Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:14

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 07:58 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
this is a couple twitter msg that notch said

Wow. Hate, insults and threats are flooding in from Yogscast fans. I'll stop biting my tongue now.
Yogscast repeatedly insulted people, talked behind their backs, refused to cooperate, and acted like total spoiled divas nonstop.
They called us "a bunch of nerds who don't know how to run a company", demanded that we pay them to come here (nobody else got paid).
And they claim they're the reason minecraft is big and that we should thank them more than anyone else in the community. They're total dicks
A kid wanted them to sign something I had signed, and they said they'd cross it out and put "fuck you" there instead.

dont know if they are heroes are asses

u cant truly love until u given up on it

pt 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 08:28 
Geek (697)
It's like watching a movie and think "wow that actor is really good" and in real life he can be a total jerk that everyone hates. In short, while it is disappointing it really doesn't matter much as long their videos are entertaining? Ah the dilemmas of life lol

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 08:39 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
It'd be interesting to see the other side of the story too.

be 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 09:03 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Haha, wow, pretty one sided views here. Almost like I'm reading a tabloid.

Let me tell you the other side of it.

So Notch invited the Yogscast crew (not just Simon and Lewis, they're just the ones who get all the screen time) to be guest-speakers at Minecon.
They were asked to be part of a panel in which they would show their videos, do some random funny banter, give some behind the scenes info on Shadow of Israphel etc.
According to Notch he asked them not to swear because there might be young kids in the audience. They swore anyway and Notch accused them of being unprofessional and 'dropping an F-bomb in front of kids'.
Now Yogscast says they didn't get any instructions. Hell, they're well known for saying fuck and swearing in all of their vids.
Also, if young people are attending this panel they must've already seen at least some of their videos, so they've already been exposed to their language.

Notch, in this case, even if he's in the right about the yogscast crew behaviour, is being an unprofessional hypocrite.
Firstly, if he had any problems with them he should have just settled the matters privately and let the Yogcrew make the announcement themselves.
They way he just blurted out several tweets, not giving any information just seems like he's a highschool girl who's having a hissy fit.
Secondly, in an interview with Simon and Lewis before the panel, he made 'jokes' about masturbation and banging Simon's mum. Not the best way to set the tone.
Not to mention his tweet that consisted only of the word 'fuck' that he wrote a while back.

He showed this level of unprofessionalism before when he released legal documents about the Zenimax lawsuit over 'Scrolls' publicly on the web and dismissed the lawsuit as something petty when he asked if they could maybe settle the score with a gaming competition.

I'm waiting for the other side of the story before I jump to conclusions.

Afterthought: Don't give your convention in Las Vegas if you're expecting a large young audience to attend.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 09:23 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
Quote from someone yogcast retweeted on Twitter

be 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 09:35 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Lots of info about it in here too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... ast_fbomb/

us 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 10:18 
i just think its funny that notch asked yogcast to come to minecon(i hope notched listen to some of thier videos which have f words and other stuff in it) knowing that thier would be kids and parents there honestly who gets that upset about the f word? i can understand them having egos but who has the biggest ego ? give you a big hint notch

i am not defending either or taking a side its just funny that notch would ask yogcast to come to minecon knowing that they swear now if notch said please do not swear to them before they came or got there or before the show or where ever it happened is a different
story

now for crossing out notches name on a photo or something thats just being a dick but honeslty who wouldnt want to cross out notches name on minecraft and forget he made it?

be 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 10:29 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
You know how the Yogscast guys are like. They didn't actually scrap Notch's autograph and probably just jokingly said something in the likes of: 'You don't really want that thing on there, mine's a lot nicer!'

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 13:39 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
As much as I hate to say it, I am more likely to believe Notch here. Firstly, will the fat bastard is an unrepentant, lying douche-nozzle, he would be putting himself up for an easily won liable suit if what he said on his blog was not true. Any lawyer worth their suit could just clean up there.
Secondly, while everyone adores the yogcast guys (for reasons that have so far eluded me) they are undeniably immature, arrogant, loud mouthed little pricks, so I am not surprise in the least to hear such accusations being levelled at them.

Notch may be a huge tool but he is part of a publicly limited company and his words can be very much taken as a statement by said company. For him to just make a totally basely lie as is being suggested...well it is complete fact or Mojang is about to get sued for a huge wad of cash.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 21:06 
hmm think your right howard but dont sure about the laws where he is about but all this did happen in usa so i wonder if any lawsuit would have to be filed in usa anyway i dont think yogcast would so dont think they have the money to get a good legal team but notch dose so you never know then again miracles have happened before,at this time who wouldnt want to sue notch?

us 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 01:51 
Likes to type... (229)
Their response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddMANh3 ... ture=feedu

au 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:24 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
They both, where either very tired, stressed or even possibly drunk... Anyway, it seems they both thought it was a big "misunderstanding". Which is quite possible in times like these.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 13:07 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Probably was a misunderstanding, they were kinder rude to Notch though during their interview and english not being his first language, he probably found it difficult to keep up with their humour.

au 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 19:38 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Probably was a misunderstanding, they were kinder rude to Notch though during their interview and english not being his first language, he probably found it difficult to keep up with their humour.
Indeed, at times it felt like Notch was "just laughing because you are, honestly I don't get the joke", which was kinda sad and sorta made him feel leftout I suppose. Also, Notch seems to know quite a few interesting English words, such as masterbate, sex and a few other things aswell...

us 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 21:50 
Has learned to write! (176)
It's all good. For anyone who hasn't read it yet:

"It's likely the entire Yogscast scenario is just stress related misunderstanding. I apologize for bringing it online before talking to them." - Notch, Twitter.

"Hey, @yogscast! I'm sorry about being a dick." - Notch, Twitter

Also, here is the yogscast's reddit response: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... itterings/