Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:53

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 07:34 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Hey guys, awesomefriends56 here, and today I have a solution for you!

The initial analysis: A bug in SOMETHING was causing Minecraft to "Pause" or "ESC" every few clicks of the mouse, most commonly occurring on laptops.

Research: I saw that on my desktop computer it was telling me that my Java plugin was out of date and that I needed to update it, being lazy I didn't. My brother {budsewell} had recently applied this new update and had been seeing this problem. I decided to check into what may be the problem, and I am glad I did. I tried everything else, even deleting Minecraft and re-downloading it. The only other thing was the Java version.

The fix as of Saturday, July 7, 2012: I saw that it HAD to be Java so I decided to compare versions across devices, the most recent Java is Version 7 Update 5, and the last version that didn't have this problem was the one on my PC, which was version 6 Update 31. I uninstalled all other versions of Java on the laptop my brother was using and installed Version 6 Update 31 and as far as I know after spam clicking 100+ times both buttons that the problem was solved.

Closing notes: I will try to keep this updated as newer versions of Java come out but this is currently the only way I know that fixes it. I don't recommend downgrading Java if you're a Mac user unless you plan on disabling your Java plugin altogether seeing the virus that is working it's way onto Macs through the older versions of Java that steals passwords and usernames and other sorts of information...

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2012, 04:42 
Likes to type... (229)
Is this freebuild or SMP?

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2012, 21:28 
As far as I know just freebuild couldn't test it on SMP yet.

us 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 09:00 
Likes to type... (229)
Wom has issues when you use Java 7 because Minecraft Classic is outdated, as it's based off of Java 6. The full game works with java 7 because it's more backwards compatible than Classic. I had been using java 7u5 before and didn't have any issues.
I reccomend uninstalling java 7 and downloading java 6 update 33 here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 37595.html
And of course, install the 32bit version first, then the 64bit if you have 64bit.

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 01:56 
That was stated in the initial post -_-

us 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 05:00 
Bump...

au 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 05:06 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Cool! that's helpful. Thanks for the heads-up.