Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:02

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 19:45 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Haven't had too much time to play it, but I'm quite liking a game called Hawken, it's a free-to-play Mech FPS and it's pretty easy to get into. Has a lot of fun features to stop it feeling slow and clunky, like thrusters, dodging and limited flight, a lot weapons like rockets can be detonated manually. Only has a small number of maps and mechs currently but they're building on it, most of the things you can buy are obtainable just by playing or grinding for, besides cosmetics. Despite its looks the starter mech they give you is actually pretty strong and very viable.

Absolutley no reason not to try this game! May look performance heavy but it runs on medium quality for me real smooth, and I struggled to play Planetside 2 and Tribes Ascend which are also on the unreal engine I think.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 20:11 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Oh and MACHINIMECH is a code you can redeem that will give you 5000 credits almost enough to buy a new mech. Add me I'm just called Junco.

au 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2013, 02:09 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
watched the video for two minutes and was already in love

add me, I'm Ivanosauros

us 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 05:06 
Pretty useless (84)
I haven't played much, though I'm trying to get back into games I hadn't played in awhile. Hopefully I'll start up again soon... :mrgreen:
-Add me: Nitron200 :4

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 13:40 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Wait...what? I thought this was sub based? Did they change that to actually free or is it pay to win?

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 15:55 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Wait...what? I thought this was sub based? Did they change that to actually free or is it pay to win?
I don't know about that, it's not long come out of closed beta (which you could buy into I think) it's not pay to win though, everything that isn't silly stuff, like booster colours and paint, are realisticly earnable via credits. The mechs and weapons seem pretty balanced, you unlock the weapons a mech can use buy just playing, and then spend money or credits on a new mech or extras like a weapons cooldown or a droppable item.

Also like I said the starter mech is really strong, there's no real reason to even buy a different mech unless you fancy a different playstyle. I can see this game doing well, the mechanics are really nice and nothing is too irritating to fight yet, if they keep that up it should do well.

au 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 16:52 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
High ping T.T

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 17:50 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Ivanosauros wrote:
High ping T.T
Might be the server, even though I put UK as my region if I play at a wierd time I end up playing with russians or something.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 19:41 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Cheers for the reminder, keep meaning to have a looky at that one :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 21:47 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
All signed up and installed and I played the tutorials which worked fine but I can't actually play the game. It searches for a game, which takes ages, then crashes out with a fatal error. No description, just "fatal error" (the game, not the renderer).

No idea what's up. I'll try again tomorrow... :|

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 14:54 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Try the little cog icon on the launcher Howard, verify the game files, if that doesn't work try a reinstall. There's a few menu bugs I think, like leaving your friends list open when deploying can mess stuff up.

Oh and the game is intentionally grainy looking, so if anyone wants to disable that you just need to find the HawkenEngine file which should be in Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config and find the line ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq and remove everything after the '=' so it looks like this ImageGrainNoiseTextureName= and that should clear things up a bit.

au 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 03:13 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
thanks for that junco, it's hard to see with all the graininess.