nl 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 06:28 
Community slut (13473)
Metamod 1.6.1
Quote:
Changelog:

- Fixed crash bug against mods compiled with GCC-4.2 -fvisibility=hidden
- API wrappers for GetUserMessageInfo() now have failsafe fallbacks
since the OrangeBox SDK fixed an older SDK's crash bug.
- Removed FCVAR_REPLICATED from MM:S ConVars.

TF2 update
Quote:
Added "Custom" tab to the server browser
- Servers can now specify metatags describing the custom rules they've adopted
- Players can use tag filtering to find servers running the custom rules they want to play
- Added options for servers who want to become custom games: Disable critical hits (tf_weapon_criticals), eliminate respawn times (mp_disable_respawn_times), and raise maxplayers above 24

Initial release of Tournament mode (mp_tournament)
- UI for handling team naming, ready mode, and win results
- Disables team player limits, autobalancing, and intermission

Class balancing
- Reduced Soldier's maximum rocket reserve ammo from 36 to 16
- Reduced Demoman's maximum sticky bomb reserve ammo from 30 to 16
- Reduced Demoman's maximum grenade launcher reserve ammo from 40 to 24

- Added protection against voice command spamming. Dramatic reduction in teleporters needed
- Fixed mp_timelimit ending the map during the middle of a round on maps like Dustbowl and GravelPit
- Fixed "lastdisguise" command not remembering if you were disguised as your own team
- Added "Toggle Disguise Team" binding in Options->Keyboard to toggle the disguise team for the Spy's PDA
- Changed PDA menus to accept keys bound to "slot1", "slot2", etc., and "slot10" cancels
- Fixed Spectator targetID not using team colors
- Changed team autobalance code to not balance the teams when the active round timer shows less than 60 seconds
- Fixed "-maxplayers" on the command line not correctly setting the maxplayers value for the server
- Fixed Badlands never having Sudden Death triggered
- Fixed Engineer being able to detonate buildings that are being sapped
- Changed Engineer buildings to detonate when a player disconnects instead of blinking out
- Fixed potential client crash for players being healed by a Medic or dispenser
- Made several improvements to server-side stat reporting (not related to individual player stats)

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 08:13 
Community slut (13473)
It appears that VALVe now officially allowes servers higher then 24 slots, but they will show up at the 'custom' tab ingame, rather then in the normal list.

We're currently looking if we can some how beat this, or if we'll have to fall back to 24 slots (all depends on the server traffic we're getting)

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 09:27 
Community slut (13473)
A couple of million times thanks to demm for writing a plugin which removes the server tags, thus making the servers show up in the normal tab!

gr 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 10:46 
Geek (611)
Quote:
Class balancing
:roll: I can't comment on it yet. I hope this update doesn't ruin on of my favorite classes: the demoman Image
Quote:
- Fixed "lastdisguise" command not remembering if you were disguised as your own team
- Added "Toggle Disguise Team" binding in Options->Keyboard to toggle the disguise team for the Spy's PDA
Fixed? It was perfect as it was... You got friendly disguise for not been spotted as a spy, then cloak hit last disguise button and you got the enemy disguise.
I don't see the point you want a friendly disguise 2 times in a row.
At last you can bind the "Toggle Disguise Team" to another key. Your hand had to travel a mile away to hit "-" :P

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 13:52 
Crap at posting (52)
Quote:
Class balancing
I can foreshadow an unintentional side effect to this, more soldiers and demomen would need ammo boxes which could leave the heavy stranded in terms of ammo.

*plays as a heavy, walks over to an ammo box to refill sasha, soldier/demo swoops in and grabs ammo box*

Heavy: :2

gr 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 15:08 
Geek (611)
I played a little with soldier. Every 5 rockets you start searching for ammo. Soldier is supposed to be an attacking class. How is he supposed to attack with so few rockets? :evil:
I suppose that the number of stickies is fine, but the grenades are few. I used tp run out of grenades so now it'll be harder...

I understand valve did this to reduce the rocket/grenade spamming, but I think the reduction is too much.

Moreover there will be more campers at maps. Especially at 2fort as there is only 1 ammo box per side and it's far away from the base. Attacking will be much harder now...

I think I will stick playing medic even more now :roll:

at 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 15:43 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
keep in mind guys, that they increased the ammount of ammo you get by picking up weapons in the last patch.

so a soldier should not have any problems with his ammo, because if he doesn't manage to kill one enemy with 16 rockets, he's fucked anyways.

no 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 15:46 
Hammy's successor (1458)
think on it like cs :)
no ammo or health

se 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 16:25 
Doesn't get out much (379)
I kind of like it actually, it forces you to make every rocket/nade count and adds another aspect to the usual simple point-and-shoot gameplay of the soldier.

gr 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 16:29 
Geek (611)
[SpA]demm wrote:
keep in mind guys, that they increased the ammount of ammo you get by picking up weapons in the last patch.

so a soldier should not have any problems with his ammo, because if he doesn't manage to kill one enemy with 16 rockets, he's fucked anyways.
Haven't they changed the ammo taken by dropped weapons to half of the full capacity on a previous patch? They changed it again? I didn't pay attention to this...

Maybe soldiers and demomen don't have big problems with the changes. But how about engineers/pyros/heavies? Everyone will fight over a small ammo box :roll:
More people will start turtling, standing by a dispenser and spamming their weapons while the attackers will have a hard time. You can't go and pick fallen weapons where there is constant fire. I guess you will have to wait for a teammate to die so you'll take his ammo :mrgreen:

at 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 17:57 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
Noxious7 wrote:
Haven't they changed the ammo taken by dropped weapons to half of the full capacity on a previous patch?
i meant that change. i say 'increased' because for the fighting classes it is a de-facto increase. even when you just kill a puny little scout, you still get half your ammo back.
i must say this change made life as heavy and pyro much easier.

gr 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 18:48 
Geek (611)
I don't get your point...
Before this update when you picked up fallen weapons you got full ammo. Now you get half.
You tell me this update made the life of pyro/heavy easier :?:

at 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 18:55 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
previously you got the ammo that was left in the weapon when you killed the enemy.
so if you killed a scout as heavy, you'd get around 30 ammo, now you get 100.

gr 
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2008, 19:49 
Geek (611)
Maybe you're right. I don't remember that for sure, as it was very hard to run out of ammo...