Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:47

All times are UTC+02:00

ca 
 Post subject: Neather teloport comand
PostPosted: 06 May 2012, 22:22 
Illiterate (4)
Hello i am sazzy4o. I think you should add a neather teloport comand (a comand that will teloport you to the neather such as /neather, /neather teloport or /tp neather for many reasons.

1. players in homestead are far away and will have a hard time geting to the neather

2. Many players will use it and may make the PIE more popular

3. Most player i know dont know where the neather even is

thankyou for your consideration

sinserly
sazzy4o

gb 
PostPosted: 06 May 2012, 23:00 
The one and only (619)
As Howard or someone will no doubt say the point of it being in the middle of bedlam is that it is meant to be really hard to get there as potion creating would become to easy and those kinda of ores / blocks that come from the nether will be more valuble.

us 
PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 05:01 
Doesn't get out much (376)
I'm willing to believe that a number of guests and [R] don't know the nether fortress is there, we may be able to do something about that, I'm less able to buy into the notion that it's hard to get to. 99% of the time you've got a clear run from the boats to the fortress, it's a short distance and any dangers you face are not likely to be the equal of those inside the nether.

If you can't get there you're not going to do well in there.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 03:03 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
Requiring 10 minutes to get to the Nether is incredibly boring, feels like a grind, and is a downright waste of time. It's making the Nether stuff artificially rare. When you want to make potions, get some serious combat in, or get rare items, the Nether is where you go. And since it's access is basically strangled, you get everyone stuck on the normal world, potionless and grinding mobs at night for XP.

It's probably my #1 complaint on the server. This is the first server I've been on where the Nether is just plain tedious to get to. Not hard. Tedious.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 09:42 
Has learned to write! (152)
too add on to what neo is saying the 1 nether entrance is also makeing that area of the nether pretty bare.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 12:15 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
And as usual, everyone is posting problems and no solutions.

The Nether HAS to be hard and HAS to be hard to reach otherwise the items obtained there have no value (and potions are the most powerful thing in the game). We also cannot and WILL NOT return to letting people build their own Nether portals so, what do you lot suggest? Come on, if my idea is so wrong, what is your solution?

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 17:10 
Geek (839)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
what is your solution?
Ok, here's an idea, but not sure how hard it will be to set up, or if it will even be acceptable, but we have the "/nether" command, but YOU have to set it, (like /home) and the cool down time will be awhile, a week? Month? That way it makes it a bit easier to travel to, but I'd you want to go often it still takes some time. So to set it, you could use "/nether set" or such. You wouldn't be able to go to others nether, but still an easier way.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 18:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Arbogeddon wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
what is your solution?
Ok, here's an idea, but not sure how hard it will be to set up, or if it will even be acceptable, but we have the "/nether" command, but YOU have to set it, (like /home) and the cool down time will be awhile, a week? Month? That way it makes it a bit easier to travel to, but I'd you want to go often it still takes some time. So to set it, you could use "/nether set" or such. You wouldn't be able to go to others nether, but still an easier way.

...what? I don't even understand your suggestion.

fi 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 19:03 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Arbogeddon wrote:

I think he means that once a player has walked to the Nether, they can set a warp point like /home set and use it e.g. once a week to get to the Nether by teleporting - which renders it fucking useless, might I add.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 19:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Samiak_ wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

I think he means that once a player has walked to the Nether, they can set a warp point like /home set and use it e.g. once a week to get to the Nether by teleporting - which renders it fucking useless, might I add.

If that is what he means then...what part of "it eneds to be hard" confuses him? Seriously why is everyone playing a game called "SURVIVAL Mulitplayer" yet expects it be Hello Kitty World?

I just will never understand.

fi 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 21:53 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:

If that is what he means then...what part of "it eneds to be hard" confuses him? Seriously why is everyone playing a game called "SURVIVAL Mulitplayer" yet expects it be Hello Kitty World?

I just will never understand.
Well, Hello Kitty is a cute brand, but it makes me agitated too to see someone praise it.
If you see my hint.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 00:20 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
well a lot of people aren't entirely sure whether or not there is a nether fortress. Maybe a directional sign from the Bedlam boat would be helpful?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 02:00 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Ivanosauros wrote:
well a lot of people aren't entirely sure whether or not there is a nether fortress. Maybe a directional sign from the Bedlam boat would be helpful?
Yeah 'cos the players here have NO issue at all reading signs... :roll:

fi 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 08:41 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Ivanosauros wrote:
Indeed, that would require them to be able to read too - something we really can't expect from the lot of them...
How about a plugin of sort, like /help (I know that's already in use, but something similar) that'd tell 'em what to do and where to find something... Just a thought.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 12:18 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Samiak_ wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Indeed, that would require them to be able to read too - something we really can't expect from the lot of them...
How about a plugin of sort, like /help (I know that's already in use, but something similar) that'd tell 'em what to do and where to find something... Just a thought.
So they can't read a sign, can't read the rules, wont use the forum, wont use the Dynmap but they learn to use an entirely new plugin? Really?

fi 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 12:48 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:
So they can't read a sign, can't read the rules, wont use the forum, wont use the Dynmap but they learn to use an entirely new plugin? Really?
It could be passed along among the rules. Another possible solution would be to have a bot answering privately to their stupid questions.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 21:11 
I think you may have a different idea of "Difficulty" than the players.

To me, "Difficulty" is having the nether be a dangerous place. "Difficulty" isn't having it require a tedious, boring, 10-15 minute walk to get there...

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 23:24 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
neo_shadow_01 wrote:

To me, "Difficulty" is having the nether be a dangerous place. "Difficulty" isn't having it require a tedious, boring, 10-15 minute walk to get there...
No, my definition of difficult is the same as everyone else's. Having to walk there means you need planning. You need to set out with the right gear to ensure that you can a) deal with the nether and b) deal with the PVP/mobs on the way. Also it requires for you to have paid some attention and have set your home before you left so you can get back when you are done.

What you are saying- in a round about way - is you want it to be easy. Fighting and surviving in SMP is monumentally easy - travelling, planning and actually thinking: that's the hard stuff

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 04:44 
[SpA]Howard wrote:
neo_shadow_01 wrote:

No, my definition of difficult is the same as everyone else's. Having to walk there means you need planning. You need to set out with the right gear to ensure that you can a) deal with the nether and b) deal with the PVP/mobs on the way. Also it requires for you to have paid some attention and have set your home before you left so you can get back when you are done.

What you are saying- in a round about way - is you want it to be easy. Fighting and surviving in SMP is monumentally easy - travelling, planning and actually thinking: that's the hard stuff
But it's not hard. Seriously. I can get to the Nether Fortress with the starter kit. Wait until dawn when all the mobs die off, then head in a straight line to get there. It's not hard at all.

It's literally a boring 10-15 minute walk. You're making it seem like walking in a straight line for 10 minutes is an epic challenge. It's not. It's boring, it's un-engaging, and it's really needless. Hell, to show how non-difficult the journey is, I could get a few thousand cobble and build a bridge there, where mobs wouldn't even be able to touch you.

I have no clue how you think it's even remotely hard, unless you're being foolish and going out at night. If I had FRAPS working right, I'd record a video of it for you. It's literally walking/boating in a straight line.

The Nether Fortress itself, I like. It's a challenge and will DEFINITELY weed out the ones who can't handle it. It's the freaking billion mile walk to get there that I'm complaining about.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 20:40 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
neo_shadow_01 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

But it's not hard. Seriously. I can get to the Nether Fortress with the starter kit. Wait until dawn when all the mobs die off, then head in a straight line to get there. It's not hard at all.

It's literally a boring 10-15 minute walk. You're making it seem like walking in a straight line for 10 minutes is an epic challenge. It's not. It's boring, it's un-engaging, and it's really needless. Hell, to show how non-difficult the journey is, I could get a few thousand cobble and build a bridge there, where mobs wouldn't even be able to touch you.

I have no clue how you think it's even remotely hard, unless you're being foolish and going out at night. If I had FRAPS working right, I'd record a video of it for you. It's literally walking/boating in a straight line.

The Nether Fortress itself, I like. It's a challenge and will DEFINITELY weed out the ones who can't handle it. It's the freaking billion mile walk to get there that I'm complaining about.
But do you not think that a command that took you to entrance of the Nether Fortress just makes everything that much more ezy-mode? This is the kind of thing we need to decide. We need to decide how Nether will function on the new server. If I am wrong, then I am wrong.

us 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 21:05 
Not EZ Mode. Just "Not walking for 10 minutes" mode. I'm really not trying to be an ass about it, so I'm sorry if I'm coming off like that, but to get to the Nether, I seriously just wait until daylight, gulp a swiftness potion, then hold down W for ~10 minutes until I reach the fortress.

Until I get to the fortress, there's nothing engaging for me during the journey. I know the way well enough that it's like a freaking drive to work instead of an adventure or big survival expedition. It's literally just 10+ minutes of busywork that I could spend doing something else.

It's not one bit of a challenge for me until I actually hit that Fortress. Then I have fun. Dodging Blazes, running to the portal. Then dodging Ghasts and taking down hordes of Zombie Pigmen. That's fun for me. Not walking. I guess that's my point.

It's kinda a similar issue with the market. Why would I spend all that time walking to the market when I could probably just get the stuff myself or find someone on the server with it who will teleport to my house and sell it to be immediately?

The market has very little point when it's not convenient to get to. The chest shops are great. One of the best plugins I've seen. But if there's no easy way to get to the market, it takes a huge incentive out of using that. It's a chore to go all that way to stock your market stall, and an equally big chore to go all that way to the market looking to buy something (Especially when no one might be selling it or it may be sold out!).

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 22:10 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I know you are not trying to be an arse and I am glad you are talking about it. The issue is that this self righteous entitlement that MCers have is just insane. the idea that they should be able to get anywhere instantly is so mind bogglingly dumb I can't even find the words to insult it. Like I say, we can change the server any way we want: turn on /spawn, add a load more portals, but we have been down that road before and I got shouted down by EVERYONE.

As I have said time and time and time again, you need to think about it more and come up with a complete solution. Turning on 1 thing in SMP can break 10others.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 18:30 
Well, one solution would be to make Portals require something to work. Either a cash fee or items such as Ender Pearls.

That way if you want to get somewhere faster, you have to pay at least some sort of fee. It'd also make the currently-underused Ender Pearls have a purpose.

be 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 19:10 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
We tried something out like that on the previous map with babel, the plugin broke however :(