Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:31

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 16:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well it seems there are a bunch of us struggling furiously playing with this broken ass mod, so Cardboard and I came up with an idea: Why not all get together on one server, meet up and do something fun. Not sure what exactly we'll do - maybe take over Elektro and see how long we can hold it or something :twisted: or try and build a helo and massacre everything :4 - but simply having a bunch of us together, on mumble, should be a laugh.

So, is there a time that everyone is likely to be free? If people who are interested can make a post letting us know their Time Zone so we can work out a good server and the best time to try and make it happen that would be awesome. Also might be worth checking who is on what patch for OA and for DayZ.

Any takers?

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 16:39 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
yes! now this i like the sound of. i should be free pretty much all of next week apart from tomorrow and Thursday. maybe aim for everyone to get patched up to the latest release before Saturday, and then have a go at it during Saturday afternoon on a UK/EU server so that we have decent pings and it's still daytime? let's see who's free when first :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 16:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Also worth considering the Virginia servers (assuming they have just been reset and we don't mind playing 1.6) as they are a good midpoint between us and those in Aus and other far flung places. Also a lot of them (specifically the 15s) run an inverted time so its daylight on them when its daylight in the EU

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 19:14 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Am up for this, perhaps rendevous somewhere further from the coast, I have a lot of nice gear I don't want to lose :P

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 19:21 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Am up for this, perhaps rendevous somewhere further from the coast, I have a lot of nice gear I don't want to lose :P
Well I will be where I always am at Stary :D

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 11:05 
Crap at posting (45)
Yeah, this game is much more fun playing with friends :D

This is day Z. This is your story.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 11:07 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dougy85 wrote:
It's always fun playing with friends, even if its a game as broken as this :D
Fixed that for you :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 11:10 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
As an update on server choices, it seem that the Virginia servers do not get reset that often and as a result, the lag can be hideous even with low pings. Playing last night with Energy and Junco was more or less impossible thanks to Rockets amazing network code as it only seemed to update our position to each other every 2 minutes meaning that we all just aggro'd Zeds wherever we went.

Freshly rebooted server needed but that means we will need to embrace the retardation that is 1.7, something I have still not gotten to work. :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 07:40 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
After a little playing (in the dark) I've now procured another silenced M9, and an M4A3 CCO (I think). I took these of dead people; I watched them kill each other. From their tents (for they had many), I took a tent pack and some ammo I have 5 clips for the M4 and 2 for the M9.

While setting up a tent, I encountered a new bug making it harder to set up tents. I worked out how and broke my leg in the process. I also, accidentally, duplicated the tent.

SpA now has two tents. I'd like to set these up on a server we all can play on in light somewhere relatively safe. Fill them with ammo, food, and starting gear, nothing that we wouldn't mind being stolen. I no a place that gets little foot traffic north of Stary near the airfield, a place where I found tents the other day with AK's and lots of ammo so I feel they'll be relatively safe. Its also pretty easy to find.

Day 1 hardly any kills.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 08:52 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
After a little playing (in the dark) I've now procured another silenced M9, and an M4A3 CCO (I think). I took these of dead people; I watched them kill each other. From their tents (for they had many), I took a tent pack and some ammo I have 5 clips for the M4 and 2 for the M9.

While setting up a tent, I encountered a new bug making it harder to set up tents. I worked out how and broke my leg in the process. I also, accidentally, duplicated the tent.

SpA now has two tents. I'd like to set these up on a server we all can play on in light somewhere relatively safe. Fill them with ammo, food, and starting gear, nothing that we wouldn't mind being stolen. I no a place that gets little foot traffic north of Stary near the airfield, a place where I found tents the other day with AK's and lots of ammo so I feel they'll be relatively safe. Its also pretty easy to find.

Day 1 hardly any kills.
Nice! Glad you got your silenced pistol back after that farce of a day we had and glad you got an M4A3 CCO - its just fantastic - an assault rifle with enough range to be sniped with (now if only it could have its fire rate changed like its supposed to be able to).
Hit me up this morning when you are ready and we can get the tents placed on a likely server and start filling them up! :4

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 13:44 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
We didn't pick up from the other night, prone in the bushes by Stary Sobor :P

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 14:51 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
prone in the bushes by Stary Sobor :P
+1

Defo up for more team play on this game. Playing solo is a little tedious now, especially with it being so dog eat dog out there. At least if one gets shot the team can try and keep some of the loot and survive.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 21:30 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Yeah I am around Stary too and loaded with stuff. Don't really want to start abandoning kit so when are people up for playing next? I keep asking people but everyone is being vague...

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 15:18 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Yeah I am around Stary too and loaded with stuff. Don't really want to start abandoning kit so when are people up for playing next? I keep asking people but everyone is being vague...
Howsabout we pick a Saturday so everyone can get on a bit earlier than usual? I can ask around if people are up for it tomorrow if you don't get the chance (hopefully everyone knows what they're doing in the next 24 hours :ugly: ). I don't know all the Americans/Australians that would be interested and all of the people that tend to play with Kaos but I can ask the usual SpA lot at least.

How does this sound for a plan?

Be in mumble for 12:00 GB - that's 20:00(ish) Australia, 9:00 US East Coast, 6:00 US West Coast. We pick one of the standard-time US servers; one with the latest patch and is empty enough for us all to pile into at the same time, probably New York, but Chicago or something if we have Aussies joining us. People start to gather at the meet spot. There's a few of us logged out outside of Stary Sobor (I think, might be Novy), it's fairly equidistant from all points along the coast and it's a pretty good base to get tooled up from, so it makes a decent starting point. We can give people about an hour here to get their patches sorted out and to join up if they're not in already, or time to do some supply runs if they're already in-game: after that, we get going on whatever our crazy mission is, and if the people of the upside-down realm don't mind staying up into the wee hours we can go about it for as long as we like :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 16:10 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Nooo how about sunday? :( or both?

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 16:50 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Nooo how about sunday? :( or both?
I play most days, Junco, so I am up for any of the above.

I am now back at Stary after getting sniped and losing everything (my M4A3 ACOG! NOES!) and just been harassed by a ATV in Vybor :shock:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 10:42 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Cardboard and I have now picked a spot and set up camp. We have 3 tents between us so are looking to put a tent up in the same place on 3 servers so we have stuff on hand.

First tent is up in US 18 which runs at -6 GMT. I wont say where the tents are exactly here - we will let you know in game.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 12:17 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Anna shot me in the head.

That is all. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 16:29 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
Anna shot me in the head.

That is all. :ugly:
Wasn't me....

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Rejoice SpA's tent city now has four tents plus 4 more not set up, ammo, starter gear, medical supplies, meat and weapons All credit to Howard for raiding the every available local resource and an oddly profitable trip that ended with a raid on other peoples tents.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012, 14:09 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well pretty much no one turned up, at least not more than once, and all the kit that we collected got raided last night, the car taken and snipers are watching our base.

So that's over.

Good to see that DayZ still isn't a game then... sigh

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 00:00 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well this died. Smaller flash in the pan than I thought.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 00:16 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'd play some more when I get round to solving the issue with that ip.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 01:27 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I'd play some more when I get round to solving the issue with that ip.
Well the server we were on is void so that is hardly an issue