cp_gravelpit
cp_badlands
pl_upward
cp_gullywash_final1
pl_frontier_final
cp_granary
pl_badwater
cp_foundry

Last edited by [SpA]JuncoPartner on 29 Aug 2012, 13:28, edited 9 times in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 02:50 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
looks sexy :5:

just noticed that frontier is in only once but you don't have it marked as that :>

de 
PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 11:53 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Sweet... will see if I'm going to play TF2 a bit more again where the server isn't empty at my usual playtimes nowadays. :5:

de 
PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 20:42 
Pretty useless (90)
hey guys :wink:
i know i´m pretty new around here :oops: but don´t slapp me i really like the servers^^
we all know that the servers are sometimes... let´s say not very well visited :P
i wonder if we can add some more popular maps to the rotation and drop some less popular?
i know everyone played dustbowl goldrush and stuff a million times but that are the maps most ppl like and when you really want a map you can buy it :ugly:
as i said just a suggestion so if you don´t agree stay 8)
:ugly: feel free to tell your opinion
if i´m wrong here sry and sorry for the bad english^^

gb 
PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 21:12 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Funny you should mention this. I was playing on another server ( :shock: ) the other day and came across Hoodoo and it really made me miss some old maps.

We've only just recently updated the map rotation and what you suggested could maybe be implemented when we update the rotation again.

Thanks for the feedback. All feedback is always welcome.

Whether we listen to you or not is a different thing of course :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 21:15 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Hey Carrot, Actually there is a lack of feedback so it's welcome from anyone, paticularly a regular like yourself :5:

Reason why dustbowl has been taken out and why goldrush only plays once is because while they're popular amongst some players they also make everyone very tired and fed up, making people quit. Nearly all our players come from quickplay, or from friend invites so they never really see or care what map the server is on. So a popular map I think wont make people join, but it will make people stay. Before free to play and the quickplay system, generic maps did help servers fill, but since then I don't really think it works.

To fill servers now it depends on people, the more playing on it the more that will join or be sent to the server. Really if you can get a couple of people together in the evening on Dell Conagher you're more or less garenteed to fill it up.

fi 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 08:38 
Pretty useless (64)
I think hoodoo is nice map also, havent played that too much lately.

I also like egypt and junction but only place where to usually find those are usually 24/7 one map only premium servers.
Maybe juntion is bit spammy so not that good.

Is those that bad that no one won't play those anymore?

gb 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 13:17 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Next time you are on the server Tontza I'll buy Hoodoo :4

Egypt was a bit buggy. It kept crashing and I never really got an answer from VALVe or the other TF2 admins on the mailing list. But we could give it a go to see if it is fixed.

All maps are available via the spa point system so don't be afraid to choose a map that you would like to play.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 13:22 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Tontza wrote:
I think hoodoo is nice map also, havent played that too much lately.

I also like egypt and junction but only place where to usually find those are usually 24/7 one map only premium servers.
Maybe juntion is bit spammy so not that good.

Is those that bad that no one won't play those anymore?
Yeah unfortunatley those maps are stinkers, but feel free to buy hoodoo if we have enough people on. Most people don't like it, but they don't hate it either. I would really like to have thundermountain on rotation but that's another map I think wouldn't go down so well.

fi 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 14:18 
Pretty useless (64)
Anna: how nice of you, thx :5:

Junco: ye, well. Maybe i should try to buy a map too someday.

Hmm, i think there is awesome potential on thundermountain but it would need some fixing to map desing.
Now the cart stucks on few points and between those points it almost fly.
I kind of feel everytime yea, when i go to play thundermountain 'cause its nicely looking map, but there is just that much unused space or space what is not used by either of the teams.
But surely this is just my opinion and all maps feel little different with different people (server).

Some bad maps are actually nice to play when the playing is done even with little team work on both sides. Its like cant judge the book by it covers.

de 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 21:14 
Pretty useless (90)
hi the carrot again :ugly:
you are right some people don´t like dustbowl cause of the endless spawncamping (yeah i know it´s tactics here :roll: :wink: )
but there are some maps , like gravelpit, badlands or foundry that really make ppl leave too
and what i´m saying isn´t just from me (carrot=gravelpit hater^^) but from some of my steam friends with who i started a little survey^^
and another thing is that the rotation is s little low on pl don´t you think?
(dunno the reworked rotation hehe :oops where can i find it?^^)

anna i forsooth know that your delightful ear hasn´t to listen to my jibberish blubbering (exit very very bad medival english mode)

just suggesting :( makes me so sad when i launch tf2 and noone is on the serverz or one grimm ridden forever alone :cry:
and you still will see me and my golden hatz on zhe serverz dummkopfz i do not mind if you don´t listen to zhe german karotte

sincerely c. noob scout carrot :D

se 
PostPosted: 27 May 2012, 11:46 
Crap at posting (48)
Why is pl_frontier_final and goldrush only featured once, while gullywash is on twice.

That doesn't make sense...

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 02:52 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Cheers for the feedback all. I based the rotation on the experience of watching what works, and the effects maps have on the server. It does go quite a bit beyond popular and unpopular maps, and while maps like dustbowl and goldrush are popular, but they can also empty a server, and they'd go in the same basket as 2fort with the obselete map design and spam, but yet people just love 2fort :ugly: But yeah keep it up, I want to keep the rotation flexible so it can be changed and tweaked whenever. I am listening too, I think I did a decent job with this but it's hard to really tell if I've done it with some bias or not.

m-m-m-monster reply...

de 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 09:40 
Pretty useless (90)
hi me again
sorry junco but i can´t agree with you with that, i don´t remember to have played gullywash with more than 6- 10 people a lot :(
srsly everytime it comes we have there are about 4 guys leaving the same with some other
thereis a difference between a fluent playable map and a popular one and gullywash fastlane foundry gravelpit.... aren´t that besides they are cool maps but what i think the problem is that they are twice in the rotation and is a little too much
the big 3 in the maps are: dustbowl goldrush and badwater. these are the most popular maps can´t say sth different. they just are.
so with that i am over with my suggests to the rotation like i said don´t think some of the maps have to run twice, you can listen to me or not hell i´m not even a spa member
but keep in mind: when you call me i come pretty much everytime to fill up the server, i like you all and i like playing with you
so don´t hate :5:
so: how about we make some events? :twisted: i know a very popular server (who´s main rotation btw is "dustgoldwater" ^^ as long as there are few people on the serverand then switches to vote [we don´t have that have we? really i don´t know :oops: ]) that has a custom map evening every wednesday
or what about a halloween evening every fullmoon?^^ :ugly:
or some party yaay :4

carrot guevara who tries a revolution :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 12:15 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Quote:
"Dynamic (dy-nam-ic): A Force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process"
Armed with only a rickety hammer and this definition of dynamic, the Mappers of TF2Maps.net took on the Major Mapping competition #7: Dynamic Payload. They had only four months to take this definition and incorporate it into an element (or two, or three, etc) for their payload map. Four months later, 27 payload/payload race maps were entered, each with its own dynamic elements. Two weeks of preliminary voting has narrowed down the field to the top eleven maps and now it is your turn, the community, to help decide the top 3. How well do these "dynamic" elements help the maps? Download the maps, play through them and decide. When you're done, be sure to vote on which ones you liked best!

Source: http://dynamicpl.tf2maps.net/

:4

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 13:29 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
commander_carrot wrote:
sorry junco but i can´t agree with you with that, i don´t remember to have played gullywash with more than 6- 10 people a lot :(
srsly everytime it comes we have there are about 4 guys leaving the same with some other
thereis a difference between a fluent playable map and a popular one and gullywash fastlane foundry gravelpit.... aren´t that besides they are cool maps but what i think the problem is that they are twice in the rotation and is a little too much
the big 3 in the maps are: dustbowl goldrush and badwater. these are the most popular maps can´t say sth different. they just are.
so with that i am over with my suggests to the rotation like i said don´t think some of the maps have to run twice, you can listen to me or not hell i´m not even a spa member
but keep in mind: when you call me i come pretty much everytime to fill up the server, i like you all and i like playing with you
so don´t hate :5:
so: how about we make some events? :twisted: i know a very popular server (who´s main rotation btw is "dustgoldwater" ^^ as long as there are few people on the serverand then switches to vote [we don´t have that have we? really i don´t know :oops: ]) that has a custom map evening every wednesday
or what about a halloween evening every fullmoon?^^ :ugly:
or some party yaay :4

carrot guevara who tries a revolution :mrgreen:
First I've really heard of issues with gullywash, the entire tf2 community seemed to recieve it well, but I will watch it in that case. To be honest I dislike gravelpit, but it's popular and unlike dustbowl it does play well. I couldn't really justify taking it out besides saying "me and carrot don't like it" ^^ Fastlane and foundry once again, these haven't been problem maps yet (fastlane being on rotation as far back as I can remember) unless they become a stalemate, then they can problematic.

Badwater is a hands down very well designed map, pretty much everyone likes it, goldrush and dustbowl are different, they are more popular but they get a great deal of hate too, and make everyone tired and not wanting to play, it's just simply not worth revolving the rotation on maps like that, it would be like putting 2fort into the rotation, 2forts very popular, but poor to play. This is mostly because 2fort and dustbowl are from tfc and they worked much better there, but being ported over to tf2 they became too tight and spammy.

See we could go the full way and run 2fort 24/7 and probably attract a lot of players, but that's just not what the servers are for, we don't want to scare off seasoned players who like to play a more varied game, they're the players who return. We sort of abandoned these players in the past and we never seen some of our regulars again. When F2P came out we sort of sold out to put it nicely, and focused on new players who would never comeback to server, we had 6 servers full sometimes but none of that paid off, yet a lot of our current regulars were the ones we saw on the no crits server. So we could run the 2fort, goldrush etc. but we wont get the players we want from that, players who will only fill it for one night, we need players who comeback and join the community and these players are not always keen on maps like dustbowl. I mean we could put up the most popular map up but not many people would see it because of quickplay anyway.

Do keep in mind that it's a lot about opinions, some people are glad to see dustbowl go, and see good but less popular maps like viaduct make an appearance, people have been playing probably far too much, and have played enough goldrush to last them their lifetime :lol: At this point I really want to play custom maps for a change aswell, but when we play customs we lose out quickplay players for the duration of the custom map, and some people don't like the download, if we continue to grow with regular players we will probably arrange custom map nights, but I do have some fun events planned for summer :mrgreen: and the tf2 might beat us to that with the new Robot gamemode so don't worry about events :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 13:31 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Also yeah I seen that Banana, could speak to anna about doing a testing night for them all and then do our votes, but we only have until 6th of June :o

ca 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 16:48 
Geek (776)
I would love to see some thundermountain, also, could turbine be tossed in?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 17:29 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
canadacanucks01 wrote:
I would love to see some thundermountain, also, could turbine be tossed in?
Turbine might be a possibility is we fix the class limit for engineers, depends if enough people want it.

fi 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 17:53 
Pretty useless (64)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Also yeah I seen that Banana, could speak to anna about doing a testing night for them all and then do our votes, but we only have until 6th of June :o

Some maps looked nice, im in for the testing if im just around then.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 18:10 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
the thing about custom maps... well, we put a whole bunch of new custom maps into the SpApoints menu a while back. as cool as some of them were, with the occasional exception of pl_cashworks they never get played for fear that they empty the server (which they do). unless we had a dedicated custom map server for them it doesn't really work: a server which, unless we advertised it on sites like TF2maps, which basically means that we're catering to an entirely different community from our own anyway, would be about as dead as NoCrits always is.

the thing about Goldrush and Dustbowl is that if you wanna be playing an Attack/Defend map or a Payload map, why on earth would you choose those ones over Badwater, Upward, even Gpit, or just about any other map in the game that does the same thing but without grinding to a halt at every chokepoint? you might as well stick a sign on Dustbowl Stage 3 that says 'Welcome to the land of spam and chokepoints! Don't expect to be going anywhere except the spawn room for the next 15 minutes of your life.' Goldrush isn't quite as bad for this... until you try and push the last cap. then it's just grating. i don't care how much you like the rest of the map, *nobody* enjoys the eternal chokepoint-stalement cycle.

whenever this happens, i can guarantee you this: on a fullish server, random people will join for about 5 minutes, get bored, leave. teams are constantly cycling around a core group of players on each team who are trying to get things done whilst a bunch of useless randoms stick around for all of ten seconds before disconnecting and heading somewhere else. it doesn't *really* fill the server and it certainly isn't fun for anyone participating.

i honestly don't think that these maps are fun, that it's just a sort of nostalgia for the people who've been playing this game for a while. it's like the Hydro effect - people see Hydro come up, go "Oh man, I haven't played this map in ages!", and then realise that it's actually terrible. it's not as drastic as that, but still, i really can't see why we should have Dustbowl/Goldrush in the mappool, far less why anyone would want to play them over the squillions of other, far better maps that we have :s

---

a note on thunder mountain: i love that map, but we have the servers set up so that one map doesn't go on forever and ever. that means that whenever thunder mountain comes up, you might only see about three rounds worth of gameplay (if you're capping quickly). it's enough time for BLU to cap all of the points, on a good day, but they won't get a chance to defend. it's a bit of a shame, esepcially considering that it costs alot of SpApoints, but we can't change the server config on a map-by-map basis and it's a config that works pretty well 99 percent of the time, so we can't do much about it really.

de 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 20:12 
Pretty useless (90)
hi
it´s not that i wanna have dustbowl in the rotation for any costs, my problem is more that maps like gravelpit are featured twice
i know A LOT of people that don´t like fastlane gravelpit gullywash and some more
i am not asking to fully kick these maps, but to put sth cool in like thundermountain so we have more switching :18
btw i never suggested 2 fort. i would never suggest 2 fort.
(and i love viaduct)
and junco : i´m watchin you :wink: :ugly: gonna take this as a promise that you gonna make up some nice events with the spa gang ;)
everyone has another opinion but the good thing is that there now is some feedback^^ saw that post stale for a long time^^
i think we all know that it isn´t ideal how it now is :viva la revolution: (just kidding ;) )
feedback ftw ^^ :4

ps: i got it you don´t like dustbowl ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 22:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah some good points Scatter, I never understood why people would buy dustbowl knowing it's 70% chance of having a very unfun game, and then people who buy it (or vote for it on other servers) will even quit halfway through. It's like capri suns, I keep opening one to drink and then I remember that they taste horrible :lol:

See for me carrot, as far as I know gullywash and gravelpit are appreciated for their good map design and play, and even see a lot of play in comp tf2. If I was under the impression people didn't like gravelpit believe me it would be out :P but I'm quite certain it's popular, I know it has a lot of people who disike it, but not many people really hate it with the burning hate people like me have for dustbowl haha I learnt a lot from servers that use a voting system, it seems that the more seasoned players hate goldrush, dustbowl, and 2fort. I know you don't want 2fort but they are just like it in poor design and bizarre popularity. Like Scatter said we don't want the players who join for goldrush who will play for a few minutes here and then never come back, we want the players who'll see we have a good variety of maps to play on and that we don't cycle through the same typical maps, and they will revisit the server and become valuable to us.

See the best players who fill servers, post on forums etc. are often found on no crit servers cycling through some custom maps and avoiding dustbowl like the plague, however these servers are incredibly difficult to fill and don't get many new players. The complete oppsoite is 24/7 dustbowl 32v32 servers which you'll see crammed full of people (god knows why) so we need a balance between these two extremes to get some valued seasoned players, and make it welcome to the new dudes too.

Don't worry I'm determined to do something fun for summer :mrgreen: but yeah I am listening to what you're saying if I get more and more feedback on stuff I should change I would probably just change it.

de 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 15:21 
Pretty useless (90)
see you´re right junco: there are a lot people that only dislike gullywash, fastlane gravelpit and stuff(like me[sometimes fun but mustly ... blargh])
the point is if i have to play these maps they find lets say meehh 1 time an evening or maybe up to 2 times (yes i spend a lot of time on the server :P ) most can live with it
but these maps that a lot of people don´t like but not really hate are the main rotation and come 2 times
and i got it it doesn´t has to be dusbowl or goldrush but something popular like thundermountain or what. ever.
i don´t wanna have all the maps changed or sth just want some more in the rotation
i mean fastlane gravelpit gullywash they all feel exactly the same when playing
and to the capri sun^^: for me it´s with these maps like when see a full diaper: you know what it is and you get exactly what you expect when you open it :P
and you can´t tell me that gravelpit doesn´t get stuck: sentry jumper on the one points roof 2-3 sentrys and a tele that´s it^^ :ugly:
btw what i see A LOT when the server is low on players: build a lvl 3 sentry, get kills feel like a king empty the server
i don´t know what to do against such a thing but it is annoying AS FUCK (amiright babbman? ;) )
i understand you junco but what is the balance now? empty servers untill somebody calls out the spa army in the steam group? :(

de 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 15:53 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
I like dustbowl and goldrush for sniper training. :mrgreen:

Besides that I prefer any of the other maps over them. :18

ca 
PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 15:22 
Geek (776)
Hydro? I never really found a server that plays that map, even though it looks like a ton of fun!

nl 
PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 15:26 
Community slut (13473)
Hydro :26 (I'm even being mentioned in a song in combination with my love for Hydro :mrgreen: )

gb 
PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 15:32 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Hydro is probably the most unpopular map in tf2, I have mixed views on it. You really have to know the map well and know what doors close and open, who's defending who's attacking and from where, it just becomes chaotic and too random for people who are not familiar with the map. It's an interesting gamemode and it's a shame they wont use it again in future, I don't mind Hydro but having everyone running around like headless chickens makes it hard to enjoy.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 19:06 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
...or you can use your spa points and buy it :5:

de 
PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 21:46 
Pretty useless (90)
,,and play with three ppl^^