[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
The nether - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:51

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: The nether
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 04:38 
Crap at posting (36)
I think you should allow the nether so that there is an alternative to get certain blocks easier plus it could be an opportunity to show off your building skills by making a nether base/castle. Plus it would give the players a chance to find better places to build and cultivate our skills.
Please and thank you
Gardoure

us 
 Post subject: Re: The nether
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 04:45 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
gardoure wrote:
I think you should allow the nether so that there is an alternative to get certain blocks easier plus it could be an opportunity to show off your building skills by making a nether base/castle. Plus it would give the players a chance to find better places to build and cultivate our skills.
Please and thank you
Gardoure
I think we all love the nether. But, at this time, the plugin we are using for our portals causes problems with the nether. Hopefully this won't happen on the new map.

au 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 07:48 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Its not the portal plugin at all, it can be fixed to use with the nether

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 09:34 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
mbl111 wrote:
Its not the portal plugin at all, it can be fixed to use with the nether
No it is the portal plugin - well partly.

Mostly its that I think the Nether is a total fucktard screw up of a place and I never want to have it on the server.

It's eminently griefable, contains the stupidest Mobs of a long list of stupid mobs and serves no purpose at all.
The Nether was invented solely as a means of transportation and it does that terribly.

I can think of no reason at all to have it put in and unless one is brought up it will never happen.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 12:58 
Doesn't get out much (376)
At the moment the nether is the only source of:

Netherrack [excluding a level of excavation in MCMMO no-one will ever see]
Nether Brick
Nether Fence
Ghast Tears
Blaze Rods
Soul Sand

Personally, these are all items I feel we can intergrate into the server in other ways (through shops) or do without entirely. Given that is it really worth adding considerable strain to the server?

pt 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 13:43 
Geek (697)
If we would ever have nether on then building in it should be Off, would work as a hunting place for anyone in need of money and wants to take a risk (maybe make it possible to mine in it with a refresh option after a X amount of hours/days, but I doubt it's possible).

au 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 14:41 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
JMPanty wrote:
If we would ever have nether on then building in it should be Off, would work as a hunting place for anyone in need of money and wants to take a risk...
Agreed..
JMPanty had a point if we do end up having the nether, it should only be there for hunting and mining, no building. ( we could do this by changing a few settings around and players under the rank of supop can't build in the nether, BUT can kill, and destroy anything that isn't zoned )
Frimple wrote:
At the moment the nether is the only source of:

Netherrack [excluding a level of excavation in MCMMO no-one will ever see]
Nether Brick
Nether Fence
Ghast Tears
Blaze Rods
Soul Sand

Personally, these are all items I feel we can intergrate into the server in other ways...

Indeed...
What is the point of having to option to 'sell' netherrack, if we can't even obtain this type of block?

When we update the map, we'll have all these blocks and interesting gadgets, that we won't be able to use...
[SpA]Howard wrote:
...contains the stupidest Mobs of a long list of stupid mobs and serves no purpose at all.
The Nether was invented solely as a means of transportation and it does that terribly.
But,
Howard does have a point, when the 1.9 is introduced we'll have a "long list of stupid mobs". But, that doesn't mean these mobs won't drop anything that isn't of great importance to the game.

Anyway that's just my little speech of boringness... Enjoy your day...

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 14:57 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Frimple means have server powered shops that sell the items, not just shops that YOU sell the items in.

The nether is pointless beyond measure. Sure, all this crap with potions will end up with us soon (well not seeon to be honest, given that Notch is such a TINY LITTLE DINOSAUR ARMS) and at that point we shall cross that bridge. For now the 1.9 map will NOT have nether.

If - IF! - it becomes utterly necessary (a value to be judged by me) and it - IF! - people clear out Storage VERY quickly once the new map is instated, I will consider putting a VERY VERY VEYR small nether map in. The problem is that the Nether works in such a fucktard way its very hard to control size. Making it so you cannot build is not the issue - blocks take up no more memory than air. the problem is that the server will already be running 2 maps - both of which are vital - and adding a 3rd map for (as far as I am concerned) entirely pointless reasons will just strain the hell out of the crap hardware we have now.

The stability of the 2 main maps exponentially outweighs the addition of Nether

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 16:46 
The one and only (619)
So 1.9 Is now pointless as all the materials you need to make potions etc are in the nether >.<

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 19:22 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ZEnergy wrote:
So 1.9 Is now pointless as all the materials you need to make potions etc are in the nether >.<
As far as I am aware, the potions are in 1.10+ so that makes no sense from the get go.

Also, if you think potions are the main call of the game and that it is pointless without them then you need a CAT scan.

pt 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 19:24 
Geek (697)
How about making Bedlam in the nether? Would be a fitting scenario lol

We could run a few tests to see how "big" it can be or just forget about it if it really isn't possible. (maybe they'll integrate new drops for mcmmo to be able to get the rest of the nether drops?)

us 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 20:48 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
ZEnergy wrote:
As far as I am aware, the potions are in 1.10+ so that makes no sense from the get go.

Also, if you think potions are the main call of the game and that it is pointless without them then you need a CAT scan.
No, in the 1.9 Pre-Release 3, potions are ingame.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 21:20 
The one and only (619)
Well, with Spoutcraft you can change fog colour server side so everyone entering a specific zone will see red fog which may allow bedlam to be in the actual world.....

Also im not saying that potions are the main call im just saying that 1.9 is a nether update so there wont be much difference between 1.8 and 1.9 apart from the nether stuff... unless we get FalseBook Cauldrons working then we can add some new crafting recipes. Oh! and maybe customize MCMMO so nether stuff drops from other blocks!!!

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 21:29 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ZEnergy wrote:
Well, with Spoutcraft you can change fog colour server side so everyone entering a specific zone will see red fog which may allow bedlam to be in the actual world.....

Also im not saying that potions are the main call im just saying that 1.9 is a nether update so there wont be much difference between 1.8 and 1.9 apart from the nether stuff... unless we get FalseBook Cauldrons working then we can add some new crafting recipes. Oh! and maybe customize MCMMO so nether stuff drops from other blocks!!!

1.9 is not a nether update. It implements what should have been in 1.8 (endermen, NPCs) and revamps biomes totally

be 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 13:48 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
ZEnergy wrote:

1.9 is not a nether update. It implements what should have been in 1.8 (endermen, NPCs) and revamps biomes totally
Then why does the nether have new blocks, enemies and abandoned structures in 1.9 Pre-release 3?

And NPCs are going to be fully implemented in 1.10, not 1.9 since in 1.9 they have no specific AI.

Endermen were already implemented but were too weak...

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 14:11 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
heldplayer wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Then why does the nether have new blocks, enemies and abandoned structures in 1.9 Pre-release 3?

And NPCs are going to be fully implemented in 1.10, not 1.9 since in 1.9 they have no specific AI.

<sigh>

Endermen are being redone as teh first implementation was broken. He announced that NPCs WOULD be implemented in 1.9 though he may have gone and changed his mind again. Adding a few new blocks does not equal "HUGE NETHER UPDATE OMGXXORS!!" and even if it did, the nether is stilla piece of shit and has no place in a properly run server.

Argue all you want, misunderstand all you want, it wont change shit.

au 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 14:29 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
What about the new 'ender realm', sounds interesting and from this it looks pretty dIfferent as well... Oh... And it might have dragons!!! :4

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/259- ... tors-more/

pt 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 15:34 
Geek (697)
The "ender realm" and every other "sub realm" will be the same as nether; same problems.

As for dragons..that looked like a piece of flying cardboard..

be 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 17:07 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
JMPanty wrote:
The "ender realm" and every other "sub realm" will be the same as nether; same problems.

As for dragons..that looked like a piece of flying cardboard..
That's because they don't have a skin yet.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
heldplayer wrote:

<sigh>

Endermen are being redone as teh first implementation was broken. He announced that NPCs WOULD be implemented in 1.9 though he may have gone and changed his mind again. Adding a few new blocks does not equal "HUGE NETHER UPDATE OMGXXORS!!" and even if it did, the nether is stilla piece of shit and has no place in a properly run server.

Argue all you want, misunderstand all you want, it wont change shit.
But me wants!1!11!!one!1

pt 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 20:57 
Geek (697)
I didn't mean by the color, even a blind person could tell it's missing a skin. I meant the shape.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 01:00 
Doesn't get out much (376)
ender wha ? OK that sounds cool, I know nothing about it but it's related to endermen so I already love it.

If only endermen weren't shit :(

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 15:16 
Crap at posting (30)
If the nether is a pain, but we still want resources, couldn't WorldEdit be used to replace some sections of the normal map with nether?

Or perhaps something like a corruption plugin, that will alter small areas of the map (y<60) so it resembles the nether. (Assuming something like that exists.)

cz 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 16:06 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
pretty much what will probably happen is no nether but we will have the items that are coming with the nether in the shops so you will still get the items but no nether as

1. its useless and stupid

2. creates more strain on the server

personal i dontn see why we should put it in the server as it is useless

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 19:01 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
As of the the update, the nether is quite relevant to the game now, probably not worth the server strain to have one, but nether bricks/blocks, blaze rods, and other nether resources need to be acquirable via some means in the overworld. Would be nice to find vines, and lilypads through similiar means.

pt 
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:29 
Geek (697)
Maybe, if what Seedling said could be done on the Bedlam, other than that just shops.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 20:52 
Illiterate (11)
I say they make a ship at spawn city that takes you to the neather so its not a payne finding the neather portal.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 20:56 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Ever looked at the date of this, Sonic?