Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:07

All times are UTC+02:00

au 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 11:17 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Well, for a while now I've been working on another custom map. All has been going good untill... 1.2.2 released :( .

So basicly, its a 1.1.0 world and I need to convert it into a 1.2.2 world. Simple? No... It seems that adding an additional 128 blocks to my custom map world will Stuff it up.

What I mean by 'World stuffing up'.
So Basicly when I click onto my converted world, it loads, then im into the game for about 2 secounds before gameplay freezes up, then the world 'saves' its self, after its done saving.. I get the black screen of death :cry: .

So can anybody help me?
What I really need is someone to convert this 1.1.0 world: http://www.mediafire.com/?15561wmukmkjya8Into, a 1.2.3 or 1.2.2 verson of the world. Then, email it back to me or post it on MediaFire.

Email: BlueFlame.MC@Gmail.com

Thanks...

au 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 14:41 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Anyone? It would be a shame if I had to restart 4 months of work.. :/

us 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 14:50 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
When ill get home ill so it. Gonna be a while till I get home though.

se 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 22:35 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Well I downloaded it and I got the black screen. But I tried using Robinton's World Save Converter and voila worked.
Attachment:
Green.7z [6.74 MiB]
Downloaded 96 times

au 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 12:56 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Wow..! Thanks Green :mrgreen:

The world looks good, but, one problem :x . All the lighting across the map is completely skrewing up :cry: . Anyway to fix this???

oh.. and btw. For some reason when I load 'any' of my 1.2 or 1.1 worlds in 'WorldEdit' (singleplayer world edit, NOT to be confused with the 'WorldEdit' plugin for SMP), then all I see is a empty wold with no blocks, just the void and the sky... Anyway to fix the problem?

se 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 13:10 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Wow..! Thanks Green :mrgreen:

The world looks good, but, one problem :x . All the lighting across the map is completely skrewing up :cry: . Anyway to fix this???

oh.. and btw. For some reason when I load 'any' of my 1.2 or 1.1 worlds in 'WorldEdit' (singleplayer world edit, NOT to be confused with the 'WorldEdit' plugin for SMP), then all I see is a empty wold with no blocks, just the void and the sky... Anyway to fix the problem?
Yea I noticed that lightning issue, but it seemed to fix itself when you went by the areas affected by it :?:

au 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 13:45 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Hmm.. I believe if I can get 'sunlight' to update all the light levels it'll fix the problem. But if you notice in my world I've placed a roughly 700x700 dark wool roof covering the entire jungle and the desert. I did this for an eternal night 'illusion' in my map.

..So if I can quickly remove the roof, update the light levels, then place the roof back. That could fix the problem.. But how would I do that? :|

se 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 13:59 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Hmm.. I believe if I can get 'sunlight' to update all the light levels it'll fix the problem. But if you notice in my world I've placed a roughly 700x700 dark wool roof covering the entire jungle and the desert. I did this for an eternal night 'illusion' in my map.

..So if I can quickly remove the roof, update the light levels, then place the roof back. That could fix the problem.. But how would I do that? :|
Some mods makes you able to cuboid stuff, but can't remember the name of it. That could help you remove the wool.

au 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:19 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
get yourself a server, put in world edit, and yeah

be 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 19:38 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
The problem with the map is that it tries to update the lighting after converting it to Anvil, MC freezes because it is doing a billion lighting updates. After some time the process will finish but you'll still have some problems with mobs. I've been testing the map and these are the things that made it crash already:
  • Skeleton moving
  • Sheep eating
  • Using pistons/redstone circuitry
  • Breaking the ladder roof
Basicly, it's a nice map but it's very much screwed up

au 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 01:36 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Alright...

Hmm.. That ladder roof was a bad idea, I think that's what is just stuffing the world up, so if anyone could help me out by removing the ladder roof, that wood be awesome. :4

us 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 06:38 
Likes to type... (229)
Single Player Commands is a great mod that gives you WorldEdit, and tons of other commands that might be useful
They just updated to 1.2.3
Here's the link:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/943 ... -download/

au 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 08:54 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Yeah I have that already, I have no idea on how to use Worldedit through that. :cry:

us 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 17:44 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
These might help...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRltOZFo ... J2RU9ieTE=[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBASrg6X ... 1fvvGIO2U=[/youtube]