Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:51

All times are UTC+02:00

at 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 11:30 
Geek (749)

I love Halo's story line so much that I read all of their books. (What about 6ish)

To me this is pretty well filmed and I can't wait for the next episode.

So this series dates back about 20 years before the covenant attacked the humans.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 13:03 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Halo? :lol: We have reached a whole new paradigm of fail. It may be necessary to invent an entire language constructed only of insults to properly deride this post... :roll:

at 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 13:31 
Geek (749)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Halo? :lol: We have reached a whole new paradigm of fail. It may be necessary to invent an entire language constructed only of insults to properly deride this post... :roll:
I'd like to hear why you hate the whole halo franchise?

I grew up playing every halo game on the xbox and I just really enjoyed the game.

We all have different opinions on things and that's fine just as long as you don't bash someone else's. (All within good reason.)

fi 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 13:34 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
EP3 is out? :O Must watch!

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 13:51 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
I think perhaps Howard dislikes the fact that Halo is the very definition of generic, unimaginative first-person shooter.

It is literally just "shoot the aliens" mixed with macho marine commentary with an attempt of a story created aroudn it to rationalize crazy xenophobic aliens - thats not even mentioning the fact that it says that the Garden of Eden was some hole a random guy created so he could live in and that the whole galaxy was at war with a little itty bitty germ

its silly and unimaginative

at 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 15:29 
Geek (749)
No matter how much you bash it, I still enjoy it.

au 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 00:08 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
that's your choice, and I'm not bashing halo; I'm simply stating the facts. It destroys its own reputation all by itself.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 01:05 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
The actual story and history of Halo is actually pretty awesome.
As for the games, I just suddenly lost interest after ODST and I've not kept up to date with it since.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 13:14 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
No, the "story" of Halo is a raging rip-off of Ringworld, drawn together by some failed, hack of a sci-fi writer. It is cheap, weak and wholly unoriginal.

As to why you should be mocked for liking Halo: the reason are just to numerous to name fully.

First up they are just bad games, in every measurable respect. Very weak corridor shooters that even the designers admit had to be wildly dumbed-down to make them playable on a joypad (3 second delay on all enemy AI so that you have a chance to faff around with your little thumbsticks and shoot them? Oh yes: that's great fucking design). The graphics are appalling, the combat hysterical and the general form of the way the game plays is so pedestrian and overblown it rivals the Modern Warfare series for its utter fucking stupidity.
Secondly, you are supporting and playing games that the designers hated. They are bound by NDAs but anyone who pays any attention knows that Bungie fucking loathed the franchise by the end and could not leave MS and Halo far enough behind as soon as they got the chance.
Taking the issue further, Halo is the wreck of a childish nightmare that sold the 360 and the 360 is responsible for the current, appalling state of gaming, especially everything that has befallen PC gaming. Gaming has been dragged down to a pathetic, laughable level as all things go through that fucking atrocious platform and if it cannot be run on what is essentially 10 year old hardware then it cannot be made. This means that every game of the current generation has to be shrunk, chopped to bits and generally raped to allow it to run on the 360 as it has less ram than a watch and less graphics horsepower than a frigging iPad.
But no, buy all means, you have your "opinions", supporting the weakest, stupidest, most generic, most unimaginative, most plagiaristic crap-hole games and the platform it runs on but don't expect me to like it. Your "games" actively diminish the industry that I enjoy so no, I wont be nice about it.

If you want actual, good fiction, go read a book. Go read Ringworld and see where the idea comes from or go read Iain Banks and learn what true sci-fi writing is about. This tawdry, generic nonsense is beneath you.

at 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 14:07 
Geek (749)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
No, the "story" of Halo is a raging rip-off of Ringworld, drawn together by some failed, hack of a sci-fi writer. It is cheap, weak and wholly unoriginal.

As to why you should be mocked for liking Halo: the reason are just to numerous to name fully.

First up they are just bad games, in every measurable respect. Very weak corridor shooters that even the designers admit had to be wildly dumbed-down to make them playable on a joypad (3 second delay on all enemy AI so that you have a chance to faff around with your little thumbsticks and shoot them? Oh yes: that's great fucking design). The graphics are appalling, the combat hysterical and the general form of the way the game plays is so pedestrian and overblown it rivals the Modern Warfare series for its utter fucking stupidity.
Secondly, you are supporting and playing games that the designers hated. They are bound by NDAs but anyone who pays any attention knows that Bungie fucking loathed the franchise by the end and could not leave MS and Halo far enough behind as soon as they got the chance.
Taking the issue further, Halo is the wreck of a childish nightmare that sold the 360 and the 360 is responsible for the current, appalling state of gaming, especially everything that has befallen PC gaming. Gaming has been dragged down to a pathetic, laughable level as all things go through that fucking atrocious platform and if it cannot be run on what is essentially 10 year old hardware then it cannot be made. This means that every game of the current generation has to be shrunk, chopped to bits and generally raped to allow it to run on the 360 as it has less ram than a watch and less graphics horsepower than a frigging iPad.
But no, buy all means, you have your "opinions", supporting the weakest, stupidest, most generic, most unimaginative, most plagiaristic crap-hole games and the platform it runs on but don't expect me to like it. Your "games" actively diminish the industry that I enjoy so no, I wont be nice about it.

If you want actual, good fiction, go read a book. Go read Ringworld and see where the idea comes from or go read Iain Banks and learn what true sci-fi writing is about. This tawdry, generic nonsense is beneath you.
I never said that I had a raging boner for xbox's and just the halo in whole. I just liked their story because at the time when I was younger I just enjoyed it. I know Xbox's have their huge problems but I left the consoles for 4 years now. The only true games I enjoyed on the console were Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

I posted the video because I thought they filmed it pretty well (from my eyes) and wanted to see if anyone else was interested in it.

Oh and I guess sorry for somewhat liking such a "bad game", I didn't mean to offend anyone here.

us 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 17:35 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Don't feel bad fire, howard doesn't like any games.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 18:09 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
bubbajim3 wrote:
No, you're right. The three I played to completion this week were a myth as are the 197 in my steam account.

I like games fine - its you jackasses that don't.

fi 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 18:36 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I do not have an opinion, since I've never really played Halo, but the live-action series seems very good so far :demm:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

at 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 18:44 
Geek (749)
bubbajim3 wrote:
I asked him for his opinion on it.

I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. However what he said is the stone cold truth about it.

au 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 00:46 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Fallout 3 <3

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 10:56 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I think what we should realise is that no games are original anymore, this is the same for films as well. Some games do bring something original to the table, but no matter what some things inside it will be copyed or have been done before. It doesnt matter if you love the game or hate it, many people have put time and effort into making it and well should be congradulated on creating it, even if you hate it and think its crap. Idea generation now is pretty much dead, companies find a winning idea and just run it into the ground, this is as they know that if they make another game with just differnt things included ( take the call of duty series for example) they could easily get many sales for that game. I think its time we start looking at more indie developers as it seems to me that now original ideas are very few and far between, it seems now that indie developers seem to have some decent ideas, but because of their budget they dont make the game over the top and as money whoring as other game companys.

at 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 18:26 
Geek (749)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_xn889cSk&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Best episode so far.