Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:00

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: Re: My PC stucks D:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 21:05 
Community slut (13473)
Try to do a diskcheck etc. start at the basics.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 01:07 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Yeah, stop using XP you fucking moron.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 01:18 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
What great advice...

Anywho, yeah like saint said; run a disk check, maybe unistall some programs.
It could also be to many programs running at startup. Google "using msconfig to edit start up programs" as there will be better tutorials. Just don't remove stuff your not sure of, if you recognize a program and know that it doesn't need to run at startup, remove it from the list.

Post any updates.

se 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 10:28 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
>implying XP is not the most stable Windows OS there is

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 11:47 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dckjns wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
No stating outright that it is a 15 year old, geriatric piece of fucking shite that is not fit to be used and anyone who is trying to game with it should be taken out back, shot through the lungs and forced to eat ground up XBOXs

us 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:12 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
While XP is outdated, if all you have is XP; you make it work.

Your everyday bullshit amount hot-headed or rage full posts(or whatever goes through your head) shows no support for someone looking for a little computer help. While some find it amusing, people like badr on the other end of the stick have to deal with your unneeded bull shit.

Grant you, sometimes guests need a "fuck you," but not active users who like to play on our servers. They want an answer, as they are having a problem.

au 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:21 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
bubbajim3 wrote:

Your everyday bullshit amount hot-headed or rage full posts(or whatever goes through your head) shows no support for someone looking for a little computer help. While some find it amusing, people like badr on the other end of the stick have to deal with your unneeded bull shit.

Grant you, sometimes guests need a "fuck you," but not active users who like to play on our servers. They want an answer, as they are having a problem.
time and place

this is not it

at 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:30 
Geek (749)
bubbajim3 wrote:

Well when someone comes along with a really old computer that runs on XP and they are looking for help, there's not much you can work with when the computer is that old. It's time for badr to just get a new computer and if that's not possible then he just has to deal with it or just install windows XP again.

There's no point in turning to change how someone behaves, Howard tells the truth but just in a different way then we do. He has the experience and knowledge to back it up and if the way he responds offends people or you then you just have to ignore it or some people will just have to grow up and take it.

se 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:40 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
What are you using your PC for, badrandsteve?
[SpA]Howard wrote:
dckjns wrote:
No stating outright that it is a 15 year old, geriatric piece of fucking shite that is not fit to be used and anyone who is trying to game with it should be taken out back, shot through the lungs and forced to eat ground up XBOXs
Newer games, yes. If you're only playing older games* or using it for desktop work it is perfectly valid.

*refer to the number of real CS & Quake professionals clinging to XP. People deliberately downgrade to XP to get away from the excess BS that Microsoft has added.

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 13:13 
Community slut (13473)
badrandsteve wrote:
I only use it for playing games, my cousin uses it to do work and other, me and my cousin only
uses the computer
Forget the entire discussion above. Start performing your diskcheck. If it doesn't run good after that, we'll take it to the next step.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 16:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dckjns wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Newer games, yes. If you're only playing older games* or using it for desktop work it is perfectly valid.

*refer to the number of real CS & Quake professionals clinging to XP. People deliberately downgrade to XP to get away from the excess BS that Microsoft has added.

And its nonsense like this that keep myths alive. Vista and Win 7 both run CONSIDERABLY faster than the ageing, wheezing, useless piece of crap that is XP. XP is LESS compatible for older games and LESS compatible for any level of hardware. If your machine is so old that it HAS to run XP then it is no longer a PC but a door stop.

Idiotic scaremongering peddled by people who know nothing but wish to sound informed drives me fucking crazy...

se 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 16:45 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
dckjns wrote:

And its nonsense like this that keep myths alive. Vista and Win 7 both run CONSIDERABLY faster than the ageing, wheezing, useless piece of crap that is XP. XP is LESS compatible for older games and LESS compatible for any level of hardware. If your machine is so old that it HAS to run XP then it is no longer a PC but a door stop.

Idiotic scaremongering peddled by people who know nothing but wish to sound informed drives me fucking crazy...
Given the same hardware (this is the premise in OP), please tell me how older games run "CONSIDERABLY" faster on "Vista and Win7" when XP is still maintained.

No need for mad. Maybe spending less hours with your advanced autism simulator Minecraft will cheer you up?

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 17:48 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dckjns wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Given the same hardware (this is the premise in OP), please tell me how older games run "CONSIDERABLY" faster on "Vista and Win7" when XP is still maintained.

No need for mad. Maybe spending less hours with your advanced autism simulator Minecraft will cheer you up?
And maybe not being an uninformed cocksucker who thinks he is too cool for Minecraft would help? Or maybe I should just ban your account as you serve no useful fucking purpose here?

Not even gonna bother replying to you as you are wrong and you will never accept it.

Don't post in this thread again. Anything else you say will be removed.

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 17:54 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
dckjns wrote:

And maybe not being an uninformed cocksucker who thinks he is too cool for Minecraft would help? Or maybe I should just ban your account as you serve no useful fucking purpose here?

Not even gonna bother replying to you as you are wrong and you will never accept it.

Don't post in this thread again. Anything else you say will be removed.
Guy's, cut it out. Strong language provokes strong language. Stick to the topic, help the guy.

us 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 01:31 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Can you give us any specs of your PC? Go to your start menu and find "My Computer" (could be located differently on XP, I'm using Vista) right click on that and go down to "Properties". A window should appear and it should take just a second to do so but it should pull up tward the bottom your: OS, RAM, storage, Processor, etc. Tell us what's there and it may be easier for us to give you a defineate answer as to what's wrong or if it's just a hardware failure.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 11:45 
Community slut (13473)
badrandsteve wrote:
Service pack 3, Windows XP, Pentium[R]D 3.00 Hz 3.01 GHz, 3 GB of RAM .
Did you perform your checkdisk?

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 12:43 
Community slut (13473)
badrandsteve wrote:
yesh, didnt worked :(
Go to start, run, type "msconfig", at the "startup" tab disable everything.

Reboot, see if your problem is gone. If so, enable them again 1 by 1 with a reboot everytime you enable it. Once your problem comes back you have found which program is causing your issues.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 13:46 
Community slut (13473)
badrandsteve wrote:
yup, mah uncle came to fix this, and now it is fixed!, THANKS SAINTIE :3
what was the problem?

us 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 14:01 
Geek (883)
Here's another way to fix it, put chewed gum in the disk drive, It really does fix the computer!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 14:05 
Community slut (13473)
badrandsteve wrote:
dont know, uncle came after and fixed it by giving ur instructions to em' I was out getting some
icecream that time :L
:mrgreen:

Where's my icecream?

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 14:05 
Community slut (13473)
P.s. you didn't fix the problem, you just worked around it. If you enable everything again 1 by 1 you can figure out which program was causing your issues and either remove or update it.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 03:30 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I was about to say, 3GB of ram? Your PC shouldn't freeze up like that with a simple OS like XP:SP3. You may have an infected program if not viruses.