Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:55

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Re: TES V: Skyrim
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 00:15 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Did you spec into smithing and enchanting or not? I find myself a bit strapped for perk points..

Oh and again does anyone play this game with Keyboard and mouse? How do you bear the horrible interface?! I'm using the 360 controller just so I can browse the interface normally.

be 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 00:21 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I'm using mouse and keyboard. The interface is a pain but using 'wasd' instead of clicking helps a bit.
I'll probably download a mod for a smoother interface if there is one.

de 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 10:07 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I skilled:
-middle path of enchanting for better armor ( no 2x enchants yet )
-the left side of smithing for light (dragon) armor
-one handed dual wield / power attack / sword stuff
-everything in light armor but only 64 skill
-muffled movement, 6x melee and 3x bow sneak attack in sneak. Not very good points for the endgame I would say. Without overpowered equipment I would probably try out the "crouch makes enemies lose sight of you" thing, but I managed to get by without it for so long...
-Pickpocket for +100 inventory space, I'm such a hoarder, had like 600 inventory space used with hundreds of ingredients and dozens of potions most of the time near the end + husband carrying additional loot. Also unread books. :ugly:

So I focused pretty much on a few lines.

I use the mouse most of the time for menus and it looks like there is a little bug that makes you select the wrong dialog options. Another bug is ?clicking too far left? in inventory menus closes it instead of selecting the category. I can enchant items pretty fast as long as the list positions don't reset for whatever reason.
Hotkeying stuff is a joke as it doesn't work with dual wielding.

be 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 13:07 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Yeah, the hotkeys need fixing (unless I'm missing something) because whatever you hotkeyed always shows up in your left hand.
So if I want to switch from sword and board to spell and shield I always end up with a spell in my left hand and a sword in my right.
If I want that spell in my right hand I need to press the spell hotkey twice so I'm dual wielding spells, then select my shield hotkey to equip my shield in my left hand again.
So what should normally be one keypress (e.g. '1') now turns into three (e.g. '1,1,2'). It just slows down the flow of combat and sort of defeats the purpose of having hotkeys in the firstplace.

pt 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 20:06 
Geek (697)
To me it's the same problem but on the reverse, it happens with the right hand..so annoying.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 00:29 
Has no REAL life! (2359)

Untill some genius modder makes a better interface for keyboard and mouse

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 01:08 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
I dont have a lot of problems with the interface. It's not good, but it's doable so stop whining like a little girl crovax :)

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And over... so plz stop about the interface now?

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 11:40 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Whats your problem? I was just wondering how others were coping with it.

Troll much?

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 15:28 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I'm looking for a UI mod, there is only one I can find and I don't like it. As for the game, it's pretty good. Started with an orc warrior and most things are pretty easy, smithing and enchanting seem like the things to go for though (which bores me, since levelling them is so simple and generates ridiculous amounts of money rather than costs money). Switched to dual swords after finding that I never used my shield at all, the dual sword power attacks are pretty cool.

What I dislike is how low level dragons get killed by giants so easily, and giants are so common. The giants hardly take any damage at all, which makes the dragons feel like any other type of wildlife and are hardly a threat except for the one you meet first. I would much rather avoid a fight with a giant compared to two or three low level dragons at once.

I'm going to start a mage after this, not sure I like the spell system compared to Oblivion or earlier games though. Probably end up modding everything like I did with Oblivion, pretty good business model by Bethesda actually, make the community mod the game from good to excellent for you.

I haven't done much of the storyline yet so I can't comment on that, just been going around doing bounties and random quests. Found it hard to pick sides in the war since everyone is a dick (which annoys me).

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 19:55 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
YouTube video

pt 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 06:49 
Geek (697)
Btw, is there a way to always see our allies hp? It only shows up randomly/rarely :\

fi 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 12:40 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Crovax20 wrote:
"people don't want to be sword" :(

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

ro 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 16:00 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I'm actually OK with the interface. You should have seen it before the day 1 patch when you couldn't even click anything right. The atmosphere makes up for it and there will surely be a mod for this soon enough.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 01:53 
Has no REAL life! (1439)

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:26 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (21)
When he shouts at his parents as a teenager, they can just be like "lol dragon language!"

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 23:19 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
It's not like the kids at school will know where it comes from when he gets there, definitely not the 'cool' ones who would do the bullying anyway.

What would his nickname be though?

de 
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 14:23 
Has no REAL life! (1669)

Oh this is so good. xD

de 
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 17:48 
Geek (630)
Lydia that bitch :)

dressed her up in complete legendary Dwarf armour and after returning home she was dressed in her normal closes again. happened two times already and the nice armour was always gone.

Nneeded to use an older savegame, both times :(. Buuuuuggggg

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 20:01 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Why would it be a bug? On the way home she may have gotten thirsty or hungry and sold the gear to get a pint or two. Besides, women are suckers for jewels. I find it fits perfectly from an RP perspective. :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 20:30 
Geek (630)
Dunken wrote:
dressed her up in complete POONTANG Dwarf armour and after returning home she was dressed in her normal closes again. happened two times already and the nice armour was always gone.
First: Who edited my posting and replaced "l*egendary" to "POONTANG"? Or why does it get autoedited? :)

Second: Found a few bugs more already, including a not starting quest :)
Hope that will get fixed with the next update.!

pt 
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 00:57 
Geek (697)
1st: it's autoedited :P

2nd: is it the Esbern quest? If so, it's a common bug but I can help you fix it (if it's for the pc)

3rd: there are more bugs, for example, for some people if you try to go to Sky Haven Temple from the south the game will start gradually dropping fps until it's unplayable, but if you go from the north it's perfect..

As for my Lydia, she's so glitchy it's annoying, but at least she hasn't "sold" her Blades set, lookin like a samurai ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 19:47 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I have the Esbern one, can't be bothered to fix it, just going to do everything else before it and hope for an official patch... which may never come :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 20:00 
Geek (630)
For me its the quest where u need the Zeremonial Axe and Sword to open the door. I have both and also the book but still get the message that i would miss an item. :(

But will use the time to make other quest and try to get more magic skill to craft magic weapons. :)

With smithing on 100 i am now trying to raise my magic skill to make powerweapons.
But not too high, as it is possible to make weapons that even kill a dragon with one arrow :) That should be kinda boring then. ;)
Here is a example for crafting the uberweapons. German language so...use google translate and guess ;)
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showpo ... stcount=20

pt 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 08:04 
Geek (697)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I have the Esbern one, can't be bothered to fix it, just going to do everything else before it and hope for an official patch... which may never come :ugly:
The problem with Esbern is that the sounds files are either broken or missing, in my case he didn't even have his folder, you can don't load it here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Esbern_%28Skyrim%29 and it'll work like a charm (takes less than a min to fix, no need to wait for silly updates).

@Dunken, I haven't seen that glitch so I'm in the dark there, searching the webs might help you :|

au 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 08:48 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
For you mages in the College:

What are you items that you like to use when you're purely casting? That is to say, when you get your double Fireball or Firebolt and eventually run out of magicka?

Personally, I stack magicka regen items (Archmage's Robes [get them by finishing College questline], Morokei [the 100% magicka regen iron mask thing from the Lich in Labyrinthian who you kill for the Staff of Magnus], an enchanted magicka regen ring I named "Chicken Soda", it's brown and beautiful, Savos Aren's Amulet) and use "2 Magicka, 1 health" when leveling up. My perks are in Destruction, Restoration, One-Handed, Conjuration and Enchanting. I'm level 32 now and currently don't see an item set that helps me. I use Shrouded Boots and Gloves from the Dark Brotherhood questline (muffled footsteps, gotta love it) but I still find myself in a crunch when I hit low magicka. Frost trolls hit hard, and killing Morokei himself was a major challenge @ Expert, so much that I had to resort to the Wabbajack to be able to win without getting 4-hit after losing all of my NPC followers, Spectral Assassin (Lucien Lachance ghost thing)

So what are you strategies when your magicka gets low? How do you deal with magicka loss in large fights? Sure you get large burst, but the mana hit in Adept-Expert-Master destruction, restoration (for when you get bitchsmacked) spells is immense to the point where it's just not practical anymore. Dragons hit too hard, and even when I go and use the ethereal shout.

What do you guys do in a magicka-crunch? Where swinging a sword will only serve to get you crunched from something you would normally rely on dual-cast staggers for? What items do you get to prevent a situation like that?

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 17:11 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
JMPanty wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
The problem with Esbern is that the sounds files are either broken or missing, in my case he didn't even have his folder, you can don't load it here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Esbern_%28Skyrim%29 and it'll work like a charm (takes less than a min to fix, no need to wait for silly updates).

@Dunken, I haven't seen that glitch so I'm in the dark there, searching the webs might help you :|
Thanks, the pre-unpacked one is acceptably under my laziness barrier

Although I got some hard ass captchas

au 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 11:30 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
JMPanty wrote:

Thanks, the pre-unpacked one is acceptably under my laziness barrier

Although I got some hard ass captchas
Blargh, hate those captchas where the 8's look like S's and the Q's look like O's and the R's look like D's.

pt 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 14:42 
Geek (697)
It's funny, it had no captchas for me when I had to download it ;P

Btw, has anyone tried to do a quest for the prisoner in Falkreath? The one to kill an animal? When I 1st found said animal it started to run away and it run and run and run...fast and faster and faster..
The quest tracker says it ran up a mountain in the south..but it's unreachable (it literally says you can go past a certain point) and there's no tunnels/caves or just about anything where it could have gone into..
Seems the freakin animal is glitched and I'll be forced to use noclip to see if it's stuck into the mountain... -.-'

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 15:33 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Yeah, I think that's a known bug. Don't know how to fix it, it just ran into a wall for me so it was an easy kill :P