Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:08

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2012, 21:58 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Lyca wrote:
We shall pay hydro and well atleast. Not sure about the third one... suggestions? :18
Foundry! :o or Badwater would be coo'

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 11:13 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Badwater! as you have a 5cp map already :D

fi 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 13:11 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Lyca wrote:
We shall pay hydro and well atleast. Not sure about the third one... suggestions? :18
Can we play hydro until one team caps the others HQ :3

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

be 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 14:15 
Doesn't get out much (335)
Lyca wrote:
koth_train_grid

jakezasnake1 wrote:
i got angry so i made a penis

de 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 14:33 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
orange_x

se 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 14:59 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (118)
Will probably get lost on hydro but chaos can be fun too :D

Hoodo or Waste would be fun.. whichever was the better xD

de 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 23:08 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Oh yes lets play good old Hoodoo! :4

fi 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 10:06 
Has learned to write! (152)
Dunno about the HQ... Zombie can decide on that :D Hoodoo or Badwater... Hmm :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 22:29 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
also, you might want to start thinking about what classes you guys will be playing. i'd advise getting a volunteer from each team to message everyone else on their team, and try and get together something that works for everyone :5: doing it now, before we get the final few people in, is even better - it means that we can specify what class spots are left, so that newcomers will know that they're playing X/Y/Z class before they sign up
so some people should do this tonight and/or tomorrow before the match starts. posting preferences on the forum is helpful but the sooner it actually get organised the better, as the one thing that can make highlander unenjoyable is ending up in a class that you hate playing.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 01:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Alright tried to sort my team into classes, need their feedback on it though, we can deffinetly switch between maps.

1. scout: Sonix
2. Soldier: Triple
3. Pyro: Junco
4. Demoman: Crackhead
5. Heavy: Crazy angel aka Shroom
6. Engineer: Wildblaze
7. Medic: Birdie
8. Sniper: Tomosa
9. Spy: ZEnergy

I only really want to play pyro, but I could take up gunslinger engie or spy at a push, depending on the map. I'll probably end up letting Wildblaze pyro for one map. Crackhead and Wildblaze could swap between engineer and demo perhaps? Let me know if you're unhappy with this proposal, or if there's any classes your happy to switch between.

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 02:23 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
I can play anything but won't guarantee that I'll be good at it :P

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 02:45 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
I'm a pyro at heart. Don't mind playing engineer or demo.

So 3 maps, 3 different classes. We can swap between the 3 of us knowing wildblaze is a very evil and good pyro.

de 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 15:37 
Geek (856)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
My husband and I do agree! :) Thx!

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:26 
Likes to type... (279)
[SpA]CrackHead wrote:
I'm a pyro at heart. Don't mind playing engineer or demo.

So 3 maps, 3 different classes. We can swap between the 3 of us knowing wildblaze is a very evil and good pyro.
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Alright tried to sort my team into classes, need their feedback on it though, we can deffinetly switch between maps.

I only really want to play pyro, but I could take up gunslinger engie or spy at a push, depending on the map. I'll probably end up letting Wildblaze pyro for one map. Crackhead and Wildblaze could swap between engineer and demo perhaps? Let me know if you're unhappy with this proposal, or if there's any classes your happy to switch between.
I'm happy just staying engi if you and crackhead want to try and share it between the 2 of you, I can quite happily play any class (no guarantee I’ll be particularly good at anything other than pyro though having not played in so long). Any weapons banned for tonight? Note i don't actually have any of the new engi weapons yet.

de 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:37 
Likes to type... (240)
red team looks pretty good :5:
i can change class, of course..
if theres someone who wants to play solly aswell :4

de 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 18:51 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Blu team doesn't need classes. Blu team has Lyca. Blu team wins.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 18:55 
CAST MASTER (481)
Maps are listed on front page, also today it is a vanilla set up again

So it is Vanilla weapons plus Kritz, Equillizar, Flaregun, Bonk! Atomic Punch.

Have fun.

Z.S

de 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:49 
Geek (856)
Thanks for organizing this and thanks to all who showed up in time :)

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:57 
Likes to type... (279)
Thanks for organising this and for everyone who showed up, but it wasn't a particularly fun game, at least for red. I know it was supposed to be for lycas birthday but the map choices we're horrendous, then the team balance wasn't too much better since we had at least 3 people on red who only really wanted to play pyro with junco not really wanting to play anything else. And then to top it off we had only vanilla weapons for more than half the classes so most people we're stuck with nothing they could really do.

Could we please look at adding in some other weapons for all the classes, vanilla engineer in particular is really not very interesting, but then you've got the map choices on top of it making it a pain to play as well at least maybe we should look at adding in the gunslinger.

Spy without option to his other watches again isn't too interesting.

Sniper if your not too good at sniping is boring without the huntsman or jarate.

Heavy without the gloves can be frustrating since you can spend ages getting somewhere only to be sniped or backstabbed.

pyro without his melee weapons can be pretty hard to use too but we've got the flaregun at least. I can work with the default but i can't speak for the other pyros.

If we're going to let weapons for some classes in, we should at least look at adding in something for everyone so if you are stuck with a class you don't particually like or can't do anything with, you've at least got some choice to try and make something of it. :?

PS. sorry for the mic not working crap at the start, and for being a bad engi for red, just really didn't have any idea what to do for the crap maps. :oops:

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 22:03 
Likes to type... (224)
Wildblaze + 1

<3

Spacecarrot : how man wham do you need for awesome people? 42.

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 22:19 
Has learned to write! (152)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
Blu team doesn't need classes. Blu team has Lyca. Blu team wins.
As I said earlier and Banana after me. Victory. Sad to hear that red didn't enjoy it us as much and even if the maps aren't your favorites it is much nicer when you have better teams. I was a sad solly without my whip so I shoveled my team mates :D Thanks everyone for joining!

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 22:23 
CAST MASTER (481)
all feedback should go in this thread :D : http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... 74&t=12544

Danke

Z.S

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:31 
CAST MASTER (481)
The power of double posting...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65419729/Mumble ... ixdown.mp3

Audio of mine and Scatter casts...named...

The Rusty Cast!

Enjoy :D

de 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:43 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I hope we get some pictures to that! Moving pictures in the best case.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:44 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]ZombieStalin wrote:
The Rusty Cast!
haha, no kiddin :mrgreen: but it was fun to do if nothing else. i'll gather up the rest of my thoughts in written form when i'm feeling more up to it

edit - i hope so too dekar. at the very least we can upload what we've got as it is, just be aware that it's pretty terrible :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 00:35 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
well, the visual side of the cast has been a bit of a fail - for some reason, fraps only records mumble audio from people pressing the push-to-talk key (wtf is up with that?!), meaning it's just the sound of me talking to mysself. so that's no good. i've only recorded a demo for cp_well, and i was focussed far more on commentary that on camera work so the footage is probably pretty awful, not to mention it's got ages and ages of just me flying about before the map starts. but if anyone wants a look at it anyway, here you go -

http://www.mediafire.com/?9j6xvc2w6gej4l6

hopefully we (that is, tech people who we annoy to no end and to whom we are most grateful for putting up with us :-11) can get STV working next time around, so we have an STV demo to work with (not restricted to following the same player/camera). either that, or a dedicated cameraman recording less-than-horrible footage :p

ok. pretending that i know anything about tf2 and talking loudly over zombie has tired me out. to bed!

(also, if you wanna sync up the mumble mp3 with the demo then start the demo at about 5:20 into the .mp3)

be 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 00:58 
Doesn't get out much (335)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Could we please look at adding in some other weapons for all the classes, vanilla engineer in particular is really not very interesting, but then you've got the map choices on top of it making it a pain to play as well at least maybe we should look at adding in the gunslinger.

Spy without option to his other watches again isn't too interesting.

Sniper if your not too good at sniping is boring without the huntsman or jarate.

Heavy without the gloves can be frustrating since you can spend ages getting somewhere only to be sniped or backstabbed.

pyro without his melee weapons can be pretty hard to use too but we've got the flaregun at least. I can work with the default but i can't speak for the other pyros.
sorry, but u're bad at highlander if u can't play without the unlocks you listed. Apart from the gloves.

Anyway, shame i couldn't play/missed the cast :(

jakezasnake1 wrote:
i got angry so i made a penis

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 01:06 
Likes to type... (279)
well the whole point of these highlander games is to have fun isn't it? i'm not saying they need to be added but it really does bring the game down when you're stuck with a class you don't particually like and have no way to do anything with it.

Red got completely steam rolled tonight cause a lot of us were stuck either in classes we don't really like or didn't have the unlocks we use to make classes we do like fun and interesting, and well if your not having fun then whats the point.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:21 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Hopfully we can sort things out better next time, good maps that are often used for highlander, and pre-arranged classes. cp_well was an ok game despite it being in reds favour throughout, hydro and hoodoo were just painful and chaotic, and went beyond a challenge to just being crippled over and over. The unlocks can be looked over again, instead of having vanilla, or all unlocks, we can just cut out any bullshit weapons which bring nothing new or interesting to the class.

With well balanced maps we all know, less restrictive but a fair whitelist for weapons, and hopfully giving people a better oppertunity to choose their classes before they have to to play, we should be able to have a good few games. So I'd like to ask everyone to stick with it, and turn up for the next highlander, you'll know what classes you will be playing, what maps, and what weapons you can use before you jump in find out you can't play your class, can't use your loadout and find out you're playing on junction.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 11:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Um, didn't red already have pre-arranged classes? there were posts with comprehensive lists of each class and each person playing it :ugly:

Blue just jumped into a class as we joined. But from my perspective, I found the games to be a challenge and required a lot of careful pushing, but it wasn't easy.

I liked hydro because we got to play it without 6 snipers and 6000 engys, so that was nice, but it did seem to roll alot more... Apart from when all of blue run down the left tunnel and all of red run out of the right tunnel and cap lol that made me wet myself ^^

Also I'm a pretty bossy medic (I blame SonnyB for his "training") ^^ and shouted at MiIcro alot lawl :mrgreen: Plus I told everyone we had to win each game for the boithday girl in a passionate motivational speech at the start! there were fireworks and drums and all that shit.