All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 02:39 
Nerdish, tbh. (484)
For we are children of the digital age.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 02:46 
Illiterate (7)
I was looking for a new game.(i had just gotten to yew on rs.) So I stumbled around and found minecraft. well i thought to my self "If i cut down one for f***ing tree i'm gonna beat someone with it." So I tried it well the first thing i built was my name. and got baned cuz i had griefed some one's build(I built it on the inside cuz no one had built in it.) then i jumped on this server and decided i wanted to build a car.(go to builder73 my car should still be there it's yellow). after that i got promoted to builder. after that i downloaded wom, and joined here. and now i use minecraft to relive stress and express my artistic ability(cant draw. but i can sure kick some butt in a lego contest).

au 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 12:45 
Illiterate (5)
A guy at school had a hacked version he downloaded and so I did the same but I got bored of it and decided to buy the full version. Best decision :)

pl 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 13:15 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (144)
I first saw it in September on a Polish video games portal and I thought it was a completely weird looking thing and was totally not interested. Then, I saw some footage from it on 'Press Heart to Continue' series on YouTube, I immediately recognised it's brilliance ... and downloaded a pirated version (we all do that occasionally). Played for 2 weeks, raged when I lost all of my stuff in lava (didn't know you could edit the inventory at the time), stopped playing but then I discovered creative mode (thanks to the Star Trek Enterprise video) and ended up on SpecialAttack (after visiting 2 other servers and building Orthanc on one).

pt 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 17:32 
Doesn't get out much (316)
I found Whinecraft via youtube videos , thought it was a pretty fun and creative game and it was 50% off the price so I went ahead and bought it :3 :ugly:

us 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 01:59 
Pretty useless (74)
well i found it one boring night at around midnight.
i was browsing youtube and i saw a video about it on the front page and since i had no
other things to do, i clicked on it.
the video looked pretty nice so figured i would check it out.
and now here i am addicted to it. :P

au 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 02:08 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Well it was a few months ago now, but I started off with a free version of survival i got from a friend at school, I then went and played that for a while and searching up cool things people did, Some of the vids i got were of FB multiplayer, so i thourght multiplayer would be interesting im gonna go try it out, so i went on to my first PIE where i built somthing, and it was gud, but then there was PIE reset and they had a voting system where u could vote
1. Flat Grass
2.Hell World
3.Mountians
and a few more. I played on this PIE for about a week but while i was building my thing some idiot decided to build right next to where i was, and i needed to build over where he started to build and because i started to build first i just kept going, and he went on about how i griefed him -.- anyway, then i got banned from that PIE and decided to find a new one, and fortunately i found this one :)

us 
PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 18:47 
Illiterate (5)
I remember seeing a comic for it on Penny Arcade (Penny Arcade comic (warning: contains naughty language, oh noes!) ), which I didn't really get, but the exact moment I decided to give it a go was after seeing this video of a guy showing how to make a fireplace, but accidentally burning his whole house down (Youtube - Guy Accidentally Burns Down House). Seemed like a fun game, and it was cheap so...... 8 million blocks later, here I am!

us 
PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 14:43 
Has learned to write! (176)
I found Minecraft in a tiny section of Gameinformer back in like October or something. Thank god for gameinformer.

ca 
PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 08:13 
Doesn't get out much (377)
A guy i worked with told me about the game, he said it was highly addictive, and if i liked building/creating things, i should try it out.
I loved creating junk, but now i play it for a completely different reason. Destroying Griefers!

au 
PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 08:42 
Illiterate (3)
I was saying minecraft was really gay and boring at school, I tried it and now I'm addicted.
Oh yeah!
(even bought it)

ca 
PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 10:30 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
Well I was just chillen I front of the tv watching g4 then they talked about mine craft so I checked it out got addicted instantly and special attack was the first PIE that cought my eye yay me! :4 I even bought beta the first day bc I wanted to see what it was like

au 
PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:41 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Ready for it?...... GoodGame
(A Gaming Program for teen/kids)

My kids where watching it I and just happend to walk in at that time and so than I just tryed it out, just of of randomness and my first server was: specialattack.net
(A Gaming Program for teen/kids)

ca 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 03:04 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (19)
I was subscribe to Jx23 on YouTube and i found out about Minecraft when he started doing a Let's Play of it :P

au 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 03:17 
Likes to type... (261)
I was watching Good Game, and Australian show where they review games, and they gave it a really good review about last September, then I started to play.

us 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 14:56 
Doesn't get out much (382)
I was drug here kicking and screaming!!!!

Actually, I would sit beside Yankee and read while he played, started watching him (had to look up when he jumped or yelled when snuck up on by a mob lol) and with his encouragement, I, who had never wanted to play a video game before started playing.

And the rest is herstory :)

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

de 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 15:56 
Illiterate (14)
I... don't know... I really forgot how i discovered minecraft!

The earliest minecraft experience i remember is that i tried the free classic singleplayer first. But because i couldnt save the map i started orienting myself to classic multiplayer.
While looking at architecture on some servers i somehow stumbled upon "Saellan & Co's Flatland Castle". When i saw the castle Saellan and his real-life friends had built i thought: "This castle just has big rooms. Its simple making something huge when you just scale it up with a riddiculous factor. I bet i can make a better castle." So i started it on the guest map, which was already pretty much griefed. (Looking back to it now i should just have turned around and left...) I looked for a corner of the map where i had quite some space which was spared from the building and griefing and started my castle there. It got griefed 4 times during the 3 days i needed to build it, but somehow i managed to finish it. During that time i first heard of SpA: "They have a bunch of sick stuff on their server." (A bit too) quickly i gained mod rank on Saellan's server but later prooved worthy of it by having the highest daily on-time of all players and kicking/banning my share of griefers. I played on that server for some months until it was shutting down.
In the meantime i bought the game and started playing SSP. (It was the time when mobs needed more light on the lower levels to prevent spawning). Ocassionally i played on a private smp listen-server of a fellow MOD from Saellan's server. When he started turning to Terraria one or two months ago (Traitor! :mrgreen: ) i started looking for a public SMP server. I first tried the Minecraft server the (german) Stolz-chatroom of Kongregate had put up, but i didn't really like that server. Thats basically the reason i ended up here.

But even while writing all this i didnt remember why i started playing minecraft. I think i read about it somewhere on the internet. It might be that i found the old minecraft-precursor "Infiniminer" first somehow...

de 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 00:18 
Geek (856)
My story is simple. My man and I got hooked by the Humble Bundle 3 giveaway of the Minecraft 2 weeks trial. Then I joined our server, seen how much work has been put in, and started my house! :)

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 11:21 
Pretty useless (68)
My boyfriend, mainly. A lot of people in school had it, so when he got it I wanted to have a look and, being the strange person I am, got addicted before I even started playing.
Sadly, I had no money for an account, and so my boyfriend let me use his account for a while.
I think I began to annoy him as I kept changing his skin to random things like a wolf, and once a punk chic which was awkward for him to explain to his mates why he had a mini-skirt and a low-cut top. And so, he bought me an account :D (For some reason my parents were NOT happy, as I'd asked them if I could buy it before and they said no. Even though my dad spends hundreds of pounds a year on multiplayer games and internet.... w/e).

And as for the SMP, that's thanks to fade_to_black and ells551, my good Minecraftian and Real Life buddies. I think ells mainly introduced me just so he could pick on me a little bit - he likes to build 3x3x3 boxes around me while I'm afk XD Though he hasn't done it recently.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 15:04 
Pretty useless (94)
Pystro wrote:
While looking at architecture on some servers i somehow stumbled upon "Saellan & Co's Flatland Castle".
Oh wow it's Pystro! I first started on Saellan & Co too way back in 2010 however it got shut down long ago too. Sorry for a massive bump but I never thought I would see you here! (You probably don't come on here anyways so this is probably pointless.)

[21:00] <[Patogy]> *bends over jammy*

be 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 17:22 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
Pystro wrote:
While looking at architecture on some servers i somehow stumbled upon "Saellan & Co's Flatland Castle".
Oh wow it's Pystro! I first started on Saellan & Co too way back in 2010 however it got shut down long ago too. Sorry for a massive bump but I never thought I would see you here! (You probably don't come on here anyways so this is probably pointless.)
You dare resurrect an old topic?!

ca 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 04:29 
Geek (776)
Got bored one day, and found it somewhere. Got hooked on the free version singleplayer. Then, I discovered it had multiplayer :D.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 07:05 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Heard some stuff about it, went to multiplayer and clicked 'SpecialAttack MCF Freebuild'
I was lucky :P

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 21:05 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I was going through the weird part of you tube, and it was the only way to get out...

us 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 21:14 
Illiterate (2)
My friend asked me to come over to his house to see this new game he bought. As it turns out, this game was Minecraft. So for months I played singlepalyer with his account, and then I decided that it was time to by my own account.