Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:05

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2013, 17:34 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I noticed a few others have bought it now so I was wondering if any of you whom I do not have in steam have also done so. Anyone up for a get-together for this? Let's kick the tires on the Multiplayer and see how it works out :4

us 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 01:10 
Pretty useless (84)
ARMA III, the "Realistic Shooter?"

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 06:03 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
How's about "ARMA III: the still in ALPHA shooter" you fucking dumbass :roll:

EDIT: and even more to the point, pretty certain those "images" are from ARMA 2 and from mods of it at that. But whatever...

us 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 16:11 
Pretty useless (84)
[SpA]Howard wrote:

EDIT: and even more to the point, pretty certain those "images" are from ARMA 2 and from mods of it at that. But whatever...
Then I retract my previous statement...

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 17:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Nitron200 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Then I retract my previous statement...
Sorry if it seemed like I jumped down your throat, but ragging on a game that you have never played in a franchise you have never experienced just makes me mad.

us 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 18:41 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I'm thinking about buying it.

You think the deluxe edition, or however they phrase the next edition, is worth it? Or just stick to the standard.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 19:00 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
I'm thinking about buying it.

You think the deluxe edition, or however the phrase the next edition, is worth it? Or just stick to the standard.
The deluxe edition looks like a con. Its just a bunch of digital maps that you can already get from other sources - you get no extra game content whatsoever.
FWIW, it does have potential, but, if you are not a follower of Bohemia, don't buy this expecting a single player game. The single player of every game they have ever made is more or less unplayable as they have never bothered upgrading their AI since O:FP days and it is just dire. Sure, they have made improvements to the control scheme and movement of the character (gone is the idiocy of ARMA 2 and good fucking riddance to it) but it is still a largely shambolic game. Vehicles are a total nightmare with helicopters being utterly unusable as BI have *still* not bothered to implement them differently. I also still have a huge grumble with the actual gun mechanics. O:FP had some of the greatest munition physics I have ever seen but they have just lost the plot now. Guns are wildly inaccurate at any range and while the detail is *better* in this game, its still more or less impossible to see enemies at more than about 50 yards as the distance scaling is appalling.

I still love it and I'm glad I bought it, as with all th previous, but Jesus H Christ, these people need to hire in some external help and actually learn how to make either a game or a sim as right now its neither.

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 19:56 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
This game will burn down my PC for sure so I ain't touching it :ugly:
Or will it run on a i7 920 (1st gen), 12gb ram, geforce 570gtx?

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 23:28 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]9mmNL wrote:
This game will burn down my PC for sure so I ain't touching it :ugly:
Or will it run on a i7 920 (1st gen), 12gb ram, geforce 570gtx?
Easy, as that is close to what I have. I have my i5 at 4.4 but I have the same GFX card as you and, at absolute max details, I get about 30 FPS. You'll do fine. It actually runs better than the lumbering shit-heap that was ARMA 2.

fi 
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2013, 17:18 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
you fucking dumbass :roll:
How's about not calling people a fucking dumbass, you fucking dumbass? :roll:
How about not calling a fucking dumbass a fucking dumbass, you celibatic smartbreast dropping impoliteness altogether? :P

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 14:23 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
If you want to test the game out, someone released 7,000 free keys for Arma III Alpha Lite. When you find one that works(my first pick worked for me) you get to install the Lite version, and you also get to gift the Lite version to a friend.

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 17:51 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
If you want to test the game out, someone released 7,000 free keys for Arma III Alpha Lite. When you find one that works(my first pick worked for me) you get to install the Lite version, and you also get to gift the Lite version to a friend.
Woop. Thanks Geebee.

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 18:20 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Wohooo nice thanks, just managed to get a working key aswell :4

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 19:03 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Took some tries, but I got one, looks like they're getting snapped up.

fi 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 21:49 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Been playing Alpha Lite for some time now, and I found out that tunas are counted as civilians :U Thanks for the code list, BTW.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.