Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:41

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Towny.
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 04:46 
Pretty useless (78)
I honestly don't like towny what so ever. I get that it keeps our stuff safe since res's broke last update ,but it still sucks. I have no idea really why we are using this :/. To me towny takes away the old fun you could have in a normal world with res's. You could build just about any where, and land didn't cost you any money. You could screw around with your friends and build together and play games, but you really cant do that anymore :/. To me towny is to much like real life, You pay for land, You pay taxes, Taxes may increase and/or decrease, If you miss a payment they can take your home away. I mean really? If you really wanted to play this shit why not just play fucking Sims? Hell maybe even try it in the real world? It ruins the tittle of "Mine-craft". It takes away mining? You know the main thing this god damn game was made for? Mining? Crafting is a bitch as well, I mean you have to buy stuff from the spawn store that is fucking RIDICULOUSLY priced! Why do we have this?

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

us 
 Post subject: Re: Towny.
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 05:51 
Geek (883)
Damn Right!! No offence to you all who took time took make this...BUT I like my freedom, and isn't minecraft supposed to be FUN? I've been kicked out of my town 4 times because I was offline during homework, like what the hell!! I liked building where ever I could and I could build in the wild. I'm with adog on this..this towny is crap!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

ca 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 06:36 
Doesn't get out much (374)
Honesty I love Towny, It is such a fun way to play the game. In order to do things you have to obtain goals that you set yourself. If you keep getting kicked out of your town, don't be afraid to go and kills some mobs for money, and if your too lazy ask someone if they can lend you some. I don't think the town Mayor or assistants will mind helping you out a tad, after all its your town that your in.

And please, don't Bitch about town, If you don't like Towny then try to at least give us something else to work with instead of bitching about it... The admin team work countless hours setting up this new server. Please, at least give us something to work with or make suggestions on how it can be improved instead of pointing out all the bad things about it. That all that seems to come from our server.. Negativity.

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

Last edited by [SpA]Halexboom88 on 06 Oct 2012, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

fi 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 06:38 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
Damn Right!! No offence to you all who took time took make this...BUT I like my freedom, and isn't minecraft supposed to be FUN? I've been kicked out of my town 4 times because I was offline during homework, like what the hell!! I liked building where ever I could and I could build in the wild. I'm with adog on this..this towny is crap!
Don't spend so much money on things you don't need, e.g. extra plots and items at the market. You start off with 10,500 coins, and after buying a plot for 4,500 coins you'll still have 6,000 coins, which is more than enough to last for at least half a month. Iron Bay used as reference.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 08:29 
Geek (883)
I don't buy stuff, I just mine and kill mobs but everyday when I log on I see my money go down by like 2000 coins. I know when Howard and the others reply to this they're gonna be swearing at me fir that post, but since this is the suggestion/complain forum they could atleast try to make this simplier. But I doubt it. Well guys don't exPect me to be on SMP much...until another temp map is up, Tscuz AWAY..

us 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 08:40 
Crap at posting (34)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
I don't buy stuff, I just mine and kill mobs but everyday when I log on I see my money go down by like 2000 coins. I know when Howard and the others reply to this they're gonna be swearing at me fir that post, but since this is the suggestion/complain forum they could atleast try to make this simplier. But I doubt it. Well guys don't exPect me to be on SMP much...until another temp map is up, Tscuz AWAY..
If they swear at you, it will be because you whined about something you don't like, then expect them to fix it. You didn't give any suggestions. I would be pissed too if everyone whined to me about something without suggesting anything to fix it. So try giving suggestions instead of going "I hate this" and running off. Maybe then Howard won't swear at everyone so often.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 13:13 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
So you are gonna pout and sulk and threaten to hold your breath until I make the server as YOU want it? Nice attitude...

You were all given a massive amount of time to come up with a solution that works. You and adog had NO part in that discussion at all, never once made a suggestion or offered any thoughts, so you don't get to whine about it now.

The old map did not work - its as simple as that. It was a grief fest before we had Bedlam and Bedlam just drove every last guest away. With Towny everyone can play together in safety. It is not hard to make money - it is in fact screamingly easy. ihasfire now has more money than anyone else in the game and a bigger town than even the admins and he earned it all himself with absolute ease. You are just too lazy to even try the system and see how well it works and you want to be able to dig everywhere and grief everyone without consequence.

Until you have even tried Towny (and no, you haven't yet) then you don't get to complain, especially when all you are doing is whining and stamping your feet while totally failing to make any suggestions of your own.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 00:16 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I can see why people dont like towny or choose to shy away from it, they dont take time to read up on it nor do they take the time to use it, but i think we could solve this problem with just another bedlem, this time though we dont set it so only guests go there, we basically say when they go there if any grief happens its your fault for going there, its up to the player to survive as they could always go back to towny. A problem could be however is that money could be hoarded easily through the new bedlem as if people find a spawner bam instant hoarding, although i know people bitched and moaned about it, its always nice just to have another option just in case people are too lazy to go and read up on towny.

fi 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 00:40 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
ells551 wrote:
I can see why people dont like towny or choose to shy away from it, they dont take time to read up on it nor do they take the time to use it, but i think we could solve this problem with just another bedlem, this time though we dont set it so only guests go there, we basically say when they go there if any grief happens its your fault for going there, its up to the player to survive as they could always go back to towny. A problem could be however is that money could be hoarded easily through the new bedlem as if people find a spawner bam instant hoarding, although i know people bitched and moaned about it, its always nice just to have another option just in case people are too lazy to go and read up on towny.
The Green Zone is the new Bedlam. It's unmoderated, nobody recruits people, folks have their own mafias and shops...
As for spawners, I don't see your point. Everyone can run into a spawner with Towny, mobs will spawn and coins will flow. Though it's easier to use the Blaze spawners in the Nether Challenge - that's how I have a million coins and the others do not.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 01:05 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Samiak_ wrote:
ells551 wrote:
The Green Zone is the new Bedlam. It's unmoderated, nobody recruits people, folks have their own mafias and shops...
As for spawners, I don't see your point. Everyone can run into a spawner with Towny, mobs will spawn and coins will flow. Though it's easier to use the Blaze spawners in the Nether Challenge - that's how I have a million coins and the others do not.
Yeah that is a good point there, but the green zone is very small and i thought that the green zone was where you rented your own place, what im suggesting is no towny no rules no nothing a clean map where is you have to survive and use intelligence to hide things, ect ect.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 01:21 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ells551 wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:
Yeah that is a good point there, but the green zone is very small and i thought that the green zone was where you rented your own place, what im suggesting is no towny no rules no nothing a clean map where is you have to survive and use intelligence to hide things, ect ect.

No.

Simple as.

Wont happen.

You want a "bedlam" style map, present a suggestion on how it will function, taking into account everything about the current server and how such a map will impact every aspect.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 04:37 
Pretty useless (78)
I'm trying to say that towny is too much like real life. You pay for land. You pay taxes. You only control your little piece of the world. You can't go chopping down random wood to get started. You can't break anything that isn't in your little piece of the world. Which I guess is a good thing in a griefing prospective, but what if you want glass? Can't go to a desert and get a stack or so of sand. You have to pay for it or beg like shit for it < Also like real life at least in America. Well back to my point why do you think PvP servers are so popular? Because its nothing like real life, you can't go around killing, stealing, destroying someones stuff in real can you? Why do you think that minecraft is so popular? Because it so realistic? Hell no. It's to have fun with your friends, explore, build, discover, mine, and craft. To me this limits it a bit. I don't really care about this server that much anymore because of this and go ahead and tell me go and leave, I wont leave because I love this community, everyone is nice, everyone is willing to mess around and have some fun and joke around. It limits mining the WHOLE FUCKING reason this game was made for MINEcraft. And if you haven't fucking noticed this isn't helping the server at all, every 4 or so hours I check how many people are on and it's always like 2 people? Now why? CAUSE THIS IS MINECRAFT NOT FUCKING REAL LIFE. NOW TAKE IT AS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE, and howard now why I never helped with suggestions? Cause I was fucking scared that you were going to blast me on every fucking idea and thought I have like you always have done. Bye and thanks for reading.

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 04:43 
Geek (883)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
tscuzimbrown wrote:
So you are gonna pout and sulk and threaten to hold your breath until I make the server as YOU want it? Nice attitude...

You were all given a massive amount of time to come up with a solution that works. You and adog had NO part in that discussion at all, never once made a suggestion or offered any thoughts, so you don't get to whine about it now.

The old map did not work - its as simple as that. It was a grief fest before we had Bedlam and Bedlam just drove every last guest away. With Towny everyone can play together in safety. It is not hard to make money - it is in fact screamingly easy. ihasfire now has more money than anyone else in the game and a bigger town than even the admins and he earned it all himself with absolute ease. You are just too lazy to even try the system and see how well it works and you want to be able to dig everywhere and grief everyone without consequence.

Until you have even tried Towny (and no, you haven't yet) then you don't get to complain, especially when all you are doing is whining and stamping your feet while totally failing to make any suggestions of your own.

I withdraw my minor, annoying, ignorant complaint. I have joined a Real town, and I absolutely love Towny. When I was in my two person town I didn't really do much. I give props to Mr. Eric Howard and his awesome team, and Adog try towny, really try, It is very fun.
- moronic child tscuzimbrown

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 10:34 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Your not going to please everyone, its impossible to, so really as long as the majority like your decision then really thats that.

fi 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 10:47 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Not really. We were all given plenty of time to give a
fuck. Whoever gave no fucks is exempt from decision-making afterwards.

at 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 13:42 
Geek (749)
There was a thread where Howard mentioned Towny as our new plugin. I'm pretty sure in about 1-2 weeks only Samiak, another person and I had commented on it. Nobody cared about it, and so Howard just went ahead with it.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 14:58 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ihasfire wrote:
There was a thread where Howard mentioned Towny as our new plugin. I'm pretty sure in about 1-2 weeks only Samiak, another person and I had commented on it. Nobody cared about it, and so Howard just went ahead with it.
I announced the need for change, the need for a new pargdigm under which SMP would operate, months ago but no one even tried, even attemtped, to present any suggestions or alternatives so in the end I did what I normally have to do and made the decision for you.

Towny is a radical solution to a massive problem but I was damned if I was a) waiting for you lot to actually give a damn about your server b) letting things continue as were and c) ever again going to be as involved in SMP as I was. Towny is here because you lot are utterly lackadaisical and disinterested and I am done with micro managing the server every day. With Towny, I can call in every few days, assured of the fact that nothing has gone wrong and that is fucking fine by me.

If you lot want want change then petition for it. This is YOUR server so you get a say in how its run but if you want to make changes then you better grasp, in infinitesimal detail, exactly what the changes are that you propose, how they will be implemented, how the new server will be managed and how it will function on a day to day basis.

As no one will EVER do that ('cos, you know, you don't care and are 100% talk and 0% trousers) then we will stick with Towny going forward.

Have a nice day :18

us 
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 06:15 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (127)
As long as the mobs show up so I can hunt them, I love Towny :4