.
Interesting. I suspect this may be an aftershock of the fixes that were implemented in 1060. Chunk borders may act a little weird for a while. If it carries on we'll just have to roll back and ditch heldstone.

In the meantime, if people kep on getting richer through duping items, I can always raise the cost of rent and start destroying unprotected builds :twisted:

pt 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 19:48 
Geek (697)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
I can always raise the cost of rent
Nuuuu.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
start destroying unprotected builds
Yeeees.

But seriously, so far the only persistend problem seems to be...apples...yes, apples, seems every time someone dies an apple will also drop...Adam's apple?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 20:28 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
JMPanty wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
I can always raise the cost of rent
Nuuuu.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
start destroying unprotected builds
Yeeees.

But seriously, so far the only persistend problem seems to be...apples...yes, apples, seems every time someone dies an apple will also drop...Adam's apple?
I fixed that bug yesterday.

de 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 15:43 
Geek (856)
At least one of my chests is glitched. I emptied two rows of saddles, about an hour ago. Now I came back into my house, and the saddles have been filled up. The ones I have taken out are still in my inventory.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 15:58 
Doesn't get out much (327)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
At least one of my chests is glitched. I emptied two rows of saddles, about an hour ago. Now I came back into my house, and the saddles have been filled up. The ones I have taken out are still in my inventory.

Oh that's groovy...

de 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 17:21 
Geek (856)
Oooookay...now my chests have reset AGAIN. Now at least two chests dupe themselves.
Additionally the dogs of Kamin_Feuer are duping, too. Where was one are now two, at the exact same spot. Only distinguishable by different animation states.

Update:
Logged out, closed the game, logged back in, the chests are reset once again. Now I can confirm a third chest doing this. Therefore its a safe bet that all chests of mine do that.

Updates Update:
It seems that only emptied space in the chests gets filled up. I have put an armor into a chest and its still there. Either the chest didn't reset or it only applies to stuff I take out.

Summary:
Some guessing on this part cause I havent checked every chest in residence "Kuschelecke"

1. If I take items out and restart the game, all the items I have taken out are in my inventory and duped in the chest
2. If I put items into a chest, the items stay there as normally
3. If I rearrange items in a chest the items stay where i put them as normally

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 18:09 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I've swapped the back-end DB behind LWC and this appears to have stopped the issue for now...

Let me know if it starts up again