Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:34

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Tablets
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 21:07 
Community slut (13473)
I am thinking about getting me a tablet. Now I am wondering what kind of tablets have and what peoples experiences are with it.

I don't really want an Ipad, but I'm not really charmed yet from what I've seen on Android tablets.....

Please share :)

us 
 Post subject: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 21:19 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
A friend of mine has a Samsung Galaxy TAB, it seems to run great and seems to be able to play Angry Birds quite well. It is a great system for reading books and the loading times are extremely fast from what I saw. I played on it for a good hour and saw no problems with it, not even a stutter. I don't quite know a price on it yet (don't feel like looking it up either), but it would be worth it.

I have had a great time using his iPad too but you said you don't want one, so my opinion on that doesn't matter. It's over priced anyway :P

I also have had the chance to use the Kindle Fire, it seems to run well also, it's got a nice screen but I wouldn't recommend it for reading books on. The owner of it said that it has a nice battery life, but it's good to keep the charger with you just in case you need it. I think I saw him playing "101 +10 Games" on it just fine.

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 21:42 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Get the Nexus 7, I am getting myself one too, great tablet, great size, good screen, good battery, quad core tegra 3 processor and it' s an official Google product that means you will get a lot of android updates without manufacturer stuff.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 23:40 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
DO NOT get what ever my mom got. It is a android, my toaster can do more. It was a cheap one that she was going to play angry birds on, barely works. From my experiences, bellow $100(Around 80 euros) is gonna be complete shit. So either fork up the money for android or an ipad.

Android has more free apps then the iPad. But, on some android(primarily the cheaper ones) you get some shit app market with little apps.

So either fork up the money for a more expensive android or just get an iPad.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 00:12 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
frankwj1 wrote:
Get the Nexus 7, I am getting myself one too, great tablet, great size, good screen, good battery, quad core tegra 3 processor and it' s an official Google product that means you will get a lot of android updates without manufacturer stuff.

And I forgot to mention it's 250 E and has 32 gigs when its released in the Netherlands.

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 07:44 
Community slut (13473)
bubbajim3 wrote:
DO NOT get what ever my mom got. It is a android, my toaster can do more. It was a cheap one that she was going to play angry birds on, barely works. From my experiences, bellow $100(Around 80 euros) is gonna be complete shit. So either fork up the money for android or an ipad.

Android has more free apps then the iPad. But, on some android(primarily the cheaper ones) you get some shit app market with little apps.

So either fork up the money for a more expensive android or just get an iPad.
Money isn't the issue, I'm not looking for a cheap tablet. I want a good tablet :)

au 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 09:05 
Has no REAL life! (1481)

Those are some pretty good tablets.

But in all seriousness the nexus 7 is a good purchase, better than your average iPad in almost every way.

iPad has a lot more to offer in terms of synchronization with your other apple devices (should you have them). I don't know about Androids being able to do the same.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 14:57 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
I'd recommend checking out the asus transformer prime (tf201 I believe), I get to play with one a lot and it's quite a fun and practical tablet.
It also has a keyboard so you can pretend it's a laptop and do people things ^^
plugging in the keyboard also extends battery life, which is pretty nice.
Only problem is that it is in the more pricey side of the market. But if you check out the other models they do you can still find some pretty nice tablets.
It's nice and smooth for browsing the internet and I have not had any problems with apps lagging so far.

dk 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 17:26 
Likes to type... (290)
Just ordered an "Raspberry pi" :D

But on the other hand - Get a iPad mate. No discussion.

Jailbreak it with absinthe and add some repo´s and you will love it more than your own dick.
http://jailbrea.kr

We got two iPad´s atm and we cant live without them!
Screw android - it´s only good for phones.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 19:16 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Phenomenon wrote:
Just ordered an "Raspberry pi" :D

But on the other hand - Get a iPad mate. No discussion.

Jailbreak it with absinthe and add some repo´s and you will love it more than your own dick.
http://jailbrea.kr

We got two iPad´s atm and we cant live without them!
Screw android - it´s only good for phones.
He doesn't want an iPad...

dk 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 19:56 
Likes to type... (290)
Maybe not - But that´s the only way to go if you want something that just works...............

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 20:08 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Phenomenon wrote:
Maybe not - But that´s the only way to go if you want something that just works...............
The nexus 7 is one of the best tablets out there....

de 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 20:51 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I agree with whiskers. My colleague has one at work. It's basically a tablet with a keyboard. The screen is touch screen and it lifts out of the keyboard so you can just use the screen.

It all depends on what you want it for. I only looked at the Asus because I was interested in getting a tablet, but then I weighed up what I wanted and tbh, the tablet is just an oversized phone without the phone bit. So back to wanting a laptop ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 20:57 
The one and only (619)
Dont get anything by Novatech... all i can say.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 22:05 
Community slut (13473)
Phenomenon wrote:
I have to agree with it. The iPad works flawlessly, however, I just have something against apple :shock:

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 22:09 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Phenomenon wrote:
I have to agree with it. The iPad works flawlessly, however, I just have something against apple :shock:
Me too mate me too :)

de 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 22:44 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
The ipad is just a larger version of the iphone! Nothing special about it at all.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 22:49 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
The ipad is just a larger version of the iphone! Nothing special about it at all.
Well yea, tablets aren't all that special at all. It's just internet on a larger-then-phone screen and much lighter then a laptop. I intend to just use it on the sofa to browse around a bit, but I do want the possibility to mess about with it, and it should be fast and pretty sexy :ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 22:51 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Well yea, tablets aren't all that special at all. It's just internet on a larger-then-phone screen and much lighter then a laptop. I intend to just use it on the sofa to browse around a bit, but I do want the possibility to mess about with it, and it should be fast and pretty sexy :ugly:
Nexus 7, with android 4.1 it is incredibly fast and the thing itself also looks jummy.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 23:11 
Community slut (13473)
frankwj1 wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Nexus 7, with android 4.1 it is incredibly fast and the thing itself also looks jummy.

It's of my understanding that Nexus 7 is a 7" screen device, where i want around 10".

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 02:13 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
frankwj1 wrote:

It's of my understanding that Nexus 7 is a 7" screen device, where i want around 10".
Oh you like 'em big don't you? :mrgreen:

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 09:16 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
frankwj1 wrote:

I would take an Asus transformer or an Acer iconia since the sammy tabs are a bit crap

de 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 18:48 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Wait for a Nexus 10 like I do. :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 22:24 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
I'm also looking for an tablet and i think i'm going to buy an ipad.
I'm stalling the buy already for more over a year now, just because i hate apple. But none of the other tablets have the excellent usability as the ipad :(
I'm really into Android, and was impressed by the Samsung Tabs, but they just don't have it what the ipad has :(

#Don't wanna have that hipster stuff in my house!

We Shall Not Be Moved!

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 23:19 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
[SpA]Unity wrote:
I'm also looking for an tablet and i think i'm going to buy an ipad.
I'm stalling the buy already for more over a year now, just because i hate apple. But none of the other tablets have the excellent usability as the ipad :(
I'm really into Android, and was impressed by the Samsung Tabs, but they just don't have it what the ipad has :(

#Don't wanna have that hipster stuff in my house!
Nexus 7 is the thing for you!
Don't get an iCrap :)

dk 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012, 10:16 
Likes to type... (290)
I totally admit it - Apple and me are not friends.

I only got the ipad´s bcoz of sweet deals..And we got amazed on how they are performing..
iTunes is a bad no no word in my household and once the device is jailbroken i uninstalled it pronto (JB needs iTunes drivers)
added a few repos - bought a few minor tweak app frim within cydia.
Standard surfing + playing a few games + connected to my wi-fi 24/7 = 4-6 days without charging.

No need to buy the iPad3 thou

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012, 18:21 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
not that i have anything against child labor, a healthy economy is one built on the backs of ignorant populous

factish time

Steve jobs (rest his sole) - is responsible for more deaths of under 16 year old children than Hilter
Apple - wont invest in factories outside of Asia because they can not get the same skills any where in the world. (skills apple look for are the ability to be woken in the middle of the night to complete a 16 hour shift for $3 dollars)
cost - the Iproducts cost on average $32 dollars to produce they cost you over 100% of the production and shipping costs......

okay those facts maybe slightly exaggerated but every single batch of iproducts is evil.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 11:50 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
uvpurple wrote:
not that i have anything against child labor, a healthy economy is one built on the backs of ignorant populous

factish time

Steve jobs (rest his sole) - is responsible for more deaths of under 16 year old children than Hilter
Apple - wont invest in factories outside of Asia because they can not get the same skills any where in the world. (skills apple look for are the ability to be woken in the middle of the night to complete a 16 hour shift for $3 dollars)
cost - the Iproducts cost on average $32 dollars to produce they cost you over 100% of the production and shipping costs......

okay those facts maybe slightly exaggerated but every single batch of iproducts is evil.
Rest his sole? Why, what's wrong with his feet?

Also, child labour is simply not used in producing hi-tech hardware. This is what we generally call a wild and fantastical fabrication.

Don't get me wrong, I despise Apple with the heat of a nova but at least use real reasons to insult them, not gossip magazine nonsense.

au 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 13:53 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
I wasnt aware that it was more economical to use impoverished children instead of machines in factories.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012, 13:58 
Doesn't get out much (376)
There was a lot of storm about the working conditions in factories that supply to apple recently and now that it's all settled down the reality looks to be that... the situation is appalling bad, we'd never allow it "here" (where ever you are), if they didn't squeeze their contractors so hard none of this would happen. But also that children are for the most part not working there, people aren't getting bathed in boric acid and spritzed with aerasolized bismuth paste, generally speaking conditions are on par or slightly better than other chinese factories.

That said, every single Apple spokesman or defender, of which there were many, trotted out the ridiculous excuse that "people demand cheaper and cheaper electronics" clearly belied by Apples vast cash reserves handed out as dividends for no other reason than corporate cowardice, and they were never called on it.

As for tablets, the topic, I don't know anything. Get an iPad you can play ticket to ride on it, who cares what you said in the OP, ticket to ride!