Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:57

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 20:40 
Doesn't get out much (366)
Hi All,

Is it possible to separate the voice and game sound into separate channels? I guess what I'm looking for is to have the sound coming out of my speakers and use a headset for voice communication.

I know I can get decent headphones which can do equivalent surround sound (and thanks for the recommendations on another post), but I don't really want to have to keep swapping cables and get stuck wearing a big set of headphones while I play. I'd much prefer to use a lightweight, small headet for voice and keep the surround sound through my speakers.

Does the game support this or is it simply one or the other? :?

Thanks as always ... (assuming the replies are helpful :wink: )

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 22:53 
Community slut (13473)
It sounds like a neat idea, but unfortunatly not possible :(

gr 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 23:23 
Geek (611)
I think it can be done if I understood you correctly. But if you wear a headset and the sound comes from the speakers how will you hear it?
Just plug in the microphone input of the headset to your soundcard and leave the other cord unplugged. Mine headset have 2 cords to connect to the soundcard. I assume all will be the same :mrgreen:

You can buy a microphone instead but maybe your voice will get mixed with the sounds coming off the speakers.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 00:53 
Doesn't get out much (366)
Noxious7 wrote:
I think it can be done if I understood you correctly. But if you wear a headset and the sound comes from the speakers how will you hear it?
Just plug in the microphone input of the headset to your soundcard and leave the other cord unplugged. Mine headset have 2 cords to connect to the soundcard. I assume all will be the same :mrgreen:

You can buy a microphone instead but maybe your voice will get mixed with the sounds coming off the speakers.
My intention was to have sound through the speakers and voice through the headset, but figured it was probably not possible. Thought of the separate mic option, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Either way, looks like I'm going shopping at the weekend :D

dk 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 09:36 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
It's not possible, unless you have two computers, and you run the game on one, and Teamspeak on the other.

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 10:46 
Has no REAL life! (1306)
I have my sterioa and headset connected on the same time, i don't have to swap. (your souncard should have al least 2 exits)
and you don't want to have your sound on your sterio wile talking to others, it wil relay your ingamesound over your mice to the other players....