Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:30

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 07:07 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
This is a list of various suggestions and things that I think would make the server a lot better. I've only been on it a week, and these are some things that just really stand out.

1) The spawn area is very convoluted and, as a newbie, you'll wind up totally confused.

2) Bedlam is a mess right now unless you run far out into the woods (And if you do, you might as well just play single player, because no one will be around). Most animals are dead, most trees are gone, and mobs roam freely.

3) The starter kit needs some more items. A wooden sword so you can adequately defend yourself from mobs and some Bonemeal so you can grow Trees/Crops if all the nearby ones have been harvested would be nice.

4) The market, though having massive potential, is really out of the way and tedious to get to.

5) Very limited access to the Nether is an incredible annoyance and stops most player progression in it's tracks. Without easy, steady Nether access, you can't farm the Netherwart needed for potions.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 13:01 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
neo_shadow_01 wrote:
This is a list of various suggestions and things that I think would make the server a lot better. I've only been on it a week, and these are some things that just really stand out.

1) The spawn area is very convoluted and, as a newbie, you'll wind up totally confused.

2) Bedlam is a mess right now unless you run far out into the woods (And if you do, you might as well just play single player, because no one will be around). Most animals are dead, most trees are gone, and mobs roam freely.

3) The starter kit needs some more items. A wooden sword so you can adequately defend yourself from mobs and some Bonemeal so you can grow Trees/Crops if all the nearby ones have been harvested would be nice.

4) The market, though having massive potential, is really out of the way and tedious to get to.

5) Very limited access to the Nether is an incredible annoyance and stops most player progression in it's tracks. Without easy, steady Nether access, you can't farm the Netherwart needed for potions.
Hi and thanks for coming here to post your thoughts. AS you can see from all teh talk around here, we are already very much looking to change the operation of the server and your views, as someone who just joined us and has a fresh opinion, are very valuable. :5:

I agree with all your points bar the last one to be honest. The Nether was deliberately made hard to get to, specifically to slow down the creation and proliferation of potions so that they would remain the most expensive items in the game, thus ensuring a high end to eh economy. I am pretty sure that whatever changes eventually take place on this server, the Nether will never be as Notch intended. Firstly, it is WAY too easy to get there and secondly the system of Nether portals can be used to screw up other peoples builds ( as the returning portals you build on the other side can just pop into existence anywhere). I personally like the current Nether as it adds a sense of adventure to the game: it is a genuine risk to go there now in search of ingredients. If we do get rid of it though, it will be replaced by very expensive, server run shops that sell all the unique Nether items.
It kind of a shame it has to be like this but the core design of the Nether is very poor and the there is a need to make some things hard to reach or there is just struggle.

Please do get involved with the discussion though and give us any ideas you have. Change is coming and we want to make this server as good as it can be. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 13:36 
Doesn't get out much (376)
With the whole moving everything to homestead thing, we could make the nether fortress much easier to get to and much harder to traverse. Right now we've gone for a set up where it's just a bunch of the nether dropped down onto bedlam, if we make the structure actively a challenge in some way that could balance out even as much as giving it a portal of it's own if we make it hard enough.

It might encourage people to invest in fire resistance potions when going to the nether as well.. oh which reminds me. Next time you're on can you switch the nether fortress res to container t. Last time I was there it had been changed back to f and there's no hope of people finding the SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE inside the fortress with container off.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 19:25 
Pretty useless (94)
Frimple wrote:
Last time I was there it had been changed back to f and there's no hope of people finding the SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE inside the fortress with container off.
I found that quite a while ago ^^ However as you said I couldn't actually open the chests. :P It was quite anti-climatic!

[21:00] <[Patogy]> *bends over jammy*

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 22:37 
Doesn't get out much (376)
TheJamDaMan wrote:
Frimple wrote:
Last time I was there it had been changed back to f and there's no hope of people finding the SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE inside the fortress with container off.
I found that quite a while ago ^^ However as you said I couldn't actually open the chests. :P It was quite anti-climatic!
I'll give you a set next time I see you.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 22:39 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Frimple wrote:
TheJamDaMan wrote:
I'll give you a set next time I see you.
Yeah he will you lucky dog you!

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 02:52 
I don't mind the Nether Portal Fortress being hard or the Nether itself being hard. That's fine.

What I do mind is the 10-15 minute walk to get there. Even with Speed Potions and Boats, it's really irritating and is genuinely wasted time. I've only made a few trips there because it's so tedious of a walk, even though I would love to go there for the challenge of hunting Blazes, Ghasts, and Zombie Pigmen.

I'd be satisfied if there was a portal somewhere near the spawn that took you to the general vicinity of the fortress.

Ditto for the market. I tend to avoid going there to shop until I have a ton of money because it's, at minimum, a 1 or 2 minute walk.

Other than that, I'm having fun in Homestead. Mobs can still be dangerous, getting materials is still a challenge, and there's still plenty of undeveloped land.

Bedlam, however, is a mess and needs immediate attention. It's hard to build anything lasting without getting raided or being nowhere near anyone. And it's gotten especially since people seem to like getting iron weapons and armor, then using the Dynamap program to spot and gank newbies to steal resources.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 12:09 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
neo_shadow_01 wrote:
I don't mind the Nether Portal Fortress being hard or the Nether itself being hard. That's fine.

What I do mind is the 10-15 minute walk to get there. Even with Speed Potions and Boats, it's really irritating and is genuinely wasted time. I've only made a few trips there because it's so tedious of a walk, even though I would love to go there for the challenge of hunting Blazes, Ghasts, and Zombie Pigmen.

I'd be satisfied if there was a portal somewhere near the spawn that took you to the general vicinity of the fortress.

Ditto for the market. I tend to avoid going there to shop until I have a ton of money because it's, at minimum, a 1 or 2 minute walk.

Other than that, I'm having fun in Homestead. Mobs can still be dangerous, getting materials is still a challenge, and there's still plenty of undeveloped land.

Bedlam, however, is a mess and needs immediate attention. It's hard to build anything lasting without getting raided or being nowhere near anyone. And it's gotten especially since people seem to like getting iron weapons and armor, then using the Dynamap program to spot and gank newbies to steal resources.

But if you can get to the nether easily, then the Nether is easy to get to...?

Also Bedlam is called Bedlam for a reason. How else could it be used (ignoring the fact that we are likely getting rid of it).

us 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 21:09 
If Bedlam is kept the way it is, I think it needs to be wiped clean every month or so, so that the area near the Bedlam spawns doesn't start looking like a disaster area and so the mobs/trees near the spawn aren't all exterminated.

It really, really sucks to go there as a new player.

It doesn't help that certain players like to raid/grief Bedlam at around 3 AM, when no one's awake to defend their stuff. I've seen this on SEVERAL occasions. It's one thing to go on occasional "Raids" or whatnot, but to consistantly raid almost every night. Not cool.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 22:13 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
neo_shadow_01 wrote:
If Bedlam is kept the way it is, I think it needs to be wiped clean every month or so, so that the area near the Bedlam spawns doesn't start looking like a disaster area and so the mobs/trees near the spawn aren't all exterminated.

It really, really sucks to go there as a new player.

It doesn't help that certain players like to raid/grief Bedlam at around 3 AM, when no one's awake to defend their stuff. I've seen this on SEVERAL occasions. It's one thing to go on occasional "Raids" or whatnot, but to consistantly raid almost every night. Not cool.
I agree its a mess but it is the only solution to NOT having that grief an destruction happen to the main world. The whole idea of Bedlam has been missed along with most of the ideas I built into this server.

We don't just need a solution that works - this server works perfectly, its just not used - we need a solution that everyone will stick to. Like I say, I'll implement whatever changes are the most popular but I assure you - I guarantee you -= that in 2 months time, everyone will be back here, complaining that the server does not work.