Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:27

All times are UTC+02:00

se 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 21:32 
Doesn't get out much (379)
Need some serious help here guys, yesterday when i tried to play tf2 i joined server #1, but when i got in, the sounds is looping and skipping like a broken record and it lags like HELL, i get like 1 frame per 3 seconds, can't even navigate in the ingame menus because it's so slow. I restarted the comp and tried again, same thing. Tried playing some Call of Duty 4.. and it ran as smooth as ever! But tf2, portal, hl2, they were all still b0rked.
Today I've deleted the harddrive, got a fresh, fully updated install of windows XP, updated all the drivers for graphics, sound, mobo, the works (it was about time for that anyway), ran 3dmark06, scored 9800pts, which felt satisfying enough, installed steam, downloaded tf2 all over again.. but my problem still remains! Source games just won't work.

Anyone got a problem of this kind before? Cause I'd really appreciate some help with this, steam support left me clueless :4

*edit* One interesting little thing that might help diagnose the problem, everytime i try running tf2, my internet connection goes down until about a minute after closing tf2 again. It's just weird.

*edit#2* FIXED, WOHOO! :D

Last edited by Magisk on 20 Mar 2008, 22:26, edited 2 times in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 21:36 
Community slut (13473)
Never have heard of it. Are your drivers up to date?

de 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 22:07 
Geek (640)
@Saint
Quote:
updated all the drivers for graphics, sound, mobo, the works

I would suggest that it is a Steam based problem, since you haven't made any changes, have you?
Other then that you can play other games without any problems...
Well I am clueless ;)

se 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 22:27 
Doesn't get out much (379)
Alright, nothing to see here, I managed to find the problem, had to run dxdiag and reduce hardware sound acceleration. Didn't think of it at first because it came out of nowhere, haven't had any problems at all before.