Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:55

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Aliens: Colonial Marines
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 09:18 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
In case anyone was thinking of buying this...well, I wont try and persuade you of anything, as no one takes my opinion of games seriously here, but do yourself a favour and go read some reviews...

Just trying to save people money... :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 21:40 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)

Video I found on youtube of someone playing and getting some weird glitches (bodies removed A.I not doing their job ect ect)

The game is horribly broken in my opinion.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 22:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Knew it would be shit, which is a shame because I like the Alien franchise, they just rarely make anything decent with it. Well, at least nothing in compared to the older titles.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 01:35 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
It does have his share of bugs. Average/below average script. Graphics wise is very bad compared to the games that are out. Basic gameplay, no cover system. Does have co-op. Ai is very braindead, yours and the enemy ai.

But I will pick it up when it's 20 euros or something. Because its an aliens game.

DO NOT BUY IT FOR NOW!!

And for the idiots who say: but what is the score you're giving it?
I answer: idiots, just read what i wrote and decide on those things if it's worth it for you.

If it doesn't drop to 20 euros im just gonna pirate it for the story. What can I do? I'm an aliens fanboy :D

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 20:20 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
They really should stop making games related to the Aliens movies. Alien vs Predator 1 and 2 were the best and should stay like that :)

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 23:39 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]9mmNL wrote:
They really should stop making games related to the Aliens movies. Alien vs Predator 1 and 2 were the best and should stay like that :)
Which is true...bar the fact that AVP 2 was a total abortion of a game. You cannot have an AVP game in a cartoony, floodlit engine. Always hated it.

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 02:31 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
Fuck!

Spoiler!!!!!!!

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 01:16 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
For those interested:

“Gearbox didnt care about the game, they spent the money from acm on the borderlands games. Look at the release of borderlands and when aliens was anounced, they had the other companies like timegate do the work. When they got the game back timegate had done a terrible job. When it came into sega it was shit basicaly. Gearbox only cared about fixing ‘progression blockers’ (things that stop a player from getting through a level) or crashes” – soetester

Supposedly a game tester did a Q&A on reddit.