Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:13

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 14:13 
Illiterate (7)
I have seen both the Dragonball series ( GT included :( ) and Ranma 1/2 what are both great animes

can any of you guys suggest any other animes? like good ones what dont get weird right away ( like Kampfer...... ugh)

be 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 16:35 
Geek (885)
Given that I would say you like simple, straight forward stuff. So things like the Big 3 (Naruto/Bleach/One Piece) would be the first suggestions many would come with. Each of them has their strengths (all-around okay, best animation, best comedy) and weaknesses (gigantic filler arcs, shit writing, weird artstyle/terrible beginning) and all are so disgustingly long that they would keep you busy for the rest of the year if not longer.

As for some other suggestions which are atleast worth checking out if you don't want to spend the time/bandwidth on 200/300+ ep long series:

Baccano - Comedy/Action (Set around the prohibition era. Won't say anything else since SPOILERS)
Cowboy Bebop - Action/SciFi/Drama (One of the classics)
Trigun - Action/Comedy
Read or Die the OVA - Action/Comedy (Think of a rather silly James Bond, but not Austin Powers silly, where they use paper as a weapon, reading is, as the name implies, serious business)

Seto no Hayanome - Romantic Comedy (Looks like a generic harem comedy at first glance but is anything but)

Now and Then, Here and There - Drama (Not a funny series at all. Depressing as hell)
Gunslinger Girls - Drama (Only watch season 1)
Serial Experiments Lain - SciFi/Drama (Very, very difficult to follow what is going on but worth it)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Action/Mecha (Leans VERY, VERY heavy on Rule Of Cool)
FLCL - Action/Comedy/SciFi (Just 6 episodes, watch it for the music even if you don't like the premise.)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - Fantasy/Comedy (Weird series but funny)

And if you are willing to read instead of watch:
The Lucifer and Biscuithammer - Action/Comedy (Goes out of it's way too make fun of all the typical shounen cliches and still has a very good stand-alone story. Read this.)

at 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 16:43 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Don't know what kind of anime you're into but two of my favorites are Higurashi No Nako Koro Ni and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Higurashi is THA BESTEST ANIMU EVAR MADE (for real now, it's so awesome I almost cried when it ended because I knew I would never be able to watch it again with the same thrilling feeling).
Madoka starts out a bit lame, but at the latest from episode 3 you're going to get mindraped at every following one.
Mind you, both require thinking and aren't really straight-forward.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 16:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
samurai champloo - really good story and characters, i'm not a big anime buff but i really really enjoyed watching it

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
Heroic age: Action/sci-fi. Awesome anime with a great story.
Code Geass: My favorite :) action/sci-fi brain fuck plot
Death Note: Brain fuck plot. Must see, but only the first season.
Ichiban Ushiru No daimyo: action/comedy/fantasy. fucking funny :D
Nurarihyon: Action/comedy. You have to like the genre.
FLCL: Action/comedy. Funny as fuck :D
Hellsing Ova: Action with gore.
Needles: Action/comedy. Heavey on the comedy.
Beserk: Action with a lot of gore :D
Blade of the Immortal: Action.
Casshern: Action with a large story. Very difficult to understand untill the last few episodes.
Claymore: Action
Most gundam series.
Inuyasha: Action/comedy/fantasy
Kurozuka: Action/fantasy. Gory, very gory and has a great storyline.
Last exile: Action/fantasy. Feel good ending.
Maria holic: Comedy. FUCKING FUNNY.
Ninja scroll: Action. Lost of people dying :D
Rurouni Kenshin: Action played in medievil japan.
Rune Soldier: Action/comedy
Sengoku basara: Action/comedy set in the warring states era of japan.
Shaman king: Action/comedy
Soul eater: action/comedy/fantasy
The tower of druaga: Action/fantasy
Trigun: Action/comedy/sci-fi. good story.
Tytania: Action/comedy/sci-fi
Hunter X hunter: Action/comedy
Tekkaman Blade: Action/comedy/sci-fi. Has the most fucked up ending I have ever seen in an anime :D
XXXHolic: Comedy/fantasy. Awesome!
Highschool of the dead: -.- need a discription? Zombie survival and actually very nicely done. Equivalent to The walking dead, but in anime style.

Prolly haven't written down most of the anime's ive seen. But this is what I have seen and actually liked so far I know.

cz 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 22:55 
Doesn't get out much (338)
My friend really likes anime and she always gets me to watch some of them, but I usually lose interest after two episodes...

The ones I watched more:

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - the funniest one I know. High school romance - and one guy with military grade weapons and explosives :mrgreen:
Sengoku Basara - As crackhead said, it's loosely based on historical events of the 16th century Japan. The thing is, while we were talking about this period in Japanese history at uni, I always had the image of the various military leaders killing hundreds of peasants with one blow and wielding 6 swords at once and so on :lol:

Death Note - but the manga is better, and even that gets a bit dull in the latter parts
Lucky Star - bunch of high school girls doing normal stuff. But I found it funny. Maybe because of my general interest in Japanese high school girls :twisted:

cl 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 23:28 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
O.o Ever single one I was gonna say has already been suggested... :(

In any case... I love you guys. :P

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 16:44 
Illiterate (7)
Thanks for the suggestions you guys (dont think i will be able to see all of them tho :shock: )

fi 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 21:37 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
One more to add! Elfen Lied! Awesome!

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 23:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
drat I was just about to post that nabnab!

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 13:17 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genes ... on_(anime)

I like it. :5: