Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:54

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 13:38 
Doesn't get out much (376)
I've got to run right now so this is much more placeholder than text but I'm going to put the bones of the post here so that people can get started with the disussion straight away.

-If we are to effectively manage a tournament at SPA we'll need to pick a regular [weekly?] time that suits the players best, what time is that?

-We'll want to vary the types of activities we host, what would you like to play?

-We'll want to make it so that as many people as possible can take part, how would you assure ths ?

-Do you have any comments or questions about the tournament, the arena, how it's going to work ? This is the place to discuss whilst we get this up and running.

Ideally I'd like us to give this a dry run by next week so, hop to it slaves!

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 19:30 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (15)
Personally, I believe in order to determine a proper time for the said competitions, it is necessary to gather an ample amount of information regarding the time zones of the various players on SpA. In my opinion, a survey should be conducted and when the data has been tallied up, one could ascertain a time that would fit for various time zones (i.e. We don't want a time that would be noon in one time zone and midnight in the other, as many people can not attend a tournament at midnight [and furthermore most people wouldn't be able to attend at noon, either, but that was for sake of example]). Secondly, I think the activity should vary weekly, or maybe biweekly, so as to maintain a steady variety that wouldn't require people to watch the same activity on rerun, and also so that people wouldn't be playing just the popular activities and omitting challenging or archaic activities (the minecart arrow-shooting and your "competitive fishing" come to mind, Frimple). In order to have as many people to take part as possible, I believe it would (please note, this statement WILL contradict the above statement and it's best that you consider them separately, so as to avoid very, very, hard compromises) be best if we chose mainly a variety of "team" games so that numerous people could play. Of course, this was a bit obvious, and I was thinking of a queue, so that if, let's say, heldplayer was slated to be on Rob's team for Team PvP and he suddenly has a family emergency or something similar, someone, let's say mbl, could substitue for him, with mbl being next in line on the queue. The problem with this, however, would be a "warning system" of sorts, as I personally do not want to queue up and suddenly be teleported into the arena while spelunking for diamonds.

Good luck, Frimp, :3

~Dawnofdusk~

[12:57] <+SVB> (Spikespiegel) So next rank change. Demote Dawn to guest ?

Epic rank change is epic.