gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 23:03 
Illiterate (13)
Just finished up my Mists of Pandaria review, hope you guys enjoy it. Also hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSVClwyg ... ture=g-upl

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2012, 03:30 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
good stuff man :mrgreen: honestly, with Guild Wars 2 being something of a revolution in the MMO market, for many people it has become impossible to go to/keep coming back to subscription-based Warcraft, unless like yourself you have a deep-seated love of the game or have friends playing there. i can appreciate that Pandaria is better than the dross they've been feeding people since TBC, but i think that it's still too little too late.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2012, 21:19 
Illiterate (13)
Thanks man! I do see what you mean, like I said in the review I think one of the problems is that expansions don't appeal to new players and most people will compare this to Guild Wars 2 and see no competition. There's no doubt that GW2 looks and plays better and it's definitely a great game (hence why I own it) but I know that I could never stop playing WoW permanently, there's just no way now. My soul is sealed in the depths of Blizzard HQ.

no 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 23:01 
Geek (883)
The main thing that made me quit playing wow when MoP came out was because of the talent system.. Well and that i dident have enough money for wow. Like wow is a damn good game. But i think MoP destroyed it. To be honest i think they should have stopped at Wotlk and when they came with cata it was like fine, just don't come with anymore!
I'm sorry to say but MoP made me stop playing wow, so now i play GW2 and its damn good. But GW2 misses something wow had. The feeling you get in wow is something i miss. But they removed all the major spells I had as an lock and my crits in lvl 85 is up to 75k and that is whitout a raid. To be honest i miss data:/

Anyway the review was great! Almost made me want to play it again!

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

au 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 11:05 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
they shouldnt have ever put in WotLK imo. BC was the end of the goodness, and when they started modifying Azeroth itself and removing old-world content during the last two expansions WoW started really sucking for me.

AQ, WC, ZG all changed? And the storyline was advanced in such a haphazard way that I honestly couldnt take it anymore. Between the drama in UC, Orgrimmar changes, shit with Thrall, various political changes, and them killing off Cairne I just didn't want to play it anymore.

The politics, storyline and overall everything (except for grinding, raiding and everything else put in place for multiplayer purposes) would make a GREAT open-world RPG (well, a series of them really), but an MMO? No - there is simply too much happening at once and at its own pace that unless you devote serious amounts of time and effort it's almost impossible to keep up. Take a two-week break and they'll kill off Alextrasza too - it's ridiculous.

Oh well. It was good while it lasted, but the fact is if you're casual you'll never be able to stay with it. imo that's what really destroyed the playerbase. Other than that, great review! It really gets me interested in WoW again ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 12:17 
Illiterate (13)
I'm definitely feeling the love right now for the video :p

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 12:55 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
WotLK killed the franchise.

It became a VERY fucking easy game. Endgame content was very basic, bosses were easily countered.

That's when I stopped. Then I saw someone play cata, and seriously.... it was a piece of shit. Now MoP may have revived some players and got the count back up to 10Mill players, but it will die out soon enough.

Vanilla and Burning crusade challenged people to actually use their brains. Vanilla was just plain cruel and evil. Burning Crusade was JUUUUUUST right. I mean, raiding for weeks/months to get fully epic is satisfying, giving you a notion you accomplished something. Tower of Medivh :DDDD

WotLK just didn't know what to do. Some instances were too hard and some you could just faceroll. The endgame would be comparing it to SC.... ZERG THE BOSS! I was half epic in 3 hours after I hit lvl 85. And I only did the arena quest and dungeon(jousting shit). With my welfare epics I thought I should engage in some raiding. And man, I was dissapointed.... Children with tier 9 laughed and made fun of me. Calling me someone who lived in the era of Burning Crusade and everything changed and I knew shit. So after an hour of debate they took me to Ulduar(10 man) I think (the leviathan boss with the tank battles). I couldn't check the dps, because we were in a FUCKING TANK. I loved that, and I seriously thought it might be better then BC, but I was wrong. With my welfare epics I was #1 on dps. The second boss we just got raped and after a few tries we quit. When I confronted them, they said that I should mind my own business and shut up like the BC fossil I was. No arguement or why/what/when/how. Nothing. Children who have their epics through PvP and play PvE with it, thinking they know the game after 2/3 months. Bitch pls, this game is dead.

Cata was even more retarted.

Played all expansions in hope Blizzard didn't forget to take in their medication :(

I will not play MoP, because I can't be arsed to pay for a shit game that died after they started to listen to children who only wanted epics.

I miss the time when a shaman walked by and was inspiring, because he had 1/2/3/ epics. That guy was then labeled hardcore and badass. Now kids think they are badass, because they are full epic. But in fact they are stupid and obnoxious. And if you confront them about it.... they just laugh and call you a noob.

This my friend... is a shit game with a shit gaming community.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 14:33 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I don't play WoW, but that is a sad story :(

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 21:43 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I don't play WoW but I love this review :-11