From here
Quote:
HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.5
* dayz_equip 1.3.3
* dayz_weapons 1.3.2

Developer's Note:
* A designation of [NEW] doesn't necessarily mean a new feature, 4chan, it means a change in operation not directly related to a bug. Could be for better performance or rebalancing.

Changelog:
* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
* [FIXED] Trying to pick up a hatchet would create fake ammo (now will not)
* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
* [REVERT] Hatchet now collected as an Item (toolbelt) and can be equipped to primary (gear action)
* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)
* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)
* [FIXED] Melee weapon sounds non-existent/terrible (now has placeholder sounds)

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.4
* dayz_equip 1.3.2

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Performance issue with equipment proxies (improves FPS)

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.3
* dayz_weapons 1.3.1
* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.
* Big thanks to JoeKurtz for his excellent bug reports

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)
* [FIXED] Unconscious UI Image displays incorrectly
* [FIXED] Bleeding never stops unless bandaged (chance of spontanious bleeding stopping now works)
* [FIXED] Interior infected spawning inside of building walls etc... (interior infected now spawn inside correctly)
* [FIXED] Speed not correctly utilized for checking stealth levels ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33630 )
* [FIXED] Posture error can occur on stealth check ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33628 )
* [FIXED] Config error messages on popup (Caused by legacy classnames, error handling implemented to prevent this)
* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)
* [FIXED] Massive lag and desync on some servers (mostly caused by the invisible replicating magazines)
* [REVERT] Nerf of sickness damage (now will reduce your blood to 6000 rather than 10000)
* [FIXED] Losing blood from starvation/dehydration cannot receive transfusion ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33677 )
* [FIXED] Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)
* [NEW] Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are
* [FIXED] Flies still heard around removed/hidden bodies ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33472 )
* [NEW] Significant loot rebalancing
* [FIXED] "Fus ro dah" melee (now should be the correct release files)

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.2
* dayz_weapons 1.3
* dayz_equip 1.3.1
* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:
* YES: I know this hotfix has content in it. It was content that didn't make it into the last update, and some of the fixes are bundled with this content, so it was easier to release the content than try to remove it.
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.
* NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: MELEE WEAPONS ARE QUITE UNDER POWERED CURRENTLY. THEY WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. EACH HAVE DIFFERENT DAMAGE VALUES.
* ALSO NOTE: Melee is just in testing. They may not stay, they are just being tested to see how they perform. They are missing their sound effects, and tweaking of effects also.

Changelog:
* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions
* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)
* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)
* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)
* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)
* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
* [NEW] Maximum animals increased
* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
* [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound
* [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

HOTFIX : 17 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.1
* dayz_server (only for server admins)

Developer's Note:
* Performance issues were associated with loot cleanup not working. This has been fixed.
* Each time you start a new character, you will get the gender selection dialog.
* INFECTED AND LOOT RESPAWN IS STILL QUITE BUGGED. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. BUT IT SHOULD BE MANAGEABLE NOW.

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)
* [FIXED] Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)
* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)
* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)
* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)
* [FIXED] Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)
* [FIXED] Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)
* [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)
* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased
* [NEW] Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected
* [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)
* [NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking
* [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)
* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character
* [FIXED] Toolboxes aren't spawning (classname error in loot table)
* [NEW] Small tweaks to AI zombie routines to improve performance
* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)
* [FIXED] Infected will stay in one place after losing line-of-sight (now will loiter)
And thus his "design" plan of "break the game through random updates" (his words not mine) continues unabated and the fans froth louder and louder. Has the erection of the statue in Rocket's honour already begun or are tehy still picking out a nice plot of land? :lol:

gb 
 Post subject: Re: 1.7.1 Patch notes
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 14:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
This sounds quite good doesn't it?

Only thing I'm bothered about though is the reduced spawn items, I thought they were fine. Do you really not even get a gun or food? This means hitting immediate coastal towns to be sniped by people already setup. Surely you keep the makarov? You can't melee or anything.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 14:51 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
This sounds quite good doesn't it?

Only thing I'm bothered about though is the reduced spawn items, I thought they were fine. Do you really not even get a gun or food? This means hitting immediate coastal towns to be sniped by people already setup. Surely you keep the makarov? You can't melee or anything.

Good? :D So, given that one of the main issues (of the many, many thousands) with this mod was the spawn camping, you think this is good? Now when you spawn, you don't even have the chance to fire back at the smug, giggling 8 year-olds who shoot you instantly on the beach. And if, like Rocket, anyone thinks that reducing the items you spawn with will reduce the amount of spawn killing, then you are just as fucking dumb as he is. No one has ever spawn killed for what the other person is carrying, they have spawn killed just to fuck up someone's day.

As for the rest of it: zeds can already one hit kill you, so his answer is to make them MORE powerful with a longer reach? :shock: Yeah - superb. So, when coupled with the crippling lag (that he has made not one tiny attempt to fix) you should be dead before you even SEE the fucking zeds this time.

Good game, Rocket. Good fucking game. :5: :demm:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 15:06 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Well yeah like I said, it was only the spawn kit I think he's bollocksed up, and that coastal towns will be even more of a void, although you can't afford to avoid them without food.

The zombies though, I can't really say if he's made them too strong, but four issues have potentially been fixed. Zombies wont rush you because one spotted you in a windowless house and if they could, they could no longer rape you through the walls, the spawner wont be dropping them on your head, and now you can actually hide from them, perhaps seeing the end of Benny Hill chase scenes?

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 15:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Well yeah like I said, it was only the spawn kit I think he's bollocksed up, and that coastal towns will be even more of a void, although you can't afford to avoid them without food.

The zombies though, I can't really say if he's made them too strong, but four issues have potentially been fixed. Zombies wont rush you because one spotted you in a windowless house and if they could, they could no longer rape you through the walls, the spawner wont be dropping them on your head, and now you can actually hide from them, perhaps seeing the end of Benny Hill chase scenes?

Speaking to Kizron, who was playing it as we chatted, he confirmed that the zeds now do indeed give up the chase if you can get some distance between you and them. The issue still is, however, that they are faster (he is adding another level of sprint for them), still lag like nothing I have ever seen in any game before, and could already hit you from 10 plus metres (due to lag) and could already one-hit kill you before hand. Now, if you get within range, you are certain to be hit, you will always bleed (this confirmed by MANY reports on the DayZ forum) and there is every chance that you will simply be knocked unconscious immediately. Add to that the increase in aggro range (crawling 10+ metres away will now aggro) and it just becomes retarded.

If he would just get whoever wrote his code for him to address the idiotic, catastrophic, game breaking lag, tehn he can do what he likes to the Zeds. I do not care how fast, aggro happy or powerful they are if I have even the TINIEST chance of actually HITTING the fuckers, but given I, my client nor the server has a bloody clue where they actually are in relation to me, the entire situation has been made hopeless.

Lest we forget as well that the most common ammo in the game now has no use. He has taken out the spawning Makarov but not added in spawn places for the gun itself and with the reduction in spawn of the Cz and the Winnie, you are gonna be relying on the other (fucking terribly modelled) handguns and the simply useless Enfield. It is literally farcical.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 17:07 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
So I sacrificed myself to find out how hard it would be to survive from spawn now solo. 5 spawns 5 deaths almost before I managed to get into a town and find gear.

You know I swear this used to be the be the best game experience around. Apparently not any-more.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 19:04 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well, we have been playing a mod designed by someone with no coding experience, no game design experience and who never intended his work to be for public consumption. Now it has been released and lapped up with immense speed by the public, he has panicked and realised that not only has he got no talent to progress the project any further, he has no ideas on how to progress the project further, thus falling back on these ridiculous claims of his that DayZ "is not a game" and that he will "break the whole game through updates". He has stated that he wil continue to randomly change things, like a retarded monkey before a set of dials, until everyone is driven away. He has actually stated that he does not want this game to be a game.

The man, as I have said many, many times, is a fucking moron but what makes it even worse is the frothing fanboys that defend him. Sure I can accept those (like, for example, Pepsi and kaos and their mates) who acknowledge the flaws with the game but are having such fun fucking about that they don't care, but those who would actually defend him, who mock those of us who would council a more organised development schedule as being "not hardcore enough"; those people just need their breathing privileges removing.

My only hope through all this is that someone else, utterly unrelated to this project, takes the ARMA 2/3 engine and makes a working game in a similar vein. DayZ is just doomed and that is saddening.