[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
A limit on animals? - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:49

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: A limit on animals?
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 02:11 
Has learned to write! (152)
Today heldplayer came to my area and killed most of my animals saying i should only have 2 of each except chickens...he also visited gambit's area and cut his chickens down by a bit saying the same thing.

im wondering if this is really a rule or something?

i do understand that lots of inactive farms can be a problem with lag and stuff but if we can only have 2 animals then that kinda screws up running a small farm or just haveing a herd to collect leather and porkchops (u cant really do much if u only have 2 animals...i mean u cant sit there and babysit the game to collect leather if u have a life outside minecraft)

if it is a rule can it be changed so its just dont have a full pin or something?...i mean something more reasonable than "an op can kill all but 2 of each type of animal anytime ur on)

im just curious and want to point out the matter since i may have had alot of chickens for my egg farm but i only had maybe 4 cows and 4 pigs, and im not regrow the herd for leather if its going to be chopped down.

au 
 Post subject: Re: A limit on animals?
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 08:11 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Well there has never been a rule like this discussed and I think held went to far with this, however lots of animals do lag the server. I think this is another thing that needs to be discussed before the update.

be 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 12:54 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
The problem with having too much animals alive is that if you have too many other animals won't spawn.

As far as I know for each player there can be 15 animals, so if there are (just an example) 2 players online, the first having a massive farm with over 20 animals, the second having 5 animals then it will be really hard to find naturally spawning animals. Because then there would be only allowed to be 30 animals, 5 animals would wander god knows where and any attempt to find animals would not give any results.

Why I actually started enforcing this is because of the massive chicken farm Samiak_ had, 10 chickens? Ok. 50+ chickens? Not ok.

fi 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 13:38 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
heldplayer wrote:
--

Why I actually started enforcing this is because of the massive chicken farm Samiak_ had, 10 chickens? Ok. 50+ chickens? Not ok.
50+ chickens? Bitch please! There were at least two hundred white little devils roaming around my coop, that's why I had to build an extension :D And the only reason I started hoarding chickens was because no chickens ever spawned in the nature. I had to buy fiveish stacks of eggs (16 = stack), and they sprouted me about eight chicklings. That's when I decided that I would never have a shortage on chickens (= feathers & food) again.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 14:20 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I do see good logic in this, samiak said it also that they had to buy chicken eggs because they couldnt find any chickens, i would say if your going to have a farm then have 2 of each animal and each time one gets spawned (to make 3) kill the third and the cycle continues :D :4

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 20:29 
i have a small possibly terrible plan to solve this "no wild animals" issue...

my only plan is that we let a supop "re populate" the wilderness every once and awhile...by re populate i mean have him go around at random and spawn some wild animals...i try to do my part with the making of wild chickens when i have an over flow of eggs but i cant really do that with pigs and cows. I even set up a shop in the market to sell cheap eggs so others can get chickens (its been bought out several times already).

back to my first point i do think we need to decide/talk/think on an official animal limit...i get what ur saying about the spawning of wild animals but lets face it, so many people have small farms we wont have many wild animals spawning anyways even if everyone is cut down to 2 each. i mean for the longest time i tried to keep mine to a herd of 4 cows and 4 pigs so i could have a good supply of leather or pork, u breed the 4 u get 2 new ones to kill which i thought was more efficient than 1.

be 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 20:33 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
That would be one hell of a job, you know this map is 2000 blocks wide in each direction right? right? :lol:

au 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 20:34 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
heldplayer wrote:
That would be one hell of a job, you know this map is 2000 blocks wide in each direction right? right? :lol:
Challenge Accepted!!

-Yes im being 100% legit with this

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 20:37 
lol if ur talking about the repopulating the map i don't mean it like that :P i mean like spawn a few here and there when ur exploring or walking around or whatever it is u guys do all day :D

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 21:34 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
You can't manually repopulate as mobs/animals are not persistent...

fi 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 05:00 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Start planting indestructible spawners all over :ugly: No...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 05:54 
Likes to type... (229)
heldplayer wrote:
The problem with having too much animals alive is that if you have too many other animals won't spawn.

As far as I know for each player there can be 15 animals, so if there are (just an example) 2 players online, the first having a massive farm with over 20 animals, the second having 5 animals then it will be really hard to find naturally spawning animals. Because then there would be only allowed to be 30 animals, 5 animals would wander god knows where and any attempt to find animals would not give any results.

You're wrong, animals are not affected by the mob cap. Animals will still spawn with normal spawning circumstances (level 9 light + grass), however, it's uncommon.

Why would you start enforcing a rule that you just made up, and has this ever been a problem for us? Of course not.
You're not thinking straight about enforcing these "rules". First the dragon eggs, now this? They are insignificant to the well-being of the server and you're doing more emotional harm than good. The server is fine how it is (for now).

be 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 13:13 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Pizzaman194 wrote:
heldplayer wrote:

You're wrong, animals are not affected by the mob cap. Animals will still spawn with normal spawning circumstances (level 9 light + grass), however, it's uncommon.

Why would you start enforcing a rule that you just made up, and has this ever been a problem for us? Of course not.
You're not thinking straight about enforcing these "rules". First the dragon eggs, now this? They are insignificant to the well-being of the server and you're doing more emotional harm than good. The server is fine how it is (for now).
Yes they are, but I don't expect you to know that as you haven't worked with minecraft code yet. As for the dragon eggs I'll leave that to the op forums.