Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:55

All times are UTC+02:00

ca 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 05:16 
Doesn't get out much (377)
We just got a HD PVR from Shaw
Model dc758d.

I usually have no problems setting things up. But this box seems to be fucking with us, it is testing my patience. Its driving us all insane over here.
We've tried every combination of connections that the manual has, EVERYTHING.
We tried calling the help line, only to be told the waiting period is over 4 hours. Great service Shaw. FFS.

If anyone has that model, or a similar model, or just has an idea of wtf to do, then please comment, we need to figure this out.

The HD PVR is SUPPOSE to take the cable input (via coax cable), And output the information through a HDMI and perhaps another (coax cord).
First we had it going through a vcr, but now we chucked the fucking thing and and the hd pvr box is connected directly to the HDTV.

Yes, im slightly losing my mind at the moment. My grandpa watches the news daily, and hes acting like a mad man because he may not be able to watch the news which starts in 1 hour 45min.

Help would be Greatly appreciated.

cl 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 06:18 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Ummm... You know, he can watch the news online; and then you can wait the 4 hours... ^_^

ca 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 07:03 
Geek (776)
pro tip, switch to bell or telus.

ca 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 07:37 
Doesn't get out much (377)
PetePorty wrote:
Ummm... You know, he can watch the news online; and then you can wait the 4 hours... ^_^
Hes not going to watch it on this tiny laptop screen, and this laptop's hdmi port is screwed.
canadacanucks01 wrote:
pro tip, switch to bell or telus.
Yes we probably will, but this is a post about me asking for ways to get to the HD PVR working.
Not asking for what company i should switch to.

EDIT: Its fixed.
I activated it online how they told us to activate it. First time came up as error. So i tried again and it worked. Turns out that trying it again after an error has been given fucks it up, so they had to activate it on they're end when we finally got a hold of someone.