Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:28

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: The Survival World.
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 00:04 
Pretty useless (78)
Hello,

I'm here to argue about the plugins. I question why we don't have /home or /sethome. I question this because we have /spawn but no /home? That means you have to sleep in a bed and kill you self just to get to your home. Wouldn't that be enjoyable to just kill yourself to go home when your lost? You may say just save your cords and you can go back, but what if your far away from spawn where you house is? Then it'll be less enjoyable then this server should be. It will also encourage people to build closer to spawn. This will bring griefers to tears of joy. Can you imagine all those nice houses 50 blocks from spawn protection? Also one thing to consider is what if a griefer kills you and deletes your bed? Your screwed aren't you?
Secondly, I don't under stand why we don't have /lock. /lock is a VERY important thing to keep players happy. This keeps them from having to worry about people taking their stuff. Which means if your being griefed you have the peace of mind that your items are safe. Which will keep alot of players happy. Bye. I hope you enjoyed and like my ideas. If not then just argue with me. Comes at me brosive.

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

fi 
 Post subject: Re: The Survival World.
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 01:14 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Well, not going to say me does not agree with you, but it's a "survival" map. To get back to your home (bed), just use feathers to fly there. I think the amount is 50. Should you want to protect your shit, go to the Towny map and set up a settlement. Solves everything, except your need for moneyz.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 02:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Personally, i do not see what was wrong with what the temp map had. Locking will be enabled soon so thats a good thing, but for /home we do not know.

Reasons for:
It is an easy way of getting around the map, if you go out mining, but you can not get back to your house /home will do the trick.
(some may say, but i do not agree) It gets you out of pvp if you do not want to pvp yourself.

Reasons against:
People can set their home in someone elses home and grief. A way of getting around that could be to give Vet+ the command to remove homes so that they can remove homes of the player whp set their home in another persons build.

People who BOTH want to pvp use it to get out of dieing. I think if /home had a timer on it then people would not be able to get out of pvping therefore that problem would be solved (op+ could have unlimited /home just like the used to have unlimited kits :P)

Personally i did not see anything wrong with the same set up as the temp map had. I think that most people were thinking the survival mode was going to be the temp map and it has been a bit of a shock that they have gone in and found a no rules bared no protection land. In my opion i think we should go back to the same set up as the temp map (swap the newsurvival map with the same set up as the temp map i mean) as it works much better and it means people can at least be protected with still having a survival type of gamemode.

au 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 05:19 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Homes will be added, however you must sleep in a bed to set your home. From then you can use /home as you wish. But there will be a warm up period of 5 seconds

us 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 05:24 
Geek (883)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
there will be a warm up period of 5 seconds
NOOOOOOOO!!!
Warm up period is my worst enemy!! Especially around mobs!!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

ca 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 05:47 
Doesn't get out much (374)
In Terms of Dynmap Will we have that up and running soon? (If possible) I Don't think I have seen anyone mention it anywhere, and if you did Sorry :( I don't remember things from time to time... ahaha

But a warmup would prevent players from spamming the command, Gooood Idea :)

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

au 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 06:43 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Herpderp... Need to change that port... Right, LWC is in. Homes can be set with beds only. There is a warmup.