Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:53

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: New computer issues
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 16:54 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Right so i have this new custom built PC, the problem is my computer has been freezing whenever I have been gaming on it or simply watching youtube videos or any other type of video. This is not browser specific as it has happened in Firefox and on IE. It will freeze and turn whatever sound is playing at the time into a long robotic sounding noise. I think it is a problem with the graphics card and Flash not running together, but i was wondering if anoyone has the same problem.

My graphics card is an Nvidia geforce gtx 650 TI.

us 
 Post subject: Re: New computer issues
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 20:55 
Likes to type... (229)
So it just hardlocks (when it doesn't come back and you have to force shut down) when you do anything with video?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 20:59 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
The video would freeze and the audio would carry on yet with some weird slow motion robotic effects, then after a minute it would stop and then the video would then carry on as usual.

at 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 21:15 
Geek (749)
ells551 wrote:
The video would freeze and the audio would carry on yet with some weird slow motion robotic effects, then after a minute it would stop and then the video would then carry on as usual.
How frequently?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 21:27 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Doesn't have a certain time to it it will just do it but at least around twice every video (talking about a 10 min video), does also cut out when talking on steam (call chat)

us 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 21:31 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
It definitely sounds like the graphics card. I believe I can remember seeing someone on YouTube with the same problems as you. I would try to contact the maker of your card to see if it is a known issue and see what they know anything that will fix it.

Also if you have not already tried update the drivers for your graphics card.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 03:34 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I thought so, i updated the drivers a couple of days ago and that fixed the game crashing, now i think its the Nvidia card and Flash clashing, im going to try and run it off the in built graphics and see if it still has the problems, i have seen some things where Nvidia said it was Flash problems so they would not fix anything, then Adobe blaming Nvidia and saying they wont fix anything so meh we shall see. Just making sure before i start taking out the graphics card and doing all that when its actually another problem, thanks for your help guys.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 04:12 
Likes to type... (229)
ells551 wrote:
I thought so, i updated the drivers a couple of days ago and that fixed the game crashing, now i think its the Nvidia card and Flash clashing, im going to try and run it off the in built graphics and see if it still has the problems, i have seen some things where Nvidia said it was Flash problems so they would not fix anything, then Adobe blaming Nvidia and saying they wont fix anything so meh we shall see. Just making sure before i start taking out the graphics card and doing all that when its actually another problem, thanks for your help guys.
Now hold on, ells. Nvidia and Adobe flash player have nothing to do with each other. Flash is a software based player, sure you need some sort of graphics to run Windows, but it's so software based that your graphics don't matter. You can try disabling hardware acceleration, but I doubt this is your problem. DirectX also has nothing to do with adobe flash player either.

It could also be your memory or hard drive, but seeing as you aren't getting complete locks or blue screen or artifacts, it's hard to tell. Easiest things you can try is pulling out one stick of memory at a time and trying it, removing your video card and trying integrated graphics, or putting in your old video card. Please also try disabling hardware acceleration by right-clicking a video, going to Settings and unchecking the box.

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 13:33 
Community slut (13473)
This sounds like typical hardware issues (memory incompatibility, issues with voltages etc.)

Is this a custom build pc?

au 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 13:44 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
Yes, the PC is custom built.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 14:46 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I have disabled hardware acceleration ages ago, yet that has had no effect, i am looking at different things where it is saying its firefox and flash which are combating each other, i will have a tweak with each of them and see what turns up.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 14:48 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
This sounds like typical hardware issues (memory incompatibility, issues with voltages etc.)

I have checked the system and everything runs fine, everything is the right temp and everything should be running great, im thinking this is more of a software thing, as this problem did not really arise until i started properly using the PC.

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 18:25 
Community slut (13473)
ells551 wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

I have checked the system and everything runs fine, everything is the right temp and everything should be running great, im thinking this is more of a software thing, as this problem did not really arise until i started properly using the PC.
This is most likely not a software issue if I have to go with the description of your problems.

I would do a few things to start with;

- Make sure the BIOS is up2date with the latest version
- Configure all the BIOS settings manually (memory/cpu/fsb timers, voltages etc.)

us 
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012, 19:45 
Likes to type... (229)
I agree with Saint, this is probably a hardware-related issue

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 02:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
ells551 wrote:

This is most likely not a software issue if I have to go with the description of your problems.

I would do a few things to start with;

- Make sure the BIOS is up2date with the latest version
- Configure all the BIOS settings manually (memory/cpu/fsb timers, voltages etc.)
I did that, problem still occurs across all browsers as well as some games are starting to pop up once or twice, i have noticed it gets worse while installing games through steam, not sure how that ties into it.

us 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 06:14 
Sounds like a Memory (RAM) issue if installing games causes problems. I'm no genius at any of this by any stretch of the imagination, but in the wise words of GreatBuilder3: "It sends like a little lightning bolt and it destroys everything." Maybe a bit of static caused a whole lotta problems.

us 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 06:22 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Don't bring me into this... Plus i think you quoted me wrong :P

Damn english school project, never hear the end of it.

us 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 06:27 
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
Don't bring me into this... Plus i think you quoted me wrong :P

Damn english school project, never hear the end of it.
What can I say, that short video changed my life! Lol, I will never forget it. I was about to vaccum my computer out and then I suddenly remembered your video, yeah let's just say it saved my butt. Still a lot of dust though, I need to get compressed air.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 17:46 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Right i have taken out the 2 sticks of memory and tested both, they are both fine. I have ran the computer without the Nvidia graphics card yet the problems still occur, i do not think now that it is a software issue as the videos are still bugging out on HTML5. My only other thought is that it could be a motherboard issue as processor issues would mean that i would have more issues than just this one.

nl 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 20:02 
Community slut (13473)
ells551 wrote:
Right i have taken out the 2 sticks of memory and tested both, they are both fine. I have ran the computer without the Nvidia graphics card yet the problems still occur, i do not think now that it is a software issue as the videos are still bugging out on HTML5. My only other thought is that it could be a motherboard issue as processor issues would mean that i would have more issues than just this one.
If I had to guess I'd say it's memory incompatibility somehow.

Have you tried a different stick of memory (diff brand/type)?

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2013, 02:23 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I have tested the memory fully and it works fine, i have another motherboard around which im just going to wack in and see if that makes a difference, other than that im kind of stumped on this. I guess i would just have to wait for drivers and hope that fixes the problem.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 02:08 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Just for anyone who comes across this problem, it was either:

A. Motherboard
B. HDMI issues
C. Network card drivers

All fixed now so yeah.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 13:48 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
ells551 wrote:
All fixed now so yeah.
GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 04:24 
Or you could've shot it, right? I mean that's the best Troubleshooting out there...