Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:06

All times are UTC+02:00

tr 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 20:27 
Has learned to write! (211)
As far as I know, SpA SMP has no entries in vote pages such as xtremetop100. My suggestion is to make a banner competition to become catchy in an otherwise dull server list, and a weekly top voter competition to get our server up in those lists.

Voting should give player some cash(materials would break the economy), like $50 per vote.

Votes would be tracked by some kind of PHP script which SpA's web coders should handle.

Top voter prizes should be some kind of ingame reward, like a diamond tool of their choice, fully enchanted with buffs of their choice, their names in the Top Voters list in spawn and/or a new TV(=top voter) tag which is equal to C tag, kept until someone else becomes the top voter.

Banner competition should be a little more rewarding, since it's harder to win. Maybe a permanent/1 year/6 month C tag, a custom title and/or a massive mansion in a sponsoring town.

Being even in the Top 25 should give us extra flow of players.

<Mono> <PTB3> badrandsteve: ima go in smp for 8 mins then rage quit love u all
<Mono> * PTB1 * badrandsteve connected.

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 21:11 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Mmm, yes, an intriguing idea. I myself don't really fly around teh Internetz, and I rarely vote on anything... Well, if you think it'll work, it's worth a shot. Needs a bit more thinking, though.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

be 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 23:39 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
As we are currently on a temp map, and it will take some time until the temp map is over, we should not attract many people as most don't ever read signs/chat and thus don't know that the map is temporary. Resulting in the new people quitting because they lost their dirt hut. After the temp map though, we can start advertising again! Though the idea of giving somebody a diamond tool because they 'voted' doesn't seem good to me. Neither does the enchantments and the rank seem good. Keep thinking though!

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 03:37 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I use to be part of a community that did that. People voted daily to get ingame cash, only raising that server on the list higher.

Alot of listing websites can work through a plugin called votifier. It allows the webpage to contact the server(If I recall correctly its a special listening port) and it completes any command(s) configured in the .yml file.

The config file can be more advanced aswell, as you get $500 ingame for voting on abcxyz web list and only 200 when voting on 123789 web list. Other then money, you can do any command out there.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 21:51 
Has learned to write! (152)
lol held dont dis the mud huts, if they r made right they actualy look good or r just efficeint :P