Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:08

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 20:58 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (17)
Hi guys ElectricHaggis here, I need your help.

Basically the Yogscast are making their own game which is taking a lot of inspiration from Minecraft but is not meant to rival Notch's creation. The game will be made from the feedback from the community and your opinion will shape how the game will turn out.

What I am asking for is for you to kindly go to the Kickstarter website and look for "Yogventures". Please donate what you think the wonderful guys over at Yogscast deserve. Personally I have donated $750 but your donation can be as low as $1 but please be generous guys, thank you.

us 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:19 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Not sure if I can actually trust those guys, that;s just my opinion. From what I have seen of them, they are just trolls.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:26 
awesomefriends56 wrote:
Not sure if I can actually trust those guys, that;s just my opinion. From what I have seen of them, they are just trolls.
They're actually decent guys. I think sometimes they do seem a bit like trolls but thats just their style. The fact that the game is open sourced and basically community made shows that they care for the minecraft community. I think people should give them a chance, especially with over 1,500,000 subscribers.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:27 
The one and only (619)
Who is making this game? Lewis and Simon? They have no experience making games so it will probably be crap. The only people who will buy it are yogscast fanboys who find Simon is jesus reincarnate.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:31 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
I'm not gonna waste my money so someone can sit in a room eating jaffacakes all day ^^

Last edited by [SpA]don_don_don on 09 Apr 2012, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:35 
ZEnergy wrote:
Who is making this game? Lewis and Simon? They have no experience making games so it will probably be crap. The only people who will buy it are yogscast fanboys who find Simon is jesus reincarnate.
No they're only overseeing the project and giving the communities feedback to the developers. The developers are Winterkewl Games LLC which are based in LA. You should go to Kickstarter and read the article about it.

ca 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:46 
Geek (776)
Is it a minecraft like game?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:51 
canadacanucks01 wrote:
Is it a minecraft like game?
It will have some similarities but it's not a copy by any means, the fact that the ideas for the game will be totally community driven means that it is highly unlikely that it will end up like minecraft. It will have a crafting system, that much is known.

Here is the site, there is more information about it on this.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/win ... ogventures

us 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 03:27 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Well, as much as im not suppose to be here due to busy-ness, i must post on this :P

First, they are well developed youtube super-stars who have at least two very successful channels. They of all people, should not need funding. On top of that, they are asking for 250k, when there are thousands and thousands of struggling programmers out there that don't get paid and still get shit done. Them creating a fancy video will not change my view of their "future hardwork." If they claim they can't get resources, use a tutorial. If they need it for products, dish out the cash or torrent it.

With their popularity and their desire to create a game, should get them one hell of a sponsorship from any smart company, so why don't they have one yet? Leads me to believe its shit.

Secondly, taking a look at their video. It features shit aspects of the games. They are using their likable side to win you into donating, and not using donation strategics on the game. The video features a tall skinny guy and a short fat dwarf, with "joffo" cakes. The only real fun i see in this game, as well as Simon himself said, is "blowing shit up" but even that was pretty bad.

Not only is this game, as I see it, not gonna have a good development team, the only real purpose of it is either a) to make more money off of donations and future buyers or b) to one-up notch, as explained as Simon said "Fuck you notch" or something to the sort. Or both.

I'd rather have them go back to the Christmas donation drive to actually cause good that they hosted this last holiday.

P.S. As much as I like your attempt to get us to donate, I think you have your priorities mixed up. Try to get people to donate to us, the community who keeps the servers up you play on :P

-GB3

au 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 04:41 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
You could have done so many things with that $750...

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 05:30 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
bubbajim3 wrote:
First, they are well developed youtube super-stars who have at least two very successful channels. They of all people, should not need funding.
I don't think being a youtube star is all that lucrative :P

If the game is really just a rushed loose concept looking to one up Minecraft then yes it will fall flat on its face, but it could be an interesting experiment what they're doing claiming they're really going to have the players in on the development of the game. I mean it doesn't appeal to me, but I don't think it's due any harsh criticism either. Though I will say It's a shame that no one donates that sort of money to communities like this that have to raise money monthly to keep its servers up, people play here for hundreads of hours but wont even think of pitching in.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 14:46 
bubbajim3 wrote:
Well, as much as im not suppose to be here due to busy-ness, i must post on this :P

First, they are well developed youtube super-stars who have at least two very successful channels. They of all people, should not need funding. On top of that, they are asking for 250k, when there are thousands and thousands of struggling programmers out there that don't get paid and still get shit done. Them creating a fancy video will not change my view of their "future hardwork." If they claim they can't get resources, use a tutorial. If they need it for products, dish out the cash or torrent it.

With their popularity and their desire to create a game, should get them one hell of a sponsorship from any smart company, so why don't they have one yet? Leads me to believe its shit.

Secondly, taking a look at their video. It features shit aspects of the games. They are using their likable side to win you into donating, and not using donation strategics on the game. The video features a tall skinny guy and a short fat dwarf, with "joffo" cakes. The only real fun i see in this game, as well as Simon himself said, is "blowing shit up" but even that was pretty bad.

Not only is this game, as I see it, not gonna have a good development team, the only real purpose of it is either a) to make more money off of donations and future buyers or b) to one-up notch, as explained as Simon said "Fuck you notch" or something to the sort. Or both.

I'd rather have them go back to the Christmas donation drive to actually cause good that they hosted this last holiday.

P.S. As much as I like your attempt to get us to donate, I think you have your priorities mixed up. Try to get people to donate to us, the community who keeps the servers up you play on :P

-GB3

Through further research and feedback back from different communities, I have lowered my pledge to $90 and donated $100 to these servers, as I have done before.

us 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 18:24 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
ElectricHaggis wrote:
Through further research and feedback back from different communities, I have lowered my pledge to $90 and donated $100 to these servers, as I have done before.
Thank you good sir. :5:

se 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 15:24 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
ElectricHaggis wrote:

...donated $100 to these servers, as I have done before.
:5:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 15:30 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Thanks ElectricHaggis, you are amazing. Could you do me a favour and next time you donate to post your confirmation here: http://forum.specialattack.net/viewforum.php?f=34

That way we don't have to beat our brains on who donated

:4