Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:21

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 23:54 
Illiterate (11)
i might have a idea that can help get the server more popular... y dont we make a spleef areana or battle areana and on a spucific day have tornoments happen and there would be prizes for the winner. This could also be advertised to cause lots of people to join the server. This could also help rank people up so that there would be more ops to watch the server... plus if theres problems they have trusteys deal with the bad heads.... you also have to remember that its summer so there probably out of town. I think this is a good way to keep the server entertaining so people will stay on the server.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 01:32 
Doesn't get out much (376)
Sonic Sniper7 wrote:
i might have a idea that can help get the server more popular... y dont we make a spleef areana or battle areana and on a spucific day have tornoments happen and there would be prizes for the winner. This could also be advertised to cause lots of people to join the server. This could also help rank people up so that there would be more ops to watch the server... plus if theres problems they have trusteys deal with the bad heads.... you also have to remember that its summer so there probably out of town. I think this is a good way to keep the server entertaining so people will stay on the server.
We have this already, a failure of leadership on someones part has held this back.

Edit: -_- did I really just quote the OP in the very next post.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 03:16 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Because, as Frimple already said, we have this and it is not the thing that will bring nor keep people here.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 20:43 
Illiterate (11)
what if they let gests have anouther place where they can build that has plugins like the original server from 1.8... this seems like a problem not having a place for gests to be safe from grifers and steelers... even i thought it wasnt fair to give poor protection to gests when i lived in the bedlam... I think the reason there quitting is because there place gets destroyed or stuff gets stolen, Maby if there was anouther place for gests that has plugins the player amount would increase like in the original server. Thus more high rank people to watch over the other players. Plus with the lack of high rank players, I think new set of leaders would be smart. I dont mean kick the old ranks but look for new ones to insure no server problems.

fi 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 21:17 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Sonic Sniper7 wrote:
what if they let gests have anouther place where they can build that has plugins like the original server from 1.8... this seems like a problem not having a place for gests to be safe from grifers and steelers... even i thought it wasnt fair to give poor protection to gests when i lived in the bedlam... I think the reason there quitting is because there place gets destroyed or stuff gets stolen, Maby if there was anouther place for gests that has plugins the player amount would increase like in the original server. Thus more high rank people to watch over the other players. Plus with the lack of high rank players, I think new set of leaders would be smart. I dont mean kick the old ranks but look for new ones to insure no server problems.
What I could gather from that messy post of yours is that you want a safe place for Guests to build, is that it? We already have it - the Hub. All it takes is the small matter of registering on our forums, then applying for [R]. Not so hard, eh?
      As for new officers... We have a few Veterans, it would indeed be a delight seeing more. More Operators would be nice too, in my opinion. Why aren't there more? Well, we might just have a lack of suitable players. All this is just speculation, as I really don't know anything :L I have to admit that being an Operator on SMP would be a nightmare. Always having to run around, helping folks...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 22:04 
Illiterate (11)
Thats y people are Quiting. They are to dum or lazzy to register so there stuff and place gets destroyed and they Quit. Even in the hub players stalk other players so they can kill or steel from them in the bedlam. thats y i want a place where guest can be safe from grifers, killers, steelers ect. The hub is just a place where new players get lost because they don't want to read.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 22:09 
Illiterate (11)
what im trying to say is that we need a safer inviroment for the gests so they feel right at home and lator register.

us 
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 00:42 
Geek (733)
Sonic Sniper7 wrote:
what im trying to say is that we need a safer inviroment for the gests so they feel right at home and lator register.
The whole point of bedlam was so guests would want to have a safe place to live.. That would be the point in registering.

us 
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 05:02 
Illiterate (11)
Thats true, but most people dont register strait away and get stuck with the grifed bedlam. Thus there stuff gets stolen, Thus they quiet the server.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 04:46 
Likes to type... (229)
Sonic Sniper7 wrote:
Thats y people are Quiting. They are to dum or lazzy to register so there stuff and place gets destroyed and they Quit. Even in the hub players stalk other players so they can kill or steel from them in the bedlam. thats y i want a place where guest can be safe from grifers, killers, steelers ect. The hub is just a place where new players get lost because they don't want to read.
This was already discussed (and resolved, I think) in the discussions that have been happening lately. Bedlam will probably be removed.
Guests will be able to play with the rest of us without needing to register, but at the same time, they need to be willing to read, otherwise we just don't want them in the server.

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 20:21 
Has learned to write! (152)
i actually like the theory of bedlam...it does help screen people. i get what ur saying sonic but bedlam is necessary and be glad it screens out people that are too lazy or stupid to apply in the forums...if they are really that lazy then what good would they do for the server?

on another point we dont really need more op's...im happy with the ones we have now, they work good, they are on enough...but they just get bogged down by massive amounts of complaints or stupid issues. its not an issue that more op's will fix because idiots will still be idiots and demand there time for pointless issues.

Personally i like the whole idea of vets. They can do block tracks, they can mod a bit, but they arent being harrassed over every little issue. The ops are good but the vets are our ace in the hole against spammers and griefers who try to take advantage of no op's.