Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:29

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 19:40 
Likes to type... (250)
THE OPEN BETA STARTS SEPTEMBER 29TH ON XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3, AND PC. THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/1/beta

Great news as I didnt pre order via Origin, but I will still be able to take part in the open Beta. :4

se 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 14:53 
Likes to type... (284)
The open beta is up and running now.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/sv ... ames-sv_SE

The site is getting hammered in the anus at the moment so keep refreshing continuously until it works. Remember that you need Origin installed in order to download the beta.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 16:29 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
the link probably wont work(didnt for me any how) but if you have origin open you can access it through origin

just thought i would pass this on to any one else who is strugling with getting it downloaded

de 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 16:53 
Geek (856)
Well I refuse to dl it on the PC. I allreaedy swallowed the Origin shit but now they require me to make a fb account, like the game there, give them my identity card (only the "old" ones work, those who were released A YEAR ago dont)...Fuck off EA. Fuck off.

Logged into XBL, clicked download, got it a few minutes later. Played it for 5mins and then deleted it. Not my cup of tea.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 17:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
this browser shit is shitting shit, what a dumb idea.

sk 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 18:18 
Doesn't get out much (338)
I'm downloading it now, but have to agree that Origin is a shitty shit slow as .. poo. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 19:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
origin is pants, but i actually managed to get an hours worth of play with no crashes, my current gpu is far to old for this, looks crap compared to the trailers, so ordering new parts tomorrow :D

sk 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 19:27 
I'll be playing this on my gaming laptop, which has some problems with overheating lately...

I hope it doesn't melt completely :D I will have to turn all the settings to low :|

se 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 19:48 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
Password for the way servers running caspian border (with vehicles) is videokilledtheradiostar

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 20:08 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hehe most of the time the floor doesn't render ^^

nl 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 10:41 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Played some of that metro map, which I don't really like to much. It has a lot of problems with soldiers clipping through the ground. Then went on a PW hunt for caspian border, played that for a while now and it feels much better.

So a couple of things I took note off:

Jets are relatively speaking moving MUCH MUCH slower than BF2 actually allowing AA to lock on to them and fire, instead of BF2 where they'd be out of reach or you'd be dead already before you could get a decent shot off

The game thinks its funny to make you run around without a scope first and then give it to you as an unlock. Like errr, so first you have to do it the hard way and now we make it easy.

The 870mcs shotgun is pretty crappy, only pointblank you can win against any other gun.

RPG-7 drop off rate is insane, its like you throwing that RPG with your throwers arm at a tank. Bit disappointed, but I can understand it for balance and gameplay reasons. AT soldiers are going to have to get in close or aim miles above their targets for them to take it out.

I still haven't figured out how to ask for ammo/medpacks. Tried using Q while looking at a support/assault but was greeted by silence. Actually when spotting your character will say nothing most of the time, i'd really like to get some more feedback than a little red marker above the spotted enemy. Shouldn't be to hard for your soldier to shout enemy infantry over there, so nearby soldiers get alerted and can scan for the targets as well.

It looks quite nice and with the newest drivers i'm getting a solid 50-70 FPS, much better than the 20-30 I started off with ^^.

Joining Caspian borders is SHIT though, as you have to hunt for the PW first and then find a server that has room. Then you play it for about a round before the server seems to randomly DC you, and you get to do it all over again.

se 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 11:05 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
Crovax, why did you go pw hunting? I already posted the pw for the Caspian Border servers in this thread.

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

sk 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 11:17 
I tried the password spike but it wasn't working already, I read they change them everyday

EDIT: Today it should be "shoppingcartsareagoodride" - it works, but all the servers were full when i tried it

de 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 11:57 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
They seem to post the newest passwords around here: http://www.bf3media.com/2011/09/29/casp ... passwords/

Caspian border is quite a lot of fun, vehicles are badass.
Didn't try a jet though, as there's always a queue of people standing there. :ugly:
But helicopters are so much fun, love them.
I haven't been clipping through the ground like on Operation Metro, but the ground textures are really fucked up somehow. Sometimes they don't load properly or just randomly switch pattern, etc.
Even on low settings the graphics are pretty awesome, hope my laptop won't die anytime soon due to playing this. :twisted:

Fun game, enjoying it a lot!

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 12:02 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
don't get why i have two lists of friends now though :S

de 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 15:40 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
Wtf, when I m trying to start the game, it says I need the latest drivers for my gfx. Latest drivers according to nvidia is 280.x. Apparently I need 285.x to play.
Where do I get not yet released gfx drivers? -.-

se 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 16:00 
Crap at posting (28)
[SpA]SonnyBlack wrote:
Wtf, when I m trying to start the game, it says I need the latest drivers for my gfx. Latest drivers according to nvidia is 280.x. Apparently I need 285.x to play.
not yet released stuff would prob have to involve breaking in to nvidia hq:s...

use the released stuff instead ;)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvi ... river.html

no 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 17:33 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
playmoe wrote:
[SpA]SonnyBlack wrote:
not yet released stuff would prob have to involve breaking in to nvidia hq:s...
They have been released, they are links on top of Battlelog's site.

NVIDIA 32-bit: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/38107

NVIDIA 64-bit: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/38108

AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDCata ... river.aspx

I updated my AMD, and after i did so, it works alot better than it used to. Had to play medium quality before due to things and stuff, but after the update i play High quality just fine.

Awsome game, i like it.