Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:13

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: #Prayforboston
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 00:58 
Geek (883)
This just happened a few hours ago..keep Boston in your prayers.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 ... .html?_r=0

Attachments:
File comment: Tragedy. Everywhere.
Tragedy. Everywhere.
Screenshot_2013-04-15-17-56-07.png [ 749.64 KiB | Viewed 3024 times ]

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

au 
 Post subject: Re: #Prayforboston
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 03:09 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
what about the 50+ daily death toll in the middle east? What about the estimated million refugees from the conflict in Syria? The 70,000 who died there as of February?

Do they get prayers?

us 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 03:27 
Geek (883)
I donate to my brothers and sisters whenever I get to go to the mosque.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 14:10 
Geek (883)
UPDATE:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... _inthenews

1 suspect identified as a Russian, the other the same. 1 shot dead, another on the loose. Suspect 2 is gonna fight til the end.

il 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 16:17 
Geek (883)
What about all the people who die in Norway every day because its so cold?!
On a more serious note. People die every day. It's crazy but that's how the world is. So when 6-9 people die in Boston it's really sad, but why make such a big deal out of it when there is 1000 of people that die every day. It's all over the news because it happened
In America. I didn't see anything on the forums about the people who died in syria or Norway. 2 years ago there was a bomb and a guy that killed around 100 kids.

Don't get me wrong I really think that what happened in Boston is terrible.

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

fi 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 16:41 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Haladir wrote:
-- 2 years ago there was a bomb and a guy that killed around 100 kids.

--
Don't ban guns! Guns are needed to kill protect innocent civilians! Wait, what?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 17:29 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Haladir wrote:
What about all the people who die in Norway every day because its so cold?!
On a more serious note. People die every day. It's crazy but that's how the world is. So when 6-9 people die in Boston it's really sad, but why make such a big deal out of it when there is 1000 of people that die every day. It's all over the news because it happened
In America. I didn't see anything on the forums about the people who died in syria or Norway. 2 years ago there was a bomb and a guy that killed around 100 kids.

Don't get me wrong I really think that what happened in Boston is terrible.
Agreed, i know its terrible it always is when something like this happened, yet only because its in america people are flapping their tits around about it, if its not in america nobody cares, funny that isnt it.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 19:25 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
If anyone wants to follow the situation live, here's a stream of the Boston police radio scanner. (The police have asked people not to post sensitive information from the scanner online so as to not give it away to the suspect. I doubt the bomber is check the SpA forums, just saying :P). Most of it is pretty garbled and doesn't make much sense out of context, but if you want to hear something first this is the place.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 19:39 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think the reason why people are making a big deal over it happening in America is the paranoia. Even in a so called 'civilised' western world where the wars are fought elsewhere, a bomb could just go off in a city or during an event and kill you or your loved ones. That scares people, it's more relevant to them, because it could have been them.

fi 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 19:44 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I think the reason why people are making a big deal over it happening in America is the paranoia. Even in a so called 'civilised' western world where the wars are fought elsewhere, a bomb could just go off in a city or during an event and kill you or your loved ones. That scares people, it's more relevant to them, because it could have been them.
As you sow, so shall you reap.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 06:30 
Geek (883)
UPDATE:

SUSPECT HAS BEEN FOUND!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... ?hpt=hp_t1

His brother, dead. While he is in serious condition.

His older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, shown here. Dead. Viewers' Discretion is Advised.

I'm only sharing, whats been going on this past week, I'm not saying all those other deaths aren't important. I'm just concerned on my nation. I want to be part of the FBI when older, working with the Behavioral Analysis Unit. This story has been big in my eyes. I'm putting my focus in the Boston Bombing and the Explosion in Texas.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
...really? you linked the dead body? the fuck is wrong with you?

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 17:39 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
...really? you linked the dead body? the fuck is wrong with you?
Well he did tag it and put a warning.
tscuzimbrown wrote:
His older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, shown here. Dead. Viewers' Discretion is Advised.
Though I didn't read this just took a look while I was eating my morning bowl of choco whatevers :(

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 17:41 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Even then, is the any need for it to be posted at all?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 01:57 
Likes to type... (224)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
This just happened a few hours ago..keep Boston in your prayers.
Sure lets put our hands together and murmur quietly rather than actually doing something...

Spacecarrot : how man wham do you need for awesome people? 42.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 03:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
A little concerned about what the media and authorities have been up to, CISPA quietly being passed, pointing the finger straight at islam, giving martial law a test run, the likely torture of the guy they've gotten hold of.

us 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 03:49 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
'Merica. Home of the ass backwards almost everything political :P (Yes, I'm american)

Well, media is mostly to blame for all of this; truthfully the only time I hear of any casualties in Muslim or Islamic countries is when an American was involved. I'm not sure how media works over in Europe and other parts of the world, but I can only assume the news stays generally local unless it's major, which is how I liked it. I don't wanna turn on my TV and see how someone in Europe got arrested for shooting a guy, nor do you see every single one we get. Yes we had a bombing, yes 3 people died, yes 150+ got injured, but this is America, our own country; ordeals such as these get everyone thinking, makes them nervous about themselves. If what it takes is to manhunt the entire city for these guys to keep our people happy, then so be it.

I do find it quite amazing that the exact people who are arguing that "we shouldn't make a big deal out of it" don't realize that we have not a thing to do with what your news stations play. They play what keeps the people sucked in, so that's all you guys :P And frankly, if you feel your deaths are any more important then we've got some more problems then once thought.

As for CISPA being passed, its an "meh" for me. I don't do enough illegal stuff for me to worry about it really and my privacy is basically zip with social media anyway, so that's not a worry.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 13:14 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
To be honest I don't watch news so I wouldn't know, but it's pretty much become a big topic online, like really big. So no not 'our news guys', though no doubt it's been on the news internationally and constantly, but rather the people who are making a load of noise about it. It's so stupid because this is precisely the desired outcome of terrorism, this is exactly what they want from everyone, bonus points for scaring non-americans too. It's literally about the terrorism aswell, not the people, I mean we didn't hear much about that factory that blew up and killed a load of people in Texas. Might seem like I'm contradicting myself, but I do understand why it scares people, but scaremongering isn't doing anyone any good.

Then this martial law thing, I'm no expert on counter-terrorism, but I don't see how they got away with that. This gives them a load of powers they probably shouldn't have, and I don't know about you man, but if soldiers or armed police just started searching my house, shouting at me, guns pointed, I would feel pretty violated. Seems more like they've gave it a test run, used the shock the bombing caused to get the people's blessing to do it. Any shops, services or transport would have lost hundreds or millions of dollars during the lockdown, then there's the cost of the massive mobilsation of forces. That's not how bombings have been handled before so why, on this thankfully less tragic bombing, have drastic measures been put into effect?

No pirating at all then? Because people's propblem with this bill is that while it's intended for cyberattack prevention, it doesn't stop the authorities just checking out your personal information, there's no protection. This is just working towards getting the internet and it's users under control, and they will move onto pirating again, it's a slippery slope. So why does this concern someone from who isn't american? Because there's a chance other countries will follow through.

au 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 15:51 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
The best way to force a change people don't want is to convince them that it's exactly what they desire.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 17:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Ivanosauros wrote:
The best way to force a change people don't want is to convince them that it's exactly what they desire.
I'm not really informed on politics, but I think this paticular strategy is happening a lot these days with governments.