Has no REAL life! (1309)
Who here has played or currently plays WoW? :D

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

be 
 Post subject: Re: WoW!
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 04:40 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Have played in on and off for the past 3 years or so. No longer playing it currently though and most likely won't for a long while.

Used to play Alliance on Darkmoon Faire (EU) RP. I ditched that realm to play a Horde character on a realm I can't remember the name of.

se 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 15:36 
Geek (970)
Played it since beta and quit it during the Northrend expansion. All my friends played alliance but deep in my heart I always wanted to play horde, and also the whole PvE thing isn't my thing :(

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 15:45 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Leeeeroy Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkins :18

se 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 18:26 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Bought it a while after it came out in stores, played the expansion betas and got to level 74 or something. Sylvanas

I liked it better when you actually had to look for things on your own, and there was no Thottbot or addons to show you exactly what to do and how... :|

Also resilience killed actual, skill-based PvP. Things were already balanced!

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 18:47 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
m3n wrote:
Bought it a while after it came out in stores, played the expansion betas and got to level 74 or something. Sylvanas

I liked it better when you actually had to look for things on your own, and there was no Thottbot or addons to show you exactly what to do and how... :|

YouTube video
I loved pvp in Vanilla, it was actually fun.

Anyway. I used to play it, got a character at 85..did some endgame but I got bored it...will probably resub at some point if I can be bothered.

ro 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 18:49 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I played it since vanilla on and off. Been through hardcore raiding, bg farming, RP picnics and the rest. Cataclysm completely killed it off for me. Not that WotLK was much better than it.

I simply cannot have fun with it anymore. The community went down the drain, the pvp system simply got bad with each "balancing" patch and I no longer have the time for hardcore raiding.

I gave all of my stuff to a friend sometime in January and that's that. Just waiting on GW2 now. :)

de 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 20:09 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
m3n wrote:
PvP was balanced when there were no dimishing returns on fear! My Warlock could keep everyone feared until they died from dots and double critical Soulfires from negative resistances. :ugly:

ro 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 21:23 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Dekar wrote:
PvP was balanced when there were no dimishing returns on fear! My Warlock could keep everyone feared until they died from dots and double critical Soulfires from negative resistances. :ugly:
My mage could POM+Pyro you before you got that cast off.

As it turns out though, balance is NOT fun. You know what was fun? A SIX HOURS Alterac Valley epic battle, summoning the protector and generally fighting like mad.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 09:48 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
Dekar wrote:

As it turns out though, balance is NOT fun. You know what was fun? A SIX HOURS Alterac Valley epic battle, summoning the protector and generally fighting like mad.
Brings back memories, also I had a battle at night once I logged off of 3 hours AV and in the morning they were still at it o.O

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 12:09 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
Dekar wrote:

Oh man those fights were awesome!

also, fire mage? pfft...it was aaaallllll about the frost mages. Blizzard AoE spamming ftw! :lol:

se 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 14:34 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Dekar wrote:
m3n wrote:
Berserker Rage (off goes fear, on comes 10 seconds of immunity)
Intercept
Hamstring
???
Profit.

The pets gave you free rage, too. :ugly:
Caster one was pesky...

ro 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 15:39 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Everything was and is patch dependent. :P Besides, the only class that should give a crap about 1vs1 is Rogue.

The most fun I've had in PvP has been however world-pvp and BGs up to 60.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 19:51 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
[SpA]sebas wrote:

Oh man those fights were awesome!

also, fire mage? pfft...it was aaaallllll about the frost mages. Blizzard AoE spamming ftw! :lol:
yessss frost mage was where it was fuckin AT :4

that said - by the time i got into the game the burning crusade was already out, and the old style, 'epic' pvp that you guys all describe was what i came into the game looking for, but largely missed. i spent ages on the game willing it to get better, cos the potential was there, but that stuff just wasn't around anymore :(

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 10:48 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
TBC was the last to see world-pvp on the Quel'Danas island. After that there was nothing.

Though Arena, flying mounts, xrealm Battlegrounds and eventually the LFG tool are what really killed it. And the community along with it.

But I wouldn't blame the developers for it. These tools made sense, they improved certain aspects. It's just that most people took them as they shouldn't: be an asshole with people you will never meet again and sit on your ass in whatever capital while waiting for the window to pop up. So WoW became less fun than house-chores. And more obnoxious.

fi 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 13:59 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Just bought 30 days if playtime to play again cause I currently have too much time on my hands D: but kinda sad to hear how awesome it used to be :(

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

au 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 14:39 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
played in Vanilla, stopped sometime during BC and played again for a little of wotlk.

Didn't bother with Cata.

imo vanilla was the best, I miss AQ and BWL. As well as actually being able to kill paladins.

But most of all, I miss Enhancement Shaman. Windfury that fucker!

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 21:33 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
2handed windfury was nasty, yeah. :P

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 08:56 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
2handed windfury was nasty, yeah. :P
1 hitting clothies at lvl 40-50.... yum yum yum..

no 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 16:38 
Geek (883)
I play wow!
Have a lvl 85 dk and a lvl 82 lock!

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

dk 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 00:25 
Likes to type... (290)
Played since closed US beta - Left the game 6-7 months ago and i dont regret it <3

I got a few wow accounts laying around if you want to play - we will change all info etc ofc....EU server.

se 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 10:04 
Doesn't get out much (335)
Time to see what old wow has brought to the table. Could anuone send me a "scroll of resurection" (EU) please.

Email: leopold.reich@gmail.com

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 12:34 
The one and only (619)
I played wow for a bit but its getting a bit old now and there are a bunch of games coming out which do what WoW does but better.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 13:25 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Such as?

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 16:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 18:32 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Whats so great about a stool?

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 02:48 
CAST MASTER (481)
World of Warcraft...a game that was fun when I played it...go back today and never get the same feeling, no matter how much I tried. :(

Ah the days when i was the only mage with 15k Mana on a vanilla server and impressing all the bitches...then they asked me what spec I was...I'd reply Arcane...They'ed Reply I was a noob...I'd faceroll them....

Ah WoW...What happened to you? :(

Z.S