Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:06

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Griefing in Survival
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 16:30 
Pretty useless (78)
I'd like to say to start off that survival is the most popular map out of towny and survival. Now saying that to start off is that it is also full of alot of grief. If you look on dynmap you can see several houses and several towns and villages greifed. Lots and lots, forcing people to move. It also helps that we have a 2kx2k map size and we also have dynmap. Which means if you don't like someone you can just look where their house is and easily grief them when they are not on using dynmap. Even though dynmap can be a good thing it can be used as a bad thing. I really beilve that we need some sort of protection plugin or some kind of block log to protect the majority of the people playing on the smp server. This could help admins and ops to solve the problem quicker or with out or little problem to them. Instead of them just going to the house that got griefed and having nothing to really even say or do. If someone gets griefed and there is a protection thing on they can just say "Well why didn't you have a protection, that is your fault" and if there is block log they can ban people that are giving the community trouble and pissing everyone off. It really pisses me off that these people are to lazy to get their own resources so they take it from other people. I don't think anyone that lazy should deserve to play on a server that has such a good community and so many nice people. It just really ticks me off. I really hope there is a solution to this problem

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Griefing in Survival
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 17:03 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I'm just going to say what everyone is going to say.

1. If you want to be taken seriously, don't write in all red text, makes you seem like a 5 year old.

2. Instead of just pointing out the flaws, how about making suggestions on how to improve, maybe by showing us mods we could use ect ect.

us 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 17:13 
Geek (839)
Right. As Ells just said, what are you trying to accomplish with this post? You aren't suggesting anything; what you are doing however, is stating negative things that we already know. Now, currently there is a small protection block out there, however the protected space is very small. The sponge: it protects a small area, no breaking blocks, no using anything. I agree about having a log block, however the plugin is out-of-date. What can you do? :roll:

us 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 23:59 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Here's what I have to say about how everyone is whining about getting griefed: It's survival for a reason, you do what you need to do to survive. If that's taking blocks from someone's house you would do it. If you're constantly taking blocks then your're griefing. Survival is not a PvP server but that doesn't mean it's a Towny server. If you don't want your house to get destroyed go over to the towny server, if you don't mind stay on Survival, that's that. The staff isn't there to hold your hand and do everything for you. Hide your home well enough or don't build so large that it becomes a target and is hard to repair.