Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:28

All times are UTC+02:00

Should we use Factions in Bedlam? (Having read the below post)
Yes 81%  81%  [ 21 ]
No 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 26
dk 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 14:41 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I think lwc is needed to make bedlam an appealing place to live
Bedlam needs to be appealing ? :S

I've always just viewed it as Purgatory... Something newcomers must endure to get R and go live in homestead.

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 18:16 
The one and only (619)
[SpA]Spikespiegel wrote:
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I think lwc is needed to make bedlam an appealing place to live
Bedlam needs to be appealing ? :S

I've always just viewed it as Purgatory... Something newcomers must endure to get R and go live in homestead.
To Be Fair If I had to live in bedlam whilst being killed and robbed all the time I would go insane and rage quit the game before I get an R rank. ^.^

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 18:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
ZEnergy wrote:
To Be Fair If I had to live in bedlam whilst being killed and robbed all the time I would go insane and rage quit the game before I get an R rank. ^.^
mm and the thing is not all guests are capslock spamming whiners, and would just leave for good without saying anything. Plus if we're going to want players other than just guests playing there we'll need that basic chest protection, you can't have factions if guests are only guests for a few days and then never return to Bedlam

us 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 18:54 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
you can't have factions if guests are only guests for a few days and then never return to Bedlam
This right here, makes perfect sense.

The problem i see with this factions idea and bedlam idea is that they are two totally different ideas on other sides of the minecraft world from each other(figuratively speaking :P). Bedlam was originally created to make the good guests want to get a rank, and the bad guests to stay there. The idea of factions alters that whole idea. So if factions is the way we are headed, we must rethink everything we originally had with bedlam, even if some stuff will stay the same.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 19:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
You've convinced me, lets remove lwc from homestead then since there's just no need for it.

I think arguments within factions will break out with people saying waaah he stole from my chest! NO! He stole from from mine! Unless the faction allows you to have private chests. I think lwc is needed to make bedlam an appealing place to live, so many guests just don't understand why they've had their stuff taken, and being stole from isn't fun, can't punish ignorance like that.
I actually do think that LWC is a good idea, I just think it has down sides. That aside, if LWC is to be turned on in Bedlam, it will ONLY be for chests but that means that Hub's LWC will also be reduced to chest only locks. This really should not be an issue as people will have factions in Bedlam and Residence in Hub to protect their builds

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 19:29 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
On a side note, I completely agree that Bedlam is driving guests away. As I have said, it was originally put in place to satisfy those that wished to play MC without rules but no one is using it that way.

We do need to make this place more friendly and get away from this ridiculous drive to get ranked. Bedlam could and should be a fun place in and of itself, not a punishment for new guys.

au 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 08:14 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Quick question, If I was in a faction and then I died in Hub (where factions isnt "enabled") would I loose power for my faction?

gb 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 18:00 
Crap at posting (59)
Yeah, right now Bedlam really seems like hell. Griefed to hell, everything visible looks ransacked, and the population consists of 3 guys hiding in opposite corners and one clueless feck who gets slaughtered by the three everytime he stumbles too close.

It just seems a lot like this other server I played where the "guest2 corner was a griefed out piece of dirt and you immediately lost the will to build anything, because next time you log on its probably broken anyhow.

I guess we should make membership mandatory for everyone on the server. You dont have to live and build in Bedlam, but you DO have to be part of one of the Factions. That way there is always someone on newbs can turn to, always somebody there to show people around, and if people have to be part of a faction, maybe they will pay some attention to what happens in Bedlam?

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 06:04 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Heres my problems with Factions, People who dont get accept to join a faction will complain and whine.
Heres the other problem, What would happen to a faction that gets left and is inactive and it takes up alot of land, Would there be a way to remove inactive factions with like a time limit ofhow long it can be left inactive?

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 06:33 
Pretty useless (78)
._. Please no. I dont wanna get my lwc reset. If possible make it only for guests in bedlam. I've played on faction servers before and I dont really like them. I'd always have some group coming to kill me once I started and it seemed one group owned the map which isnt really fair to new players. The first hour of playing on a faction server I was killed and Im sure this will happen to others.

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 06:43 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
adog114 wrote:
._. Please no. I dont wanna get my lwc reset. If possible make it only for guests in bedlam. I've played on faction servers before and I dont really like them. I'd always have some group coming to kill me once I started and it seemed one group owned the map which isnt really fair to new players. The first hour of playing on a faction server I was killed and Im sure this will happen to others.
Adog if we do get factions its not going to reset your Lwc I dont think and There would be alot of changes to the plugins configs
and its for bedlam only

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 16:35 
Has learned to write! (152)
ik im a bit late on this but i have something to point out both for bedlam and the factions...the reason bedlam is such a failure is HOW we are useing it...you want it to be a no holds bared place but we are useing it as a place to bump guests...we should in fact make it more of a choice to go there and have fun and less of a "ur stuck here good luck"

with the factions it will make people actually want to come here just we have to find a way to make factions fair and all.

Bedlam is a good idea and i see now that we are just using it wrong. We wanted it to be a fun no rules place for US to do whatever we want...but we turned it into a garbage shoot for all guest to be forced into...without factions and without changes to how we treat the map (like the whole forcing guest to go there) it will never flourish into what it should have been all along...

us 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 02:37 
Pretty useless (95)
Okay so reading 2 pages of this stuff and then going on a factions server and trying it out has made me confused on what we are doing. So this factions mod would only be in Bedlam, so where I am right now, this "Forest Island" as I've heard some people call it (also Unicorn_XD lives there), would not be within the perimeters of factions? So Unicorn and I would be safe from said factions? But with LWC, from what I've read (like I said confused at this point) is going to start charging to be used? Not cool, bro. Or at least, it isn't cool if it's expensive.
As for the "playing on a faction server" part, I don't really like it. Like adog said, it seems really unfair to new people.
I also agree with Tigerdragon180 and his view on how we are treating Bedlam.

Until my confusion dies down a bit, this is what I have to say, and if what I understand is correct, then my choice for Factions right now will remain yes until(if) someone changes my mind.