Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:39

All times are UTC+02:00

be 
 Post subject: Re: Spawn city
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 22:53 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Guys, you say you don't know how to get to spawn, but how did you get where you live now then? If you say you swum all the way and then walked all the way then touché, but anything that floats just looks plain ugly. If anybody can access it it can get griefed as well.

Sorry for saying this, but tear it down.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 23:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
1) We have a map. Use it.
2) Any thing that even RESEMBLES that skyway will be torn down tomorrow at 9am GMT and if I find it is attached to a "town" (lol) or build, I will remove it entirely.

You have been warned.

Also, you are a total idiot for even THINKING of building this...

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 01:10 
Illiterate (3)
Tiger isn't an idiot. You are. Try walking from the southwest corner to spawn city. It takes 20 freaking minutes. how the hell are we supposed to get to spawn city or the market without dieing on our way there. Ever since you deleted the /pa junco it's impossible for some people to go to the market or anywhere. When are you going to see that Tigerdragon180 is trying to to contribute to the server

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 01:19 
Has learned to write! (152)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
look ill tear most of it down for now...but pat think of it this way...some of us dont live near the ocean and at least want a safe walk every once and awhile to the ocean and they dont all look ugly if they are actually finished and decorated...but for now im removeing most of it...

just remember some of us are at least thinking of trying to improve the server even if they arent successful...i gusse its better than nothing

also thanks for makeing your home public barbearian...it helps alot being right next to a portal to spawn (similar to what i suggested earlier)
howard in case u missed this im tearing it down already....except for the part that was built in OUR area...it doesnt disturb anyone else and has been there long enough without u saying anything...so dont tear that part down if it wasnt a problem for u for the past couple weeks. Seriously howard all i did was try something...it didnt work out so im takeing it down (also think before you call someone an idiot...i hear it makes people less creative and willing to help you in the future)

P.S
me gambit and neo all got to where we are from home invite's...cod invited me to build near him and i invited those 2

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 01:56 
ok howard someone has already taken out the new part of the skyway all thats left is the part connecting my area, gambit's and neo's...its been there for over a week and we like it...please leave that alone...i mean seriously it doesnt affect you at all, it has had no complaints, and its in our territory...i will be up at 5 am eastern time to argue with your about it if you really want to push for the original walk way's destruction

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 04:48 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
Walking across vast tracts of land is for neaderthals. We've evolved a bit beyond that. Sky bridges, walled-in walkways, and tunnel networks are the way to travel in style and safety.

Heck, the server doesn't even have any roads! How embarassing is that!?

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 04:57 
Crap at posting (40)
I know you took this "skywalk" down tiger but I'm going to debate the point further. If you want a skywalk then that only benefits you, doesn't it? You have access right to it. What about the people who are far away from it? Should they have a walkway to spawn too? You are only doing this for YOUR personal gain. Not the servers. You only care if you can make it easier for yourself. And a freaking 20 minute walk?! That's nothing!!! Considering that you can't figure out to bring food and tools to get to spawn, then how will you even be able to build this? And there is a thing called "dynmap" It's there so you can use it and make the trip a little more tolerable. I suggest that you use it. Instead of complaining.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 05:10 
stesser i was hopeing to branch this out to other areas of the map once i figure it all out. also not all of us want to use dynamap, seriously have u ever noticed 1/2 of the people dont know what dynamap is or how to use it! all i was wanting was to provide people with some type of road system that is semi safe from mobs and leads directly to the places you were wanting it to go, yeah it started in my area but if u read any of this i was wanting this to have other stops at some point.

seriously people all i was trying is to set up some type of real info-structure to our server...

new plan....lets drop the subject and declare spawn city dead?

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 05:13 
Crap at posting (40)
I think that spawn city was already dead. And that would be one heck of a bridge. And what about the communities that don't want it? You would have a LOT of bridge to go around. And then who decides where the bridge will make a stop? What if we have EVERY SINGLE house with 1 person wanting a stop? Then what would you do? And would you plan to res all of this? Griefers would LOVE this.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 06:04 
stesser im trying to let this die but if u really want to know i didnt want it to have stops at communities or houses....i wanted it more like generic stops with it traveling around the maps and to the portals and spawn....you know for those of us who dont build near either portals or the ocean...

i was thinking just something that leads around the map and to the main things of the server which yeah it would still pass some good builds around the map since it still has to cut into the middle to reach either portals or the spawn or even the market.,,,the stops would be like generic stops in different biomes and stuff for people to enter or leave and explore new parts of the world

fi 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 07:21 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
gambitzx89 wrote:
Tiger isn't an idiot. You are. Try walking from the southwest corner to spawn city. It takes 20 freaking minutes. how the hell are we supposed to get to spawn city or the market without dieing on our way there. Ever since you deleted the /pa junco it's impossible for some people to go to the market or anywhere. When are you going to see that Tigerdragon180 is trying to to contribute to the server
Sigh... We all walk. Try picking the day time, you'll have quite a freaking long time before the night. From where I live it takes about seven minutes to get to the boats. Don't call Howard stupid when it's not his fault when some people can't use their legs. It's survival. Yes, I admit it, I complained about /pa junco. Now it's taken down. Yes, I used it too. And? I'm not whining. I'm grateful. Weeds out lazy bastards, to be honest.

I don't care if you make a tunnel, but a visible skyway is just plain fugly. A road might be good, as long as it doesn't float in the middle of nowhere. I myself used to have a railway in a weird, long glass tube - guess what happened to it :U I finally realized how stupid it was and Howard was joyful to be able to delete it. I mean really joyful.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 09:57 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
The deal with Homestead is that you protect what you build and build what you CAN protect. You are utterly ignoring the ideals and rules of the server. Moreover, huge cobble lines all over the map look ugly as fuck and server little purpose - you didn't even light them to stop mob spawns so you may as well have walked along the ground. Roads are an equally retarded idea as they will be CONSTANTLY griefed, will never be protected, look ugly and restrict where people can build as the map is divided up like a frigging chess board. :roll:

As to it taking ages to get anywhere, which part of USE THE TELEPORTERS is confusing you all? No one is expecting you to walk from the bottom of the map to spawn - there is never a need to do that. Walk to the fucking TELEPORTERS and TELEPORT TO SPAWN. How else can I put this so you understand? :shock:

Final point - you have a problem with a map that doesn't let you teleport everywhere? Then why did you all vote to get rid of the last map? First thing I did when setting up SMP here was build Babel, letting everyone teleport anywhere on the map. I also ensured you had home and spawn commands to get you about.

YOU ALL COMPLAINED ABOUT IT AND MADE ME REMOVE THIS. :evil:

How the server is now is YOUR FAULT and YOUR DECISION. If you do not want this, get your ass into the main debate and start suggesting how things should be but DO NOT just yell you want teleports. As I am constantly trying to explain to people here, you have to look at the whole picture. Instant travel KILLS THE ECONOMY and increases GRIEF and PVP 100 fold. But you lot wont even think about that. You'll just scream and bay until any part of the map - the nether included - can be gotten to in 1 second flat then come on the forums and cry your hot little tears when all the precious stuff you mined is worth nothing and when all your precious, sprawling builds get griefed and when all your precious loot is taken from you 5 times a day as you cannot escape PVPers and constantly get killed.

- Decide what you want.
- Make your case.
- If it is workable/usable/sensible/legible it can be implemented.
- Don't come crying to me when it all collapses.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 19:03 
ok howard i have a suggestion...first i want to explain something to you talk about the portals and all but the thing is the average player doesnt know how to find them....and before u scream about dynamap or how its our job some of us never uesed the portals to get out and most players who try dynamap dont know about the little symbol for the portal that says western...i mean all i saw for the longest time was a zone that says Kahari desert...until today i didnt even know there was a portal there...just figured it was another zone....

my suggestion is make a topic on the forums explaining dynamap for everyone! go in depth with this man! explain how to change worlds and how to identify a portal and everything you can about dynamap since apparantly its the solution to every problem on here. i mean yeah i gussed my way threw it and had to explain it to others but i would rather be able to send them a link to something thats alittle more indepth than what ik and can explain.

for the record the only post about dynamap i've seen was just asking for its url...no explanation of what it really is.

be 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 19:36 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
How will people read that topic if they don't read the forums? Also, the portal icons are new since today, I made them because of this.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 20:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
ok howard i have a suggestion...first i want to explain something to you talk about the portals and all but the thing is the average player doesnt know how to find them....and before u scream about dynamap or how its our job some of us never uesed the portals to get out and most players who try dynamap dont know about the little symbol for the portal that says western...i mean all i saw for the longest time was a zone that says Kahari desert...until today i didnt even know there was a portal there...just figured it was another zone....

my suggestion is make a topic on the forums explaining dynamap for everyone! go in depth with this man! explain how to change worlds and how to identify a portal and everything you can about dynamap since apparantly its the solution to every problem on here. i mean yeah i gussed my way threw it and had to explain it to others but i would rather be able to send them a link to something thats alittle more indepth than what ik and can explain.

for the record the only post about dynamap i've seen was just asking for its url...no explanation of what it really is.

OK, I'll concede that you may have a point in that there could be, in general, more help on the foums but for the love of GOD: Its a MAP! If you cannot work out how to use map then I gotta wonder. Moreover, some of those portals have been there since the map was created and there was a thread announcing the rest. We can only do so much to educate players: they have to help themselves too, you know.

I am not trying to push aside your input, Tiger - at least you are here when most of the player base is too damned lazy to even log into our forums - but seriously, neither myself or the admin team is here to spoon feed you, mate.

That said, I do grant it has been very quiet on SMP. Since I stopped playing most of the OPs did too and the chat has grown very quiet. No one talks or shares info any more so I can understand that can lead to people not knowing what is going on if that is how they are used to finding out about things. :(

us 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 20:56 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
On the subject of the forums...

Why is there not a sticky on here for Dynamap? I mean, I know it's under "Guides and Announcements" already, but putting a sticky here (With "Dynamap" in the title instead of just "Server Map", since everyone seems to call it Dynamap), even if it just links to that other topic, would get newbies right to Dynamap without having to search.

This is the "Questions" forum, and "where do I get dynamaps pls???" is a pretty common question...

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 22:07 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
neo_shadow_01 wrote:
On the subject of the forums...

Why is there not a sticky on here for Dynamap? I mean, I know it's under "Guides and Announcements" already, but putting a sticky here (With "Dynamap" in the title instead of just "Server Map", since everyone seems to call it Dynamap), even if it just links to that other topic, would get newbies right to Dynamap without having to search.

This is the "Questions" forum, and "where do I get dynamaps pls???" is a pretty common question...
Because thsi is the wrong place for it. Again, if people are gonna act that dumb and not look in the place marked GUIDES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS then I can't help them.

Further more, Dynmap is synonymous with SMP - all servers have it - all of them. If people don't know about it by now...

Plus the constant announcements in game. FFS - we tell people about it - stop making out we don't. :roll:

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 18:51 
Howard to be honest i hadnt heard of dynamap until i was on this server...

And i do agree with neo on the point of renaming the topic in appeals...when we tell someone to look for dynamap in the forums they dont notice the topic 1/2 the time unless they go to "server suggestions&questions".

Also im not asking you to spoon feed me im asking you to consider that our average player isnt as old as you think....yeah they probably dont know how to use a map, at the very least they dont know how to navagate dynamp like u'd expect...it appears the idea of multiple maps and view styles confuses people and the concept that they can read about residences is also an issue.

On the point that the portals have been there since the new map you must take in to consideration that alot of us took a break from smp or are new players....how would they know the portals have been there? or where they are? i get that there is a thread about the new portals but if ur an average player u'll stop at "transportation" and give up. I do like the portal icons in dynamap though they are a good idea and seem to clear up alot after u explain what they are.

be 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 19:09 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Howard knows that the average minecraft is 10 :)

fi 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 19:18 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
heldplayer wrote:
Howard knows that the average minecraft is 10 :)
Whaaaaaaat? I thought it was 6...

tigerdragon180 wrote:
Howard to be honest i hadnt heard of dynamap until i was on this server...

And i do agree with neo on the point of renaming the topic in appeals...when we tell someone to look for dynamap in the forums they dont notice the topic 1/2 the time unless they go to "server suggestions&questions".

--
I hadn't heard of Dynmap either, but that's because it didn't exist when I started playing Minecraft...
Aaanyway. What is this "topic in appeals" you are talking about? And why the hell would someone go to Server Suggestions & Questions to look for the Dynmap? The topic about the map is in Supported Games » Minecraft » SMP » Guides & Announcements, the topic in question being SMP Browser Map. SMP. Map. How hard can it be? Pfft. For the map itself there is this funny little link that can be passed along in the game itself (it can even be clicked!) - http://tinyurl.com/SMPdynmap.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 20:44 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I have no idea what this topic in appeals is called. Its the second post in the Guides section for crying out loud!

LINK

Tiger I know that the average player here is pretty young and I know, as I said earlier, that things have been a bit slipshod of late. I'll take what you say on board when launching the new server.